MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest rnmedic1839
I will love to know the same, its driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!!

Hang in there read the next posts Start playing with the BT, I have my Desktop and my Jabra connected LOL this is great!

Guest fuzio1963
Bluetooth it's not pairing my Bluetooth headset, I've tried multiple times and it will not connect, any trick to make it work ?, I know the log says "unreliable Bluetooth", but unreliable means works sometimes at least, thanks

How did you manage to PAIRED the Bluetooth devices, I've been trying with more than one Bluetooth Headset and it does not connect, it keep looking for the device, please any advice is welcome, thanks

I will love to know the same, its driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!!

Here is what i did to connect my Jawbone............it takes some time but at least it would work after all. When my phone doing search for devices, i keep pressing (like every 5 seconds) that "discoverable" thingy. Finally, after few presses, it would find my BT device. Then, i did the same to pair, and again, to connect. I know it sounds stupid and all, but at least i can use my Jawbone with this rom. ;)

And remember to be patient.........sometimes it took me like 5-6 tries, and sometimes 50! ;)

Edited by fuzio1963

I'm running the A2SD version but it's not putting apps on the SD.... is there an additional command I need to run? I have the 3 standard partitions.

Guest brosenz
Here is what i did to connect my Jawbone............it takes some time but at least it would work after all. When my phone doing search for devices, i keep pressing (like every 5 seconds) that "discoverable" thingy. Finally, after few presses, it would find my BT device. Then, i did the same to pair, and again, to connect. I know it sounds stupid and all, but at least i can use my Jawbone with this rom. ;)

And remember to be patient.........sometimes it took me like 5-6 tries, and sometimes 50! ;)

I was able to connect the headset and use it for one test call, then it will not connect again

The Battery Icon on the LCD top right will change to ""charging mode", but no charging LED

Again, charging LED works just fine for me and has worked fine on every Desire release I've used back to 16.

Guest tim.embedded

My friend is using r21 and is able to pair with his bluetooth device by using the 'Quick Settings' downloaded from Market.

Guest rnmedic1839
The Battery Icon on the LCD top right will change to ""charging mode", but no charging LED

Works fine on mine too, it took a little while to come on though, I also downloaded a task killer and CPU manager as I did notice the battery usage with sense is increased.

Guest rnmedic1839
My friend is using r21 and is able to pair with his bluetooth device by using the 'Quick Settings' downloaded from Market.

Looks like a good tool

Guest kpanic
[DOWNLOAD OFFLINE, FIXING INSTALL ISSUE]

Did anyone else have an issue signing in to their google accounts? When going to the Market, you are asked for your google account details.. mine keeps failing saying it cannot establish a reliable connection with the server. All other internet connectivity works.. was able to surf, setup the mail account... etc...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

~K

Guest elan85

Just wanna highlight some other minor bugs

1. The HTC's News RSS widget crashes frequently. Also, the RSS is not updating properly. (eg. It only shows Seth Godin's March posts and missed out April's post)

2. Can't Twit in Friend's Stream (Facebook is working fine though)

3. The 4 softbutton backlight does not lit consistently (on and off)

4. White screen when playing video with full screen

5. Orientation switch is slower when rotating phone compared with other alpha release. In some instances, it doesn't rotate at all (eg. when keying in APN details)

I still like HTC Sense, but it is kinda frustrating with these small bugs at the same time since there isn't any apps out there which offer the same experience as Friend's Stream and HTC News RSS widget

Guest brosenz

I am using Modoco r21 with my Nexus One, last night I left the phone in Airplane Mode with a fully charged battery and today in the morning it was less than 50%, with CM 5.0.5.3 usually would be 85% to 90%, meaning during the night only 15% to 20% of the battery will be used, then I check battery use and it's mainly Android System, is there any process that might be consuming a lot of CPU ?, thanks

I am using Modoco r21 with my Nexus One, last night I left the phone in Airplane Mode with a fully charged battery and today in the morning it was less than 50%, with CM 5.0.5.3 usually would be 85% to 90%, meaning during the night only 15% to 20% of the battery will be used, then I check battery use and it's mainly Android System, is there any process that might be consuming a lot of CPU ?, thanks

Not much you can do about it. This alpha is eating battery like crazy ;)

Guest Desperate Developer

Another minor bug :

I installed r21 to my nexus one. I use phone with mobile internet disabled. When needed, I manually enable mobile internet.

When mobile internet disabled, if I open a application which uses intenet access ( e.g. GPS Status app with google ads ), mobile internet enabled automatically and I cannot disable from menu or htc widget. I have to reboot device.

Edited by Desperate Developer

Guest wupertul

can u watch facebook videos? is there a solution? it said that with this rom 10.1 flash supported but I can not watch videos on facebook or any video site, I can watch these with n900 which support flash 9. thanks

Guest thedonut
Not much you can do about it. This alpha is eating battery like crazy ;)

I'm using R21 with a combination of the apps "SetCPU" (to underclock things when not needed and spike up when needed) and "AutoKiller" with aggressive background task killing. The combination gives me an average of 13 hours and 2 minutes battery time (measured and averaged with the app "Battery Left") under normal use (texting, a few games, web browsing, email). That's good enough for me! Before I installed & tweaked these two apps, I was getting half that if I was lucky!

