MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest cortez
OMG!!!!!!!!!! HOW DID YOU REMOVE THE CLOCK BACKGROUND?!?!?!!?!?!?!

PLEASE TELL ME THE PROCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, come on... Everybody wants to know...!

i didn't post originally because i thought the instructions would be considered "spam". :) what you see is a homemade Morph theme applied using MetaMorph from the Market. obviously you'll need to have a few photo-shop skills to make the backgrounds transparent, change the font styles (see pic below), font colors, etc. anyway, these are the steps i followed to create the morph:
  1. create the Nandroid backup!
  2. i extracted the HtcClockWidget.apk from my ROM zip file (as a backup). if necessary (e.g., something doesn't work), you could restore using a nand backup or use adb push to copy it back to the /system/app/ folder. i tried the adb push method and everything returned to the stock Widget with no problem.
  3. created a theme template using the instructions & guidance from the How to MetaMorph/Theme. anyone attempting to create a Morph theme should read this tutorial!!!
  4. use the template to add/modify the *.png files i wanted to change. can't recall if there are *9.png files, but if there are some, don't change them. my understanding is you have to use a special tool/process to manage them.
  5. if you want the transparent background - the background png is named clock_add_weather_base.png. i used PaintShopPro to make the clock_add_weather_base.png file 100% transparent. since i didn't want the clock tabs, i added the colon separator (:) to the transparent background and (through trial & error) positioned the colon separator to give it that "clock effect".
  6. if you want transparent white clock tabs - to make the clock tabs invisible, i made the follwoing png files 100% transparent: clock_tab_down_shadow.png, digital_divider.png, flip_clock_divider.png, weather_clock_tab.png, weather_clock_tab_down.png & weather_clock_tab_up.png.
  7. after making the changes, i copied all the png's to the drawable-normal-hdpi folder in the template.
  8. copy the Morph them zip file to the root of your /sdcard
  9. use MetaMorph to apply the theme.
  10. after you apply the theme you'll see the white htc background and the home screen will be recreated/redrawn with the applied changes. if the Clock widget is not present, simply re-added the widget and the changes should appear with the widget
attached are 2 zip files; one for transparent background and the other for transparent White tabs. they work for me and my current device configuration; i'm sure your devices are not configured like mine so it's possible you could get different results. i strongly recommend you use them as theme templates to create your own Morph theme/zip files. also, i'm posting so those who want to do this will have a starting point. please, please understand that i will not be supporting this, but i'll do my best to answer some of your questions.

hope this helps!

HtcClkWidgetMorphTransBackground.zip

HtcClkWidgetMorphTransWhiteClockTabs.zip

post-19638-1269528678_thumb.png

Edited by cortez

Guest ranblv
OMG!!!!!!!!!! HOW DID YOU REMOVE THE CLOCK BACKGROUND?!?!?!!?!?!?!

PLEASE TELL ME THE PROCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, come on... Everybody wants to know...!

I did it with the app "beautiful widgets" ;-)

Guest chunga

FYI: I'm using 1113Mhz kernel on this rom and it's working good, also seems to had good battery life too.

HOW TO:

kernel link : http://iq0.org/story/nexus-one-1113mhz-stable

-=you need fastboot and adb for this=-

in the website choose the last compilation : Updated 3/23

-download these two files:

zImage-cm_2633.1-oc-uv-xtra

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0z0kke

lib.tar.gz

http://www.sendspace.com/file/yt0uko

-extract lib.tar.gz (you'll get a "lib" directory)

-open terminal where you extract "lib" directory and write this on prompt:

adb remount

adb push lib /system/lib	   (exactly as this)

adb reboot bootloader		 ( or enter fastboot mode trackball + power with your phone off)

fastboot flash zimage zImage-cm_2633.1-oc-uv-xtra	 (hit tab to autocomplete)

fastboot reboot

your phone will now boot...

Download setCPU http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=505419

-Open SetCPU and tell it to autodetect your CPU (Don't choose Nexus from the list!)

-Accept the always root dialog

-Set the max clock to the highest , tell it to set on boot and choose Ondemand from the dropdown list.

Don't forget to reinstall the kernel on each update.

Guest JonnyRockets
i didn't post originally because i thought the instructions would be considered "spam". :) what you see is a homemade Morph theme applied using MetaMorph from the Market. obviously you'll need to have a few photo-shop skills to make the backgrounds transparent, change the font styles (see pic below), font colors, etc. anyway, these are the steps i followed to create the morph:
  1. create the Nandroid backup!
  2. i extracted the HtcClockWidget.apk from my ROM zip file (as a backup). if necessary (e.g., something doesn't work), you could restore using a nand backup or use adb push to copy it back to the /system/app/ folder. i tried the adb push method and everything returned to the stock Widget with no problem.
  3. created a theme template using the instructions & guidance from the How to MetaMorph/Theme. anyone attempting to create a Morph theme should read this tutorial!!!
  4. use the template to add/modify the *.png files i wanted to change. can't recall if there are *9.png files, but if there are some, don't change them. my understanding is you have to use a special tool/process to manage them.
  5. if you want the transparent background - the background png is named clock_add_weather_base.png. i used PaintShopPro to make the clock_add_weather_base.png file 100% transparent. since i didn't want the clock tabs, i added the colon separator (:) to the transparent background and (through trial & error) positioned the colon separator to give it that "clock effect".
  6. if you want transparent white clock tabs - to make the clock tabs invisible, i made the follwoing png files 100% transparent: clock_tab_down_shadow.png, digital_divider.png, flip_clock_divider.png, weather_clock_tab.png, weather_clock_tab_down.png & weather_clock_tab_up.png.
  7. after making the changes, i copied all the png's to the drawable-normal-hdpi folder in the template.
  8. copy the Morph them zip file to the root of your /sdcard
  9. use MetaMorph to apply the theme.
  10. after you apply the theme you'll see the white htc background and the home screen will be recreated/redrawn with the applied changes. if the Clock widget is not present, simply re-added the widget and the changes should appear with the widget
attached are 2 zip files; one for transparent background and the other for transparent White tabs. they work for me and my current device configuration; i'm sure your devices are not configured like mine so it's possible you could get different results. i strongly recommend you use them as theme templates to create your own Morph theme/zip files. also, i'm posting so those who want to do this will have a starting point. please, please understand that i will not be supporting this, but i'll do my best to answer some of your questions.

hope this helps!

skinnedsense.png

Holy SH~! that looks f-ing amazing.

Everything just blends into the background. Wtf!!

- Is that the Android News widget with the background removed too??

- Do you think it's possible to make the bottom buttons (Phone etc) transparent as well??

WOW I have a lot of skinning to do this weekend!!!

Edited by JonnyRockets

Guest GodDriven

Hey Guys..

Quick addition to those who might have a droid.. know a friend.. whichever...

I guess you could say the time has come.. It has rounded itself around..

The DROID is now featured in the kitchen.. Yup.. Not only that, Cyanogen and Koush are the Chef's..

Wow, And we thought this couldn't get better..

http://android.modaco.com/content/motorola...n/#entry1227342

Guest cortez
I did it with the app "beautiful widgets" ;-)
yes, that's certainly another viable option; keeps it simple if you prefer the quick method. :) the theme option requires a little more effort to "make it mine"/customize the HtcClockWidget and also preserves the native clock funtionality (e.g., accessing the native desk clock or weather). ;)

Holy SH~! that looks f-ing amazing.

Everything just blends into the background. Wtf!!

- Is that the Android News widget with the background removed too??

- Do you think it's possible to make the bottom buttons (Phone etc) transparent as well??

WOW I have a lot of skinning to do this weekend!!!

that's the Stock Android news widget with a transparent skin i picked up at Xda. i'd like to skin the bottom buttons, but i have a feeling that won't be as easy, lol.

Guest balashov
Alpha 19
  • New su and Superuser APK
  • Important update to dalvik-cache to /cache
  • RIL update

Hi, Paul. I have some difficulties with A19

1. with su - ddms does not show any files at all, and /framework seems to be locked.

2. with video playback - got white screen instead of video very often.

However, I do like A19 - can the above be cured anyhow? Am i doing smth wrong, mate?

post-26258-1269536280_thumb.png

Guest Aakaash Jois
Hi, Paul. I have some difficulties with A19

1. with su - ddms does not show any files at all, and /framework seems to be locked.

2. with video playback - got white screen instead of video very often.

However, I do like A19 - can the above be cured anyhow? Am i doing smth wrong, mate?

The video goes white for me too. It becomes proper when I go back to home screen and then come back to the video player by holding the home button and switching to it.

Guest JeffSmith215

Paul / anyone

Apologies if this is slightly off topic but I have an app I am working on that calls the Camera class and punts the output to a new Intent. Code works fine in the emulator but force closes on the N1 (A19)

I am guessing this is because of the camera hack in A19 (and the same reason the cam force closes in Gallery3d) but wanted to check in to make sure this sounds logical before debugging to much further (certainly not going back to stock just to check - A19 is just tooooo good!!)

Anyone got any thoughts?

Guest shantzg001
Paul / anyone

Apologies if this is slightly off topic but I have an app I am working on that calls the Camera class and punts the output to a new Intent. Code works fine in the emulator but force closes on the N1 (A19)

I am guessing this is because of the camera hack in A19 (and the same reason the cam force closes in Gallery3d) but wanted to check in to make sure this sounds logical before debugging to much further (certainly not going back to stock just to check - A19 is just tooooo good!!)

