[ROM] eViL Eclair v2.2 (Liquid e) [4/15/2010] (FINAL eViL LE ROM)

Guest eViL D:

Guest umair9001
Hello eVil.

Good Work..

You have write that this new ROM is based on a new BIN (not 008)

In the first page, the link of the bin, is to the new bin or 008 ?

Thanks

Its based off the new bin, but the new bin isn't leaked..might be source asked him not to..

Guest rafyvitto
Interesting, so does it sync your contacts though?

*can you get the logcat for those parts?

Its no biggy i just hit home and it doesn't show up anymore =], no harm done ;)

Guest lgcmn
Interesting, so does it sync your contacts though?

just flashed 2.1.9 first it asked me to run setup or com.something.something(sorry don't remember) i chose setup it run goggle sign up, i signed, then again then again and again..i rebooted my acer and it started normal and yes it synchronized with google account)

Guest audiobastard
just flashed 2.1.9 first it asked me to run setup or com.something.something(sorry don't remember) i chose setup it run goggle sign up, i signed, then again then again and again..i rebooted my acer and it started normal and yes it synchronized with google account)

I've actually run into that kind of a problem on other roms. I don't know how to recreate the problem but it has happened where it keeps asking me to login to google. I know one time it was when i was setting up multiple email accounts. I would get done with the second one and click the finish button and it would just aks me to login again. Another time I can't recall how it happened.

in each case I just clicked the home button and the problem went away.

Thanks for the upload EvilD; I'll probably give it a go tomorrow.

Guest lgcmn

after every reboot in notification bar appears an icon SIM&synchro (saying that it is loading contacts fron sim card, but i have no contacts on it) after 10 sec it dissapears...

p.s. what does the Wiper App do?

eViL D:, thanx for great work, very fast ROM, after cleaning memory it always has about 75Mb of memory

Edited by lgcmn

Guest Apocangel

Any chance you might upload the blackbar and the launcher with phone and browser buttons? I've tried updating the new ROM with the blackbar available in the Forums but every time I do so the launcher crashes and never reloads and I have to reflash the rom to get my cell working again. Your rom works great although I do miss the haptic feedback when I'm typing.

Guest lgcmn

also the sms LED light on the top side of the phone is always on and i can't create a new contact, it simply doesn't appear in contacts...

p.s. i think that this ROM can only download contacts and etc, but not upload...

Edited by lgcmn

Guest Apocangel
also the sms LED light on the top side of the phone is always on and i can't create a new contact, it simply doesn't appear in contacts...

p.s. i think that this ROM can only download contacts and etc, but not upload...

I didn't notice till now but my message led is lit and won't turn off no matter what I do. Is it the rom or my phone?

Guest Ninlour
Is the rom...

DEAR EVIL D

I would like to clarify things for all and the members who tried the new ROM 2.1.9

the ROM boots completely fine. it also syncs google account including contacts and the calendar. for those who get repetitive log in requesition you probably have made a flash error so I would suggest to re-flash the zip file but do a complete data wipe to factory settings before and after the flash.

for those who had problems creating contacts it's a setting change. simply your contacts show only google account contacts and when you are creating a new contact you are saving it to the phone memory which will not show in the contacts if the option is set to show only google account contacts. to "solve" that you can simply open contacts then press menu> view options ..then choose what you like to show.

for those who had problems with the sms LED notification, I realized that as well but it doesn't happen everytime. it just happens with the first message you receive but if you can use advanced task manager (from the market) to solve that. just run the app and kill all running apps. it will make that bug disappear (i have no explanation for that but it does work ;)

the Big main issue with this build and all other 2.1 builds is the google navigation

I realized that mostly all eclair roms that they are based on the latest BIN they have a messed up compass.

the compass would not recognize directions (east or west) which makes google navigation a complete useless!!!

the other issue which is not a big deal is the nexus one live wallpaper..but no big deal really ..you can get it from the market for free ;)

battery performance is GREAT.. speed is AWSOME..

no over heating like before..

this makes my hopes so up high when we receive the official update ...acer a1 will be a real snappy device..

