MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest bearlyme86

Does anyone have any problems with the wifi turning itself on even after it is intentionally turned off in a15? Possible solutions?

Guest Stea1thmode
Paul,

Adding your own zip file doesn't work.

I tried to bake one into the ROM but it hasn't appeared twice in a row.

Also have you managed to fix the Apps2sd issue I posted earlier?

I haven't seen a response so I'm not sure if it has been fixed or even investigated as yet.

you got me there, are there problems with apps2sd?

Edited by Stea1thmode

All being well Alpha 17 - based on the Desire RELEASE ROM - is coming tomorrow... it'll give you all something to play with for the weekend. :)

I'll also be doing a more full breakdown of what works, what doesn't, what's still needed etc.

P

Guest skydart
Unfortunately still no sign of images in HTML mail messages using Gmail app. :-(

I can confirm. Even after selecting, "Show Images", it wont' show any images in Gmail.

Guest skydart
All being well Alpha 17 - based on the Desire RELEASE ROM - is coming tomorrow... it'll give you all something to play with for the weekend. :)

I'll also be doing a more full breakdown of what works, what doesn't, what's still needed etc.

P

Who is THE MAN? . . . YOU ARE DA MAN! Wahooo! Can't wait! Can you give us a hint as to what we can expect to see in Alpha 17?

Edited by skydart

Guest chunga

the new 5.0.5 cyanogen kernel has a good battery life, I'm testing it today... hope Paul can put that kernel on next release. Also the battery % patch if possible :)

I found a bug related to peep, when your nick is mentioned in middle of a message, it doesn't appear on peep, causing it to loop permanently the notification message

Guest cnraghu

P

Splendid...

Guest cnraghu
the new 5.0.5 cyanogen kernel has a good battery life, I'm testing it today... hope Paul can put that kernel on next release. Also the battery % patch if possible :)

I found a bug related to peep, when your nick is mentioned in middle of a message, it doesn't appear on peep, causing it to loop permanently the notification message

Where did you find 5.0.5? Last I see for Cyanogen is 5.0.4.x

Guest Amdathlonuk
Which A2SD issue?

Is the zip file < 10MB? What's in it?

P

Hi Paul,

Bascally I flashed Alpha 15 and when I had loaded around 70 apps I got the 'insufficient storage' message.

However my internal memory went down from 156mb available to 61mb available, this tells me they were installing on the phone.

Also the zip file was 1 .apk around 500k but didn't appear in the bake (root explorer).

However I have just flashed Alpha 16 and the FIRST apk I try and download from the market I got 'insuffient storage' but my phone is showing 156Mb available.

I have removed my SD card (as the phone hangs due to the ext3 partition probably).

I wiped the phone,

flashed Alpha 16,

removed SD card,

booted phone (for first time)

tried to download speech data and got the 'insufficient storage' message.

Any ideas what the issue is?

DYING to get this rom working as I want the camera!!

Guest cezent

P

Finally we are gonna see the end of Alpha ROMs and the beginning or RC ROMS ;) bring it on!!!!! yeehaahhhh...

Guest christonge

P

Excellent news!! Can't wait..... cheers mate ;)

Guest commodoor
Finally we are gonna see the end of Alpha ROMs and the beginning or RC ROMS :) bring it on!!!!! yeehaahhhh...

Where is the beta ;) i always thought that after alpha comes beta version. anyways its great news can't wait to try it

Finally we are gonna see the end of Alpha ROMs and the beginning or RC ROMS :) bring it on!!!!! yeehaahhhh...

Not until BT is working properly I think... thoughts?

P

Guest GodDriven
Where is the beta :P i always thought that after alpha comes beta version. anyways its great news can't wait to try it

WOW..

Where's The small yellow school bus again? :)

JK.. ;)

Guest xghostyxjokerx

I have a problem i had tried out the version 15 now with this version i had an issue actually a big one...i had my phone on sleep mode right then i turn it on then played with it a bit then tried to put it back to sleep and then no respond... it doesnt want to sleep...so i then power it off then i turn it back on then it works...then i put it to sleep then turn it back on...fine....then tried to sleep it again and no respond ...is this a fix on this version?

