the flipclock

Guest kendon

great work kendon! Just hope it can be made to work in 2.1 roms eventually...that'd be nice :D

since htc still has some time left to make the rom it might be worth adressing this issue to them, letting them know that it is missed...

Guest Vido.Ardes

I just tried it on MoDaCo 3.2b5 and I got the issue where clocks didn't appear in the widgets menu anymore.

I haven't tried a wipe, I'll give it a go next time a new modaco ROM comes out

Guest minty1978
since htc still has some time left to make the rom it might be worth adressing this issue to them, letting them know that it is missed...

i might tweet them...see what happens :D

edit: tweet sent to @htc retweet if you are following me @mintymurray

Edited by minty1978

Guest shokka9

lots of people seem to be cooking your clock bro :(

Its everywhere at xda, now they have a kitchen fired up...

Good work, thats got to be the biggest compliment to what you done :(

take care

3.2b5 flashed it on; no wipe. Started off acting very slow but worked perfectly after a couple of minutes!

yeah, that is the way to notice it needs some power... actually it is the phone being slow b/c of all that backgroundstuff going on, it doesn't have enough power left for the clock...

Guest The_IMF
yeah, that is the way to notice it needs some power... actually it is the phone being slow b/c of all that backgroundstuff going on, it doesn't have enough power left for the clock...

Yeah I expected as much! Can't really do much on the phone for the first couple of minutes but loving the flip clock!

Guest sollers
UPDATE: seems to work fine for most people by just flashing, my phone had different problems.

it does work with this method when having trouble otherwise: wipe, fresh installation of mcr3.1/2, boot and do the setup, flash the clock. a wipe is not mandatory, it has proven to work without a wipe in many cases now. should work on all 1.5 sense roms.

in every case make a nandroid backup before! then flash the zipfile as usual from the recovery menu, no need to delete anything manually before.

who wonders what this is about, from 0:12 in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaFH0vI2w1A. the flipclock was removed by htc in the 2.73 series roms, probably for performance reasons. since (especially) paul and teknologist have done a lot on the performance side it is worth a try IMHO. so far the feedback is good, ppl don't seem to notice an impact on the performance.

Ok, I'm sorry but im new to this think, could somebody tell me the exact steps on how to install this thing ?:/

Guest Dr. dre
Ok, I'm sorry but im new to this think, could somebody tell me the exact steps on how to install this thing ?:/

Just download this .zip file and open your recovery image and just select 'flash .zip from sdcard'

Guest sollers
Just download this .zip file and open your recovery image and just select 'flash .zip from sdcard'

How to even open a recovery image :( ? Sorry, I'm really a newie here :S

Guest The_IMF

Root up your phone first to make life easy! Search the forum, there's plenty of people asking how to root and plenty of good links to guides.

press power while holding (when phone is off). if you don't get a green text menu but a ! logo then you need to install the custom recovery first.

press power while holding (when phone is off). if you don't get a green text menu but a ! logo then you need to install the custom recovery first.

Don't you mean power on while holding down the Home button? That's the way I have to do it.

Guest Shizophren

Just installed the clock on MCR 3.1. Using it for about 2 month. Seems to work without Wipe.

Thank you. Looks great and i think it will runs great :(

Guest lolingu

Today I reflashed my Hero with a stock .66 and when I installed the flipclock again I got the error where I could not connect to my network while the clock was in the screen.

Trying to reflash rom and configure it before reflashing again the clock and see what happens.

edit, reflashed radio, rom, bootscreen (N1 one) and clock in that order and now it workd like a charm, weird :(

edit 2, after a wipe the clock does not show up and it does not appear on the HTC widgets anymore :( :( :(

Edited by lolingu

Guest kendon
edit 2, after a wipe the clock does not show up and it does not appear on the HTC widgets anymore :( :( :(

yes this is the bug why you can not put it in a rom from the beginning. you need to reflash the rom, boot and do the initial setup, then reboot to recovery and flash the clock...

i don't know why this happens or what to do to prevent it...

• 2 months later...