Problem sending SMS

Guest bubaloo

Guest bubaloo

Just got my HTC and have put the Modaco firmware on, such a good phone! How did I live before it!?!

I am using Handcent for SMS and I have a problem sending messages when there is no signal, it will stay there with the rotating green circle even and does not resend when there is a signal. The only workaround I have found is to copy the message and paste it to send as a new message. It is not a problem with Handcent as the standard application does the same. Does anyone else have this problem?

I have the same problem, probably worth mailing Handcent about it as opposed to asking here though.

For the record I just do what you do, copy, paste and delete the original (stuck) message. I'm not sure why sometimes Handcent tells me I have unsent messages and other times it just does nothing.

if you go into the main conversation window, hit menu, there is an option to show undelivered messages. FRom there you just tap on the message and it reloads it all ready for you to send again.

Guest bobblot

I had the same problem a while ago, it wouldn't work through the stock messaging program either, What I found was when I updated the radio I didn't have the problem again so maybe try that?

Guest bubaloo
if you go into the main conversation window, hit menu, there is an option to show undelivered messages. FRom there you just tap on the message and it reloads it all ready for you to send again.

Ah just found that! Is there any way to have it auto resend once it gets a signal?

Also don't think it is an issue with Handcent as this happens with the standard tool as well.

Not sure about radio, will have to look into this

Edited by bubaloo