the flipclock

Guest kendon

Guest kendon
Is there any method to make this clock work without rooting my g2? If yes, how? :huh:

no, sorry. you need a custom recovery image that allows flashing of update.zip.

Guest jbrizz

Works well on Modaco 3.2, no wipe, but I'm also having the issue with the date showing 'Fri, 05-07' and not changing based on date settings.

Kind of a problem since I live in New Zealand, the date is backwards!

• 1 month later...
Guest w@mmes

Would it be possible to add this animated flipclock to the new MoDaCo 4.0 releases?

I really miss the old nostalgic day's when my flipclock used to flip :)

Guest kendon

we have a flipping clock over at villainrom.co.uk, not sure if it works on this release, but i would guess so. i don't think paul is up for including such hacks, feel free to suggest it to him though.

Guest w@mmes
we have a flipping clock over at villainrom.co.uk, not sure if it works on this release, but i would guess so. i don't think paul is up for including such hacks, feel free to suggest it to him though.

Thanks Kendo. I was browsing over at villainrom.co.uk and understand that the flipclock widget is an OTA-update for the Villainrom 10.x roms. I really like my MoDaCo rom ( :) ) and am just interested in the widget. Any idea where the OTA-updates are hosted or where I can download just the widget's update.zip?

Guest kendon

you can access the ota updates at www.villainrom.co.uk/ota, keep in mind that this will overwrite your build.prop as well, so you should remove that from the archive before flashing it.

Guest w@mmes
you can access the ota updates at www.villainrom.co.uk/ota, keep in mind that this will overwrite your build.prop as well, so you should remove that from the archive before flashing it.

Thanks again Kenon, unfortunately the villainrom.co.uk/ota is 403-error (forbidden). Even with my brand-new villainrom account I cann't acces the OTA updates ;)

My other idea is to flash my phone, get the OTA update en nandroid back, but there has to be an easier way. Any suggestion?

Guest kendon
Thanks again Kenon, unfortunately the villainrom.co.uk/ota is 403-error (forbidden). Even with my brand-new villainrom account I cann't acces the OTA updates ;)

My other idea is to flash my phone, get the OTA update en nandroid back, but there has to be an easier way. Any suggestion?

sorry about that, there were issues with the list being in /ota so i moved it, i have now created a redirection.

Guest w@mmes

I managed to get the flipclock archive from villainrom.co.uk/ota. Thank you very much Kendon ;)

I have one more question though, what do you mean by this:

I looked through the archive but couldn't find any 'build.prop' file(s). Could you explain to me what you mend?

Guest MoWeb
ah i think there is no build.prop in the flipclock, because it is an optional update. so you can safely flash it.

kendon,

I flashed the flipclock from the Villian site and it doesn't flip. If I'm not on the home screen for several minutes, then return, it will flip only the minutes to the correct time. That's all the flipping I see and it's also the only scenario by which it will flip. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

MoWeb