MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest rnmedic1839

So far its been a week with the Phone ROM a21 Tethering works great both wireless and wired. No problems. It would be nice to get that final kernal but I guess I will wait for it No plans of going back, But I am waiting for the incredible to come out in the states at the end of the month. So I will probably sell the N1 maybe but who knows.

Guest kinjs
I just flash the this rom, but it' seems can't login the google account, but I can online via the bowser / facebook app, even the e-mail also work, it's only the add the google account on the setting, after I type the user name and PW, wait few min for the connention screen, then show "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server", I had try to use Wi-Fi and 3G network also like this. How can I fix this?

Thanks

I got this problem before

Just use wifi instead of HSPA then you should be able to connect it

after that you can use HSPA to access gmail or other google service,no need wifi

Guest GodDriven

:D Just a NOTE "I" was one of the FEW who got the Incredible (Bravo), Incredibly early... :o

Yeah, sure.. This was not a mistake by BIG RED, it's intentional, 2-300 yesterday, and number is rising.. They want word on the streets.. :P

Well, they sure as HELL have mine.. :blink:

See ya soon... Get it tomorrow, By Noon.. The latest.. :huh:

Edited by GodDriven

Guest TinyEri01
:D Just a NOTE "I" was one of the FEW who got the Incredible (Bravo), Incredibly early... :o

Yeah, sure.. This was not a mistake by BIG RED, it's intentional, 2-300 yesterday, and number is rising.. They want word on the streets.. :P

Well, they sure as HELL have mine.. :blink:

See ya soon... Get it tomorrow, By Noon.. The latest.. :huh:

I expect a full review as soon as you can. I'm wondering if the Incredible ROM might be easier for Paul to mod over to the N1 than the Desire. Still holding out hope for the rumors about the Incredible on T-MOBILE.

Guest GodDriven
I expect a full review as soon as you can. I'm wondering if the Incredible ROM might be easier for Paul to mod over to the N1 than the Desire. Still holding out hope for the rumors about the Incredible on T-MOBILE.

Yes.. The Incredible for T-Mo I heard is in announcement. . I dunno about the stabilty of cdma and gsm.. Unless he has that "mastered" by now and drilled down to communications.. Which is all you need to boil down.. But.. on the review.. I will give all the details I can.. I promise..

Oh BTW.. it has A2DP by default.. So your car audio (bluetooth) can transmit map directions, calls, incoming call/text names/message (Drivesafe.ly-Free on Market) or Speech Alert is awesome too.. Also, music (if vehicle or device is ready).. Oh this is nice.. I just can't wait, I think I am gonna need a "Happy Pill" for a good nights rest.. :P Of course.. Unlike the N1, HTC Sync is Enabled for Music and etc on Mac/PC.. HTc, Those Bastards.. LoL.. :huh:

Edited by GodDriven

Guest rnmedic1839
Yes.. The Incredible for T-Mo I heard is in announcement. . I dunno about the stabilty of cdma and gsm.. Unless he has that "mastered" by now and drilled down to communications.. Which is all you need to boil down.. But.. on the review.. I will give all the details I can.. I promise..

Oh BTW.. it has A2DP by default.. So your car audio (bluetooth) can transmit map directions, calls, incoming call/text names/message (Drivesafe.ly-Free on Market) or Speech Alert is awesome too.. Also, music (if vehicle or device is ready).. Oh this is nice.. I just can't wait, I think I am gonna need a "Happy Pill" for a good nights rest.. :P Of course.. Unlike the N1, HTC Sync is Enabled for Music and etc on Mac/PC.. HTc, Those Bastards.. LoL.. :huh:

CNET Gave The Incredible The Editors Choice award !!

Edited by rnmedic1839

Guest Season_Bay
When is paul coming back?? I thought he was suppose to be back on the 20 th

Yes i am too wishing that he at least leaves a message here somewhere to let us know that he is back :huh:

Guest GodDriven
Yes i am too wishing that he at least leaves a message here somewhere to let us know that he is back :P

twitter confirmed..

Flight tom.. back Sat.. (God Willing)

There ya go.. Guys.. :huh:

Finally... flight home confirmed for tomorrow, back in blighty Saturday! :-) about 7 hours ago via Seesmic

Edited by GodDriven

Guest crimz

Hi all. Excited to have become a premium member on Modaco.. you do some great stuff here Paul, thanks a bunch :-) I was wondering if anyone can help me with this problem i'm having when i try to install a cooked version of the r21 Desire ROM on my N1. Everything installs great but for some reason, my Browser always force closes when i try to run it, along with any related app it seems. Facebook, flikr.. etc all force close :huh:

Any help on the matter is most appreciated. Thanks

++hmm seems like when i install the free one it goes fine, but when i install the cooked one i get the falling Android out of a box >< i is lost lol

Edited by crimz

Guest zedpwkc
Hi Everyone:

I noticed that on one of the sense alpha updates that friend stream for face book allowed you to look at pictures, comment on updates etc inside the actual application but in alpha 21 when you click on pictures, it takes you to the mobile face book site. that is very annoying. can someone explain the reasoning as to why?

I would really appreciate it :huh:

Yes, agreed. For this I've fallback to A19. And I noticed that the response time for A19 is much better than A21

Guest iainjohnmorrison

Hi everyone,

I've been looking for a few hours now and I can't find a solution to my problem...

I rooted my Nexus One using this method: http://forum.androidcentral.com/google-nex...-nexus-one.html

and then Flashed R14 of the Desire port. I love it. But the GPS hasn't worked since.

What did I screw and is there a fix?

Yours vaguely,

Iain

Edited by iainjohnmorrