MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Victor Bello
If the R21 you bake doesn't work out, here's a link for the baked ROM (A19) I'm currently using.

alpha19-update-modacocustomrom-nexusone-desire-kitchen-signed-MD5-80ff3d8795c40b4f1ab219fe9dd2844c.zip

Thanks!

I'm downloading now, I actually baked the one just like yours and nothing, I'm starting to think it has something to do with rooting, there's an app in there that's called "Special Permissions", or something like that, that when I open it it doesn't show any information at all, I don't know if that's just how it is or what, but I'm starting to loose my mind, I'll give your ROM a try and hopefully it will work. If not, I'll stick to the cyanogenmod for now.

Once again. Thanks a lot!

Guest argylesocks
Does anybody know how to pair the n1 to the official desktop dock with the desire rom?

"pair" it?? just put it in, and it works great.

Make sure you read thru the options when you bake your ROM, so you add the "Desk Clock" (and don't include the World Clock"

(sorry, don't know how the non-kitchen version works....)

now, the real question is how is this going to work with the Car Dock?? (it uses bluetooth to connect to the speakerphone). Mine is on the way & will be here on Friday.

Guest Victor Bello
If the R21 you bake doesn't work out, here's a link for the baked ROM (A19) I'm currently using.

alpha19-update-modacocustomrom-nexusone-desire-kitchen-signed-MD5-80ff3d8795c40b4f1ab219fe9dd2844c.zip

OK, this is nuts, I have downloaded your ROM, put it on the SD card, and when I tried to go flash it, it's not there, the other 5 are, is there a limit to what Amon-RA can show? Should I delete the other crappy ones?

Thanks,

VB

Guest haukvik
"pair" it?? just put it in, and it works great.

Make sure you read thru the options when you bake your ROM, so you add the "Desk Clock" (and don't include the World Clock"

(sorry, don't know how the non-kitchen version works....)

now, the real question is how is this going to work with the Car Dock?? (it uses bluetooth to connect to the speakerphone). Mine is on the way & will be here on Friday.

oh...maybe that's the problem;) however i have installed the "Desk Clock" app manally and it works fine (music option doesn't work though) and as soon as i put the phone in the dock it launches. However it doesn't do the automatic bluetooth pairing it did before I flashed the new ROM... any ideas how to make it do so?

Guest Qiuness

qq: sometimes when i plug in my phone on A21 the little led on top does not light up to show the charging but the phone is charging alright.

Not a big inconvenience but maybe someone knows a fix

Guest tropmonky
Here's a short answer to your question from Paul (Post #4823).

Yeah, the whole ROM scene (not just MoDaCo) seems to have slowed up in April so far.... I really hope some stable fully functioning Sense UI ROMs start popping up soon (Read: working Bluetooth). I'm starting to get skeptical though. It seems like the kernel and Sense UI are so intertwined that it might not been extremely possible to get such a thing without months and months of work. By then I may jump off the N1 bandwagon for a EVO, lol.. BUT that all depends on what trouchscreen the EVO has. I'm sure things will pick back up when Paul gets back around April 20th and I'll be back to flashing and testing. For now I'm glad I have a N1 that is way better than stock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know what touchscreen the EVO is going to have? I'm eagerly trying to find out!

Edited by tropmonky

Guest warloser2000

Does anyone know how to disable the keyboard suggestions? The problem I'm encountering is that it will autocomplete any preexisting entry. For instance, when I enter google.com and press enter, it autofills the url with any google.com related search that I've already visited. Its quite annoying.

Guest houstonblaney1
OK, this is nuts, I have downloaded your ROM, put it on the SD card, and when I tried to go flash it, it's not there, the other 5 are, is there a limit to what Amon-RA can show? Should I delete the other crappy ones?

Thanks,

VB

That could be the issue. I typically only have 2-3 different ZIPs for flashing on my SD card at any given time.

Just out of curiosity, did you download the ROM using your phone's browser? If you did, it will be in the "download" folder of your SD card.

Guest houstonblaney1
Does anyone know what touchscreen the EVO is going to have? I'm eagerly trying to find out!

