HTC Desire (formerly Bravo) leaked press shot, the Nexus One for the masses - now with full specs!

Guest Monolithix

Guest vincentvan

I ditched my trusty Hero and bought the Desire a couple of weeks ago and I must say that I have been duly impressed and quite satisfied by it; however I decided to keep my old HTC HD2 anyway for a number of reasons, among which the most important is that the HD2 (after a little download from XDA devs) enjoys excellent voice dialing capabilities also via BT headsets, while the Desire, even after downloading and trying out all related apps from the market, is sadly deficient in this respect.

Voice dialing (possibly via BT too) is necessary to all those who, like me, spend most of his/her waking hours driving a car .

The best option I found for Android is called " Choice dialer" but it does not work via BT and it requires you to tap the icon on the home screen before calling out the name you want to call since the desire lacks a dedicated call button, and besides it's not even very good at recognizing contacts .

I hoped that the Desire could have become the only phone I would need, but it seems that my old HD2 is gonna stay in active duty for a while longer; I must say that I am a bit disappointed about it.

Has anyone found a solution to this gaping hole in the Desire's (and Android's) usability?

Guest squirreleater
I ditched my trusty Hero and bought the Desire a couple of weeks ago and I must say that I have been duly impressed and quite satisfied by it; however I decided to keep my old HTC HD2 anyway for a number of reasons, among which the most important is that the HD2 (after a little download from XDA devs) enjoys excellent voice dialing capabilities also via BT headsets, while the Desire, even after downloading and trying out all related apps from the market, is sadly deficient in this respect.

Voice dialing (possibly via BT too) is necessary to all those who, like me, spend most of his/her waking hours driving a car .

The best option I found for Android is called " Choice dialer" but it does not work via BT and it requires you to tap the icon on the home screen before calling out the name you want to call since the desire lacks a dedicated call button, and besides it's not even very good at recognizing contacts .

I hoped that the Desire could have become the only phone I would need, but it seems that my old HD2 is gonna stay in active duty for a while longer; I must say that I am a bit disappointed about it.

Has anyone found a solution to this gaping hole in the Desire's (and Android's) usability?

Needs it's own thread really.

Does the google voice dialer not work on the desire?

I have an N1 with desire rom and it is ok, but I don't really use it so can't really comment.

Just a thought....

The desire should be able to do this if the HD2 can, as they are much the same inside.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.