MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest kkempe
Hey,

I downloaded the r21, extracted it and I added few iPhone ringtones. Now how do I compress it to make it a working ROM?

That won't work. You have to recompile the whole rom. I suggest an easier way. Subscribe for e AdFree or Plus membership. Than you can cook your own rom and add additional files before you bake it. Feature described here: http://android.modaco.com/content/general-...om-ingredients/

Guest Sabiwa

UPDATE on Paul@twitter:

Paul O'Brien Load user information

Oops, kitchen server chewed through all it's disk space. Fixed! Still no flight home, hopefully home for the weekend...

Guest houstonblaney1
Hey,

I downloaded the r21, extracted it and I added few iPhone ringtones. Now how do I compress it to make it a working ROM?

kkempe is correct. You have to recompile. Another way to deal with adding your iPhone ringtones to your Nexus One is to just put them on your SD card. I'm assuming your phone is rooted, so just get a file explorer like Root Explorer (I think it's $0.99) or Android Mate (free) that allows root access. Just copy the ringtones from your SD card over to \system\media\audio\ringtones. I moved a few sounds from stock Android 2.1 over to the Desire ROM using this method. Takes just a few seconds. Simple copy and paste.

Guest houstonblaney1
LoL.. You are one OPTIMISTIC individual.. ;)

From what you've said, as well as what I've read on the interwebs, the X10 is apparently a floppy piece of crap. I personally don't have an opinion because I gave up on Sony Ericsson about 4 years ago. They come out with sweet phones, but they're always 6-12 months late so that when they do come out, they're out of date.

Considering the X10 is running Android 1.6 while all the new high-end phones are running Android 2.1, this is proof once again that Sony Ericsson is continually behind the times. Not quite sure I want the X10's archaic 1.6 running on my Nexus One. I like it too much to downgrade.

Edited by houstonblaney1

Guest Aakaash Jois
kkempe is correct. You have to recompile. Another way to deal with adding your iPhone ringtones to your Nexus One is to just put them on your SD card. I'm assuming your phone is rooted, so just get a file explorer like Root Explorer (I think it's $0.99) or Android Mate (free) that allows root access. Just copy the ringtones from your SD card over to \system\media\audio\ringtones. I moved a few sounds from stock Android 2.1 over to the Desire ROM using this method. Takes just a few seconds. Simple copy and paste.

Where did u get the stock ones? I really want them... Can I download them from somewhere?

Guest Graphreak
Hey,

Another simple (slightly longer process to setup perhaps) solution is to use a utility like Android Commander on your PC which,

in the long run would also be useful to install apps/pull-delete unwanted ones too.

Guest danieladam

I just flash the this rom, but it' seems can't login the google account, but I can online via the bowser / facebook app, even the e-mail also work, it's only the add the google account on the setting, after I type the user name and PW, wait few min for the connention screen, then show "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server", I had try to use Wi-Fi and 3G network also like this. How can I fix this?

Thanks

Guest k3vink3vin
Nope. The "flip clock" clock widget is how it is. I'm pretty sure every clock, despite the look, takes up a 4x2 space. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'm pretty sure that's the case.

As an alternative, Beautiful Widget has a 4x1 clock + weather widget. However AFAIK it is a paid app.

http://www.androlib.com/android.applicatio...dgets-jtDA.aspx

Edited by k3vink3vin

Guest muncheese
Where did u get the stock ones? I really want them... Can I download them from somewhere?

From the stock roms floating around. Just look in the system/media/audio/ringtones/ directory.

Guest manny500
When Paul will get a hand on the Desire Kernel he will implement 100% working BT, but when this kernel will be available...God knows!

hello,

sorry for the noob question but what are dependencies between the desire rom and the desire kernel ?

why can't we use a 'normal' kernel with the desire rom ?

Guest houstonblaney1
As an alternative, Beautiful Widget has a 4x1 clock + weather widget. However AFAIK it is a paid app.

http://www.androlib.com/android.applicatio...dgets-jtDA.aspx

Don't know about you, but Beautiful Widgets doesn't work on my Nexus One. Curiosity led me to install Beautiful Widgets after I flashed the Desire ROM and despite the widgets showing up in the "widgets list", none of them worked. Maybe it was just me, with my phone, on that day that everything decided to not work. Does Beautiful Widgets work on your Desire-flashed N1?

Guest Sylar2010

I never tried Beautiful Widget with Desire Rom but with Enomther Rom it works like a charm, but still it doesnt have the full screen weather animation...

Guest anfalas
Don't know about you, but Beautiful Widgets doesn't work on my Nexus One. Curiosity led me to install Beautiful Widgets after I flashed the Desire ROM and despite the widgets showing up in the "widgets list", none of them worked. Maybe it was just me, with my phone, on that day that everything decided to not work. Does Beautiful Widgets work on your Desire-flashed N1?

BW works fine on my A21 rom - altho personally I prefer weather & toggle widget if your looking for an HTC lookalike ;)

Guest stepinmyworld

Hi Everyone:

I noticed that on one of the sense alpha updates that friend stream for face book allowed you to look at pictures, comment on updates etc inside the actual application but in alpha 21 when you click on pictures, it takes you to the mobile face book site. that is very annoying. can someone explain the reasoning as to why?

I would really appreciate it ;)

Guest ivopjr

Is P. Back!?! ;)

Just checking the new comments. How are you guys doing?!

I wish I had more knowledge to help everybody... but I am new on all this... ;)

I installed BW on my N1 and it works fine, but as someone said before, I don't see the full screen animations either.

Guest k2bk2bk2b

Quick question here.

Beside's intersec's uv, any others have tried something else? I'm really missing sense ui....

and appreantly i cant get on it since i swaped to amon 1.7?