I personally have no idea what the EVO is made of, but by the looks of it, it probably has the same screen as the HD2 (4.3" screen). Just my guess, and it's definitely not concrete.

Guest houstonblaney1
I'm having a GPS problem on A19. Google Maps works fine, but my GPS can't locate me. I get rough location from the network towers, but my GPS can't pick me up.

Is there a quick-fix I can do for this?

Thanks!

Try flashing a different radio. Make sure your power's plugged in, and if you're unsure of flashing a radio, read up/search for information on how to flash a radio. A screwup here can potentially leave you with the proverbial "expensive paperweight." You likely have the stock radio (32.24.00.22U_4.03.00.21_2). Try flashing 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2. I just flashed via recovery and noticed that my GPS even works inside my house. You can get the radio here:

22/Mar ERD79 -> EPE76 - Stock ROM for Nexus One images / zip / online kitchen (optional root / insecure / himem)

I should note that I just switched to CyanogenMod 5.0.5.3 via the online kitchen and my GPS was still not working (I had the same issues as you when I was running A19 this morning). Apparently the ROMs weren't playing nice with my GPS/stock radio, so a quick flash of the 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2 radio resulted in my GPS working again.

Edited by houstonblaney1

Guest war eagle

The news widget on the front page used to work when I was on r21. Now that im on 19 its not working. There are only like 3 categories to add from. I tried to add ESPN's RSS but it didnt work.

Guest houstonblaney1
The news widget on the front page used to work when I was on r21. Now that im on 19 its not working. There are only like 3 categories to add from. I tried to add ESPN's RSS but it didnt work.

I'm pretty sure it's not just you/your phone. The HTC News widget never worked for me either. I got fed up with trying so I just baked a ROM without it.

Guest Victor Bello
That could be the issue. I typically only have 2-3 different ZIPs for flashing on my SD card at any given time.

Just out of curiosity, did you download the ROM using your phone's browser? If you did, it will be in the "download" folder of your SD card.

I downloaded it from my PC, checked the MD5 (OK), put it on the root of the SD card, deleted the other roms from the root and still not coming up. Any other ideas?

Guest war eagle
I'm pretty sure it's not just you/your phone. The HTC News widget never worked for me either. I got fed up with trying so I just baked a ROM without it.

Is there an app I can get to display RSS feeds on my homescreen like the htc news?

Guest houstonblaney1
I downloaded it from my PC, checked the MD5 (OK), put it on the root of the SD card, deleted the other roms from the root and still not coming up. Any other ideas?

I have no idea. Never had that problem. You can bake the same A19 ROM here. If it still doesn't show up, might have to reformat your SD card. Don't know if that'll fix your issue, but a reformat always seems to do wonders. I'd try baking a new ROM first though. Here's the original post with what I baked into my ROM.

What/which recovery image are you using? I'm using Amon_RA's (RA-nexus-v1.7.0).

Edited by houstonblaney1

Guest houstonblaney1
Is there an app I can get to display RSS feeds on my homescreen like the htc news?

I personally use Google Reader for all my RSS needs. I just have a shortcut to the bookmark on my homescreen.

If you want a widget, there are a few in the market:

RSS WidgetBoards (Free)

AnyRSS reader widget (€0.99)

BlueRSS (Free)

I haven't used any of these (as per the reason above). There are a lot more out there. Likely some trial and error in your immediate future.

Guest war eagle

Another question.. I just cooked up a new ROM and im gonna do a complete wipe... is there anyway to backup my text (sms) messages?

Guest joelee
Another question.. I just cooked up a new ROM and im gonna do a complete wipe... is there anyway to backup my text (sms) messages?

Use WaveSecure.

Guest richhee

can someone please help me i have a nexus one i already rooted it but i am a newbie i added CyanogenMod-5 rom now im trying to do desire rom but everytime i try it says flash aborted cant flash boot please can someone help me

Guest Victor Bello
can someone please help me i have a nexus one i already rooted it but i am a newbie i added CyanogenMod-5 rom now im trying to do desire rom but everytime i try it says flash aborted cant flash boot please can someone help me

Did you do a Wipe data/factory reset from Amon-RA before you tried to flash?