MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Actually, I don't have the HTC Calendar widget either. And I baked mine in the kitchen as well.

HTC Calendar widget in my baked rom seems to work fine.

Guest GD007

Hi guys

I have installed the RA-nexus-v1.6.2 and used partition sdcard to create a new ex4 partition.

then uploaded AL17 and I'm getting the HTC welcome screen over and over again.

the phone can't start :)

any ideas?

Tnx

Hi guys

I have installed the RA-nexus-v1.6.2 and used partition sdcard to create a new ex4 partition.

then uploaded AL17 and I'm getting the HTC welcome screen over and over again.

the phone can't start :)

any ideas?

Tnx

Did you do a full wipe before flashing the rom?

Guest GodDriven
Just a quick note from me to say that I wanted to get you all a build out that you could play with over the weekend, i'll be pushing a few fixes early next week, as well as working in earnest with the Bravo kernel config to see if I can do anything there. As soon as the Desire's hit retail (or before) i'll be picking one up as it'll really help fixing stuff. Trying hard to get kernel source too. ;)

WRT speed, give it a short while to settle after initial boot and I suspect you'll find it faster than A16!

Enjoy and have a great weekend everyone! :)

P

P, YOU ARE "GODDRIVEN"

Hey, does this mean that WE CAN BECOME OFFICIAL physical desire owners too.. Will you reverse engineer and work on it.

I.E. Use in the US.. Before THE US RELEASE.

Guest hardcore88

I wiped factory and dalvick cache, installed a17, cant get a data connection at all. Tried it twice. I ended up nandroid restoring back to a16. Anyone else experiencing this?

Guest GodDriven
P, YOU ARE "GODDRIVEN"

Hey, does this mean that WE CAN BECOME OFFICIAL physical desire owners too.. Will you reverse engineer and work on it.

P, before you go, PLEASE FIX THE APN ISSUE..

WE CANT STAY GIVING THE SAME ANSWER OVER AND OVER AGAIN. LOL..

THANKS..

I.E. NOTICE THE QUESTION ABOVE ^^^^^^^^

Post 3206, thats the tenth time in just 2 hours.. PLEASE>>

We are here but that would clogg the thread less and release us from worrying about that and helping others with grander things.. :-)

Edited by GodDriven

Guest cortez
I wiped factory and dalvick cache, installed a17, cant get a data connection at all. Tried it twice. I ended up nandroid restoring back to a16. Anyone else experiencing this?
take a moment to review recent posts and you'll see this is a known issue. the T-Mo US settings have been posted if that's what you need. create a new APN and you'll be good to go!

Guest n_one

the most important for me is my wifi adhoc connection, i like this rom, but i cant connect to my wifi adhoc. i go back again in cm, hope in the next build will add the wifi adhoc features.

Guest zomgzombies
I can fix the capacitive lights so they stay on all the time when the screen is on. Coming next week.

P

cool thanks. tried doing adb thing someone mentioned over at xda but super noob here.

Guest lp1527
Same thing happened to me several pages back. Two questions:

1 - did you include Friendstream in your bake?

2 - did you include stock Android contacts?

I found that including Friendstream and not including stock Android contacts fixed the sync problem.

I did not include either- going to rebake with Friendstream and will report back. THANKS for your response!!!

P, YOU ARE "GODDRIVEN"

How can you be official physical desire owner if you don't own the actual device.

Software wise you can "have" Desire by installing the final rom, but no way you can turn your Nexus One to physical Desire, so much differences (f.ex physical keys under the screen in Desire)

:)

Guest GodDriven
How can you be official physical desire owner if you don't own the actual device.

Software wise you can "have" Desire by installing the final rom, but no way you can turn your Nexus One to physical Desire, so much differences (f.ex physical keys under the screen in Desire)

You know what I mean.. Your funny dude..

Nice point out for the rest,, LOL.

Guest GodDriven

Manually set up the APN, works fine (THANKS PhonePersona!!!)

Name: T-Mobile US

APN: epc.tmobile.com

Proxy: 216.155.165.050

Port: 8080

Username: (leave this blank)

Password: (leave this blank)

Server: (leave this blank)

MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50

MMS Port: 8080

MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0 (if its an option use 2.0)

MCC: 310

MNC: 260

APN Type: (leave this blank)

You know what I mean.. Your funny dude..

Nice point out for the rest,, LOL.

Yeah I know what you meant, just giving my 2cents here ;)

And I'm not so funny really :P just tired :)

Edited by inf

Guest kam187

RE my headphone issue i looked at /system/usr/keylayout/h2w_headset.kl

key 107   ENDCALL		   WAKE_DROPPED

key 113   MUTE				WAKE

key 114   VOLUME_DOWN	   WAKE

key 115   VOLUME_UP		 WAKE

key 163   MEDIA_NEXT		WAKE

key 164   MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE  WAKE

key 165   MEDIA_PREVIOUS	WAKE

key 226   HEADSETHOOK	   WAKE

key 231   CALL			  WAKE_DROPPED

I tried to change CALL to MEDIA_NEXT but its working very intermitantly :) Anyone got the file from the original NEXUS stock rom handy?

Guest Thetechnogeek
Yes.. CONFIRMED..

AS STATED BEFORE BY OUR FELLOW FORUM MEMBER..

I FIRED IT UP AND VIOLA IT WORKS..

THANKS P, Again and again..

No it doesn't. DIVX files do not play natively with this ROM. Or at least not for me :)

No it doesn't. DIVX files do not play natively with this ROM. Or at least not for me ;)

Well there is lot of different divx movies around. Some might work, where another doesn't. It's pretty much down to how they are encoded, and if the ROM can read the codec info from the file.

So...to wrap up...some movies work, others dont :)

Guest GD007

inf;

nop.

but I did partition sdcard after installing RA-nexus-v1.6.2:

1. partition sdcard - > partition sd -> create swap size of 512MB and ex2 size 512MB abd FAT32 remainder

2. upgraded ex2 to ex4

3. loaded the AL17 zip file using adb push

4. used recovery to flash the AL17 zip file -> ended successfully.

what did i missed?

Tnx

inf;

nop.

but I did partition sdcard after installing RA-nexus-v1.6.2:

1. partition sdcard - > partition sd -> create swap size of 512MB and ex2 size 512MB abd FAT32 remainder

2. upgraded ex2 to ex4

3. loaded the AL17 zip file using adb push

4. used recovery to flash the AL17 zip file -> ended successfully.

what did i missed?

Tnx

What rom did you use before?

You just can't flash new rom on top of a different rom (except if they're updates). But the Alpha17 is done-from-scratch so you need to wipe it if you come from a different rom.

So from Amon_ra-> Wipe -> Nand wipe & dalvik-cache wipe. After that using Amon_ra flash the A17 zip to the device

Guest polo79

i am using titanium backup. does anyone know the exact file in there that will re-apply my home setup of icons settings? there is alot of HTC stuff in there.

Guest skydart
Hi gapps-passion-ERE36B-2-signed.zip, (Google Apps?) is only CyanogenMOD based ROMs.

Thank you, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. ;-) I'm learning as I go, and it's so cool to see that Paul has included everything here for us.

Guest Thetechnogeek
Well there is lot of different divx movies around. Some might work, where another doesn't. It's pretty much down to how they are encoded, and if the ROM can read the codec info from the file.

So...to wrap up...some movies work, others dont :)

I assume this is with the photos app? Or are people managing to play DIVX with another media player?

Guest karnovaran
I did not include either- going to rebake with Friendstream and will report back. THANKS for your response!!!

Please do. That would narrow down the problem to removing Friendstream. I wasn't sure if Android contacts was causing an issue and didn't bother rebaking different ROMs to find out.