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR WORK MAN..

if I ignore the google navigation ..I will definitely leave it running my acer until the official update release ;)

Guest Apocangel

For those who get repetitive sign in:

When you flash the rom you will get two choices as soon as you turn the phone on.

One with a really long name that i cant remember at the moment and launcher. If you choose the long one you'll get a completely normal sign in wizard. If you choose the other one you will get one that loops endlessly.

If Anyone can post the correct name of both choices i would greatly appreciate it.

Guest Ninlour
For those who get repetitive sign in:

When you flash the rom you will get two choices as soon as you turn the phone on.

One with a really long name that i cant remember at the moment and launcher. If you choose the long one you'll get a completely normal sign in wizard. If you choose the other one you will get one that loops endlessly.

If Anyone can post the correct name of both choices i would greatly appreciate it.

I believe the first option was called ".com android (something) default" and the second one is called "setup wizard"

Guest audiobastard
DEAR EVIL D

I would like to clarify things for all and the members who tried the new ROM 2.1.9

the ROM boots completely fine. it also syncs google account including contacts and the calendar. for those who get repetitive log in requesition you probably have made a flash error so I would suggest to re-flash the zip file but do a complete data wipe to factory settings before and after the flash.

for those who had problems creating contacts it's a setting change. simply your contacts show only google account contacts and when you are creating a new contact you are saving it to the phone memory which will not show in the contacts if the option is set to show only google account contacts. to "solve" that you can simply open contacts then press menu> view options ..then choose what you like to show.

for those who had problems with the sms LED notification, I realized that as well but it doesn't happen everytime. it just happens with the first message you receive but if you can use advanced task manager (from the market) to solve that. just run the app and kill all running apps. it will make that bug disappear (i have no explanation for that but it does work ;)

the Big main issue with this build and all other 2.1 builds is the google navigation

I realized that mostly all eclair roms that they are based on the latest BIN they have a messed up compass.

the compass would not recognize directions (east or west) which makes google navigation a complete useless!!!

the other issue which is not a big deal is the nexus one live wallpaper..but no big deal really ..you can get it from the market for free ;)

battery performance is GREAT.. speed is AWSOME..

no over heating like before..

this makes my hopes so up high when we receive the official update ...acer a1 will be a real snappy device..

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR WORK MAN..

if I ignore the google navigation ..I will definitely leave it running my acer until the official update release ;)

I just wanted to tell you that i also have the compass issue. But, my actual compass is read properly in eclair. Update google maps and the map application should show the arrow turning properly. So that's good to use google for navigation, but you just can't use the actual google navigation beta application.

In other words, the bin reads the compass properly, but somehow in turn by turn apps the direction gets lost in translation. So, using the regular maps for directions still works well, but you just won't be able to use turn by turn.

I'm becoming optimistic enough about this rom to go ahead and put in on. I'm on 1.6 at the moment, but i'm missing the ability to stream all my media via bluetooth to my computer speakers. Its great for music and podcasts and stuff like that. See, something like that... so simple, would be a pain in the arse to do on a winmo phone and yet its such a cool feature.

Guest Ultimate Chicken

Quick question:

Is it possible to upgrade to 2.1.9 from 2.0r1 without wiping?

Edited by Ultimate Chicken

Guest eViL D:

Looks like I will not be getting my Desire until 4/19. SO....... I will still be doing some work, optimizing & probably theming this build. Unless of course there is something newer that I can get a hold of. ;)

Guest audiobastard
Looks like I will not be getting my Desire until 4/19. SO....... I will still be doing some work, optimizing & probably theming this build. Unless of course there is something newer that I can get a hold of. ;)

too bad the desire doesn't come with 1900 or 850 3g band. But nexus one does ;).

Guest eViL D:
too bad the desire doesn't come with 1900 or 850 3g band. But nexus one does ;).

I'm on T-mobile anyway, I could have gotten the N1, but meh..... aws is nice, but EDGE is pretty fast on TMO. Obviously if a desire or legend comes out with 1700.....

Edited by eViL D: