[ROM] eViL Eclair v2.2 (Liquid e) [4/15/2010] (FINAL eViL LE ROM)

Guest eViL D:

Guest eViL D:
best rom for me, thx a lot devil ;)

Can you repair the T rom ? ;) it will be perfect ^^

If you could let me know more, I sure will try. Screenshots or descriptions will help.

Sorry Evil, won't reflash the themed one right now, will describe: (2.2t r2)

-On the Google Search widget, on the Vocal search icon there is a star (wut?)

-On the Notification bar, the icons are wrong: The Wifi one is a download icon, well I can't describe it , every icon is the wrong one, but that may be because I didn't put any SIMcard.

-When you pull down the notification bar, instead of a transparent (or black?) background you have many wifi icons.

-The Launcher2 is themed but it's an old one, which make it slower than the stock 2.2s one.

Didn't test further.

BTW, if someone wants to have an almost as smooth launcher than the 1.6 one, you may try 2.2s with Home++, it's really smooth oO. But it lacks LiveWallpaper support.

Edited by bais

Guest audiobastard

more bugs -- using qik.. i was streaming and then 5 minutes in the image flipped upside down and streamed online upside down.... again... probably the bin. In the .008 bin, multitasking sucks. I can't keep podkast running while i switch over and do something else. I could in 1.6. I just gotta say, i don't like this bin at all. There's some cool stuff like multitouch, but it causes so many more problems. I can't believe how much you cooks have done to make this bin work well. Thanks.

Guest neferym
If you could let me know more, I sure will try. Screenshots or descriptions will help.

alway reboot on the startup (boot). ;) thx !

this rom never start completed.

Guest eViL D:

-On the Notification bar, the icons are wrong: The Wifi one is a download icon, well I can't describe it , every icon is the wrong one, but that may be because I didn't put any SIMcard.

-When you pull down the notification bar, instead of a transparent (or black?) background you have many wifi icons.

-The Launcher2 is themed but it's an old one, which make it slower than the stock 2.2s one.

Didn't test further.

BTW, if someone wants to have an almost as smooth launcher than the 1.6 one, you may try 2.2s with Home++, it's really smooth oO. But it lacks LiveWallpaper support.

Ok, sounds like services.jar

I will do it w/o battery percent and see how it goes. I will upload in couple hours. It won't take me that long, but I have things going on right now.

Guest eViL D:

Didn't test further.

Yeah, I know you don't like the themed launcher..... It matches, and you can always replace it. Do you think it's THAT much slower?

Guest eViL D:
Oh~~yes!! you come out your update.

but no link to donwload 2.2s and 2.2t ;)

Just finished at mediafire

BTW, 2.2s is on all 3 download links.

Edited by eViL D:

Guest Idalvar
Message LED is always on (2.2s)

See if this helps?

mms.zip - push via adb

mms_update.zip flash from recovery

I also have the problem with the Message LED that is always on .

I tried installing the Mms.apk via adb and from recovery but it won't work either way (error message)

Anyone resolved the problem ?

Thanks

PS: This 2.2s is the fastest Eclair ROM there is currently , Thanks eVil D:

Guest vache
more bugs -- using qik.. i was streaming and then 5 minutes in the image flipped upside down and streamed online upside down.... again... probably the bin. In the .008 bin, multitasking sucks. I can't keep podkast running while i switch over and do something else. I could in 1.6. I just gotta say, i don't like this bin at all. There's some cool stuff like multitouch, but it causes so many more problems. I can't believe how much you cooks have done to make this bin work well. Thanks.

Try to put default settings in Autokiller. Since there is lowmem tweak in the boot.img to keep more ram free, it could kill your apps too quickly.

Guest audiobastard
Try to put default settings in Autokiller. Since there is lowmem tweak in the boot.img to keep more ram free, it could kill your apps too quickly.

I'll try it but i don't think that's it b/c podkast shuts off even if all i do is go to desktop.

Tried 2.2t Alpha:

-No problem during installation (and no need to choose no sign check).

-Google Sync OK, Network OK

-Notification bar icons are the right ones now ;) .

But there's one thing bugging me:

My notification bar is...Orange yay! xD

Guest neferym
Tried 2.2t Alpha:

Same thing for me ;)

Guest Riekr

vache am i wrong or did you compile the kernel?

can preemtion be disabled for a test? (or has someone already did it?)

Guest eViL D:
Tried 2.2t Alpha:

ORANGE??

Hrmm.... I'll take a look. Anything else have Orange accents or highlights?

Evil I'm trying to modify SmokedGlass theme to make it work on your stock ROM, and well I've never done such things before:

So I replaced the drawables only of the APKs of your ROM. But I get a bootloop when I flash it, is it because of the framework-res.apk or because of the services.jar?

Guest eViL D:
Evil I'm trying to modify SmokedGlass theme to make it work on your stock ROM, and well I've never done such things before:

So I replaced the drawables only of the APKs of your ROM. But I get a bootloop when I flash it, is it because of the framework-res.apk or because of the services.jar?

Could be both, but I'm more inclined to believe if you changed the services.jar, that's why. .004 and .008 both had the same services.jar, but the newer system had a different services.jar

About your themed ROM:

Here's a screen of the orange notification bar

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=1...0417_184920.png

EDIT: Okay fixed Notification and status bar in Smoked Glass port.

EDIT 2: 2.2t beta users may try this to fix the status bar: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5NKIGUFD

Push it via: adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework

Edited by bais

Guest eViL D:
About your themed ROM:

Here's a screen of the orange notification bar

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=1...0417_184920.png

EDIT: Okay fixed Notification and status bar in Smoked Glass port.

EDIT 2: 2.2t beta users may try this to fix the status bar: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5NKIGUFD

Push it via: adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework

Awesome job! Did you port the blue too? Or just the status bar and status bar icons?