Anyone got any thoughts?

Are you facing the force close during Camera.open itself? I find the same issue on my N1 stock rom.

Guest JeffSmith215
Are you facing the force close during Camera.open itself? I find the same issue on my N1 stock rom.

yep. As soon as the Surface object holding the preview triggers (in this case with either a Camera.open(); or a startPreview() it force closes on the device, but not on the emulator..... I was assuming it was the ROM but need to re-examine if you are having the issue on stock also...

cheers

Guest Kantankerousmind
FYI: I'm using 1113Mhz kernel on this rom and it's working good, also seems to had good battery life too.

HOW TO:

lib.tar.gz

adb remount

adb reboot bootloader		 ( or enter fastboot mode trackball + power with your phone off)

fastboot reboot

-Open SetCPU and tell it to autodetect your CPU (Don't choose Nexus from the list!)

-Set the max clock to the highest , tell it to set on boot and choose Ondemand from the dropdown list.

has anyone tried this.

Guest deanesn

HOW TO:

lib.tar.gz

adb remount

fastboot reboot

Chunga you said to push the whole lib folder but I see there is the cyanogenmod kernal? Is this kernal going to work with the desire a19 rom. currently i have the teknologist 0.7 kernal on mine. I am asking because I think im about tired of reloading (7 times) my phone today. lol Can I just push the bcm4329.ko file with the cyanogenmod kernal?

Guest chunga
Chunga you said to push the whole lib folder but I see there is the cyanogenmod kernal? Is this kernal going to work with the desire a19 rom. currently i have the teknologist 0.7 kernal on mine. I am asking because I think im about tired of reloading (7 times) my phone today. lol Can I just push the bcm4329.ko file with the cyanogenmod kernal?

If anything goes wrong just flash 19 zip from recovery without wipping

Guest mudrock1000

I have a few bugs to add to it. I am unable to recieve picture mail apparently from the ROM (It has to be the rom when i flashed back to cyanogens for a while it worked), and my timestamps after texting past midnight are messed up. These are both very important features to me and I really need them fixed.

Great work though :)

Guest muncheese
I LOST MY MOTHER FREAKIN DATA CONNECTION!!!!!!!!!! HOW DO I FIX THIS!! It's URGENT!! I'm on TMobile. :)

Did you check under you bed?

Where were you the last time you had it with you?

You sure you didn't let someone borrow it perhaps?

Guest lp1527

Lost partial root (if that make any sense...)

I have root access for most everything but when I try to reboot from terminal I get "not permitted"

I was always able to do this in CM roms....

Any thoughts?

Guest LilRedzMD

Strangley enough this version of the ROM has been out for 2 days and outta all the Alphas Ive used (Since A8) this is the least stable. When I try to go to my text message app and type in the persons name it pulls it up with no phone number stored. Also when I have tried to replace or add persons number in the Contacts it either deletes the number and/or refuses to save the number. Also I have noticed that when you first boot the phone it takes about 1-2 minutes before data connections are made, much slower then the ROM's before A12. Paul these features were flawless b4 and now they have when str8 to dust?? Update soon pleaze I beg of you....

Guest skydart
Did you check under you bed?

Where were you the last time you had it with you?

You sure you didn't let someone borrow it perhaps?

I'm sorry, miguimike, but you were almost asking for that response ;-) This issue has been addressed numerous times, since page 165 or thereabouts. Just do a simple search, and you will easily find the T-mobile APN settings. We've addressed this issue to death, and it would appear that you didn't search for an answer to this issue at all.

Guest cortez
Strangley enough this version of the ROM has been out for 2 days and outta all the Alphas Ive used (Since A8) this is the least stable. When I try to go to my text message app and type in the persons name it pulls it up with no phone number stored. Also when I have tried to replace or add persons number in the Contacts it either deletes the number and/or refuses to save the number. Also I have noticed that when you first boot the phone it takes about 1-2 minutes before data connections are made, much slower then the ROM's before A12. Paul these features were flawless b4 and now they have when str8 to dust?? Update soon pleaze I beg of you....
i can't offer any suggestions to solve your problems, but i haven't had any issues with Contacts as you describe it. are you using GMail contacts? are you merging your phone contacts with Facebook contacts and perhaps that's causing the issue? i ask because your post didn't mention the type/source of contacts you have on the phone. if you include this info, maybe i or someone else can assist you resolving the problem.

conversely, i'm too am seeing a delay with the data connection on first boot. as a test, i installed Cyan's 5.0.5.2 release to see if the data connection issue went away and, in my case, the connection delay was still present (i know there are newer releases, just haven't had time to test). i plan to roll all the way back to stock this weekend to see if that resolves the connection issue. if i were in your situation, i'd consider rolling back to a previous version (or different ROM) until the issues are resolved.

Edited by cortez