Edited by xghostyxjokerx

Guest smirnophe
I have a problem i had tried out the version 15 now with this version i had an issue actually a big one...i had my phone on sleep mode right then i turn it on then played with it a bit then tried to put it back to sleep and then no respond... it doesnt want to sleep...so i then power it off then i turn it back on then it works...then i put it to sleep then turn it back on...fine....then tried to sleep it again and no respond ...is this a fix on this version?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I think you forgot a "?", without it you won't get any answer...

++

Guest dr3blanc0
Small Review on Paul MDC Desire ROM

Below review is base on Alpha 15, I am still downloading Alpha 16, hehe.

4443717416_4b3b5f01e7_o.png4442944847_4d82db1801_o.png

4442946143_16e8278c92_o.png4443716258_fed039ae7c_o.png

4443687774_f52de998f3_o.png4442915251_f7c50d4566_o.png

4443721902_2abdaef1b0_o.png4442949321_7244f27239_o.png

4442965961_b5d9bb4f4d_o.png4443720502_eece5ef46b_o.png

Pros

• HTC Sense is rock solic, all widget done by HTC is eye candy, the bundle analogue clock will show in white color in morning and black color at night time, awesome
  • Main Screen changes is easy and fun by just pinch to choose, total 7 screens available.
  • Overalll quite stable and smooth.
  • Weather effect is fun and show everytime you unlock the device.
  • Friend Stream is great by integrating Facebook & Twitter together.
  • Able to search contact by just typing at dialpad.
  • Wired Tether and Wireless Tether is working.
  • Touch to focus in Camera is cool.
  • HTC Touch input is awesome.
    • Lock screen can simply unlock by touching the second button (right menu button).
    • Menu slightly lagging when using live wallpaper.
    • Wallpaper selection between normal and live is link wrongly where selection became normal wallpaper when you choose live wallpaper and v/s.
    • Some graphics gritch alignment issue.
    • Camera flash not flashing correctly.
    • Bluetooth not yet working properly.
    • Transition effect done by HTC Desire seems lessor than Nexus One.
    • USB debugging need to be on when selection apps is using SU, or else the SU will blank and FC, no issue on CM ROM.
    • Not sure whether A2SD is working or not as no selection to choose on or off like CM 5.0.5-test2 ROM.

Other

[*]Lastly I brave on agains my second attempt flashing the radio, baseband 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2 seems better than previous radio.

How did you get that nice battery widget?

Guest GodDriven
Not until BT is working properly I think... thoughts?

P

P, question.. Power Managment..?

Also, BT, we all have claimed as most have proven that with the OC and UV Kernal has helped..

Can the compliments of this be incorporated in desire?

Edited by GodDriven

Guest GeoTrail

Gmail doesn't work properly. THe images in emails won't display.

Footprint now works. That's great. Haven't tried Blutooth in my car yet, but I hope that works.

The navigation don't work on alpha 16. It worked on alpha 14.

Guest ootherocoo
Settings..

Check your settings within the Weather intervals. You could have this done by the changing them. Plus Geo location (automatically download data) is what keeps working in the time zone your in..

If you are seeing this after daylight savings time.. All devices are.. Until the zones and rise and set are reset.. You don't don't it.. The T-mobile now ATT network wild do this for you..

Plus, if you get up at 8am and there's light outside, but the moon shows.. It's the refresh hasn't happened according to when you set it up.. Just refresh manually.

Yeah Just checked... Make sure your intervals are within 1-3 hours.. Now look at it this way.. If you set it at 2:56am it will refresh ONLY at the specified times after this initial set-up.

Meaning.. 2:56am refresh at 3 hours.. 5:56am then 8:56am.. etc.. it's when you placed not every hour on the hour.. or every three hours on the hour. LOL.

Hope that helped..

Thanks alot. You're name has a literal meaning...LOL. Everything you said helped me greatly, it's now working fine. Coming from and iPhone this is my first android phone, so I'm still gettin used to it.