Guest houstonblaney1
Just wanna highlight some other minor bugs

1. The HTC's News RSS widget crashes frequently. Also, the RSS is not updating properly. (eg. It only shows Seth Godin's March posts and missed out April's post)

2. Can't Twit in Friend's Stream (Facebook is working fine though)

3. The 4 softbutton backlight does not lit consistently (on and off)

4. White screen when playing video with full screen

5. Orientation switch is slower when rotating phone compared with other alpha release. In some instances, it doesn't rotate at all (eg. when keying in APN details)

I still like HTC Sense, but it is kinda frustrating with these small bugs at the same time since there isn't any apps out there which offer the same experience as Friend's Stream and HTC News RSS widget

It's an Alpha release dude. As the changelog states, there are "known issues". Not to mention that, again, this is an Alpha release ("Yeah, this isn't even Beta. There's a good chance you won't want to use this as your main ROM..." --Paul). Paul's work with the Desire ROM has been nothing short of fantastic, but let's be realistic here by not expecting full functionality out of something that is admittedly a work-in-progress. I've used several incarnations of the Desire ROM (back from the single-digit Alphas) and it has gotten better (for the most part with every update). And yes, battery life is not the greatest with Ar21. It also takes up quite a chunk of ROM ("Rebased on a new leak... AGAIN!" --Paul). Ar22/future releases will surely be better.

I'm personally partial to A19 as it has had the fewest issues in my own humble opinion. I don't need HTC's News widget (I use Google Reader), nor do I need Peep or any other type of Twitter functionality (I don't use Twitter). Other than that, it was pretty stable for an Alpha. That being said, I typically switch back-and-forth between CyanogenMod and Paul's Desire ROM whenever there is a new release. The CyanogenMod is my day-to-day ROM, but in reality, I'm partial to the Sense UI. If you go in not expecting a finished product, you'll be happier with what you've got in your hands.

Guest Victor Bello
Not quite yet. The issue lies with the Desire Kernel at the moment as I understand (same with FM Radio and several other things). Be patient, I m sure its just a matter of time. Considered the whole sets of mumbles are not sorted in Desire itself yet (custom ROM, custom Recovery Image and etc), the Desire ROM on Nexus 1 is more customizable than Desire iteself.

OK, quick comment on the Bluetooth subject, what's the problem with it? I have a Nexus One with Desire Rom r21 on it and the bluetooth works fine with my Motorola T50 car device. Is it only working for me???

Guest vkazak
It's an Alpha release dude. As the changelog states, there are "known issues". Not to mention that, again, this is an Alpha release ("Yeah, this isn't even Beta. There's a good chance you won't want to use this as your main ROM..." --Paul). Paul's work with the Desire ROM has been nothing short of fantastic, but let's be realistic here by not expecting full functionality out of something that is admittedly a work-in-progress. I've used several incarnations of the Desire ROM (back from the single-digit Alphas) and it has gotten better (for the most part with every update). And yes, battery life is not the greatest with Ar21. It also takes up quite a chunk of ROM ("Rebased on a new leak... AGAIN!" --Paul). Ar22/future releases will surely be better.

I'm personally partial to A19 as it has had the fewest issues in my own humble opinion. I don't need HTC's News widget (I use Google Reader), nor do I need Peep or any other type of Twitter functionality (I don't use Twitter). Other than that, it was pretty stable for an Alpha. That being said, I typically switch back-and-forth between CyanogenMod and Paul's Desire ROM whenever there is a new release. The CyanogenMod is my day-to-day ROM, but in reality, I'm partial to the Sense UI. If you go in not expecting a finished product, you'll be happier with what you've got in your hands.

Hello there.... I am using A19 with 24 radio and have great battery life... ( 2 + days with light emailing and moderate calls )

Guest wupertul
can u watch facebook videos? is there a solution? it said that with this rom 10.1 flash supported but I can not watch videos on facebook or any video site, I can watch these with n900 which support flash 9. thanks

come on where did u guys watching movies or new episodes of series?

Edited by wupertul

Guest houstonblaney1
Hello there.... I am using A19 with 24 radio and have great battery life... ( 2 + days with light emailing and moderate calls )

As I said, "I'm personally partial to A19 as it has had the fewest issues in my own humble opinion." I'm certainly not the first to indicate a preference for A19. Many here have reverted back to A19 from Ar21. And yes, I agree. A19 has fantastic battery life. With SetCPU profiles, I was getting about 36 hours with wifi on and moderate calling.

Guest skydart
As I said, "I'm personally partial to A19 as it has had the fewest issues in my own humble opinion." I'm certainly not the first to indicate a preference for A19. Many here have reverted back to A19 from Ar21. And yes, I agree. A19 has fantastic battery life. With SetCPU profiles, I was getting about 36 hours with wifi on and moderate calling.

Wow! 36 hours is impressive! You had Wi-Fi turned on the entire time? I'm REALLY looking forward to coming back to this ROM when either r22 comes out. Does anybody know where Paul is vacationing? Perhaps we should stop in and see how his vacation is going ;-) [just kidding, I know he well deserves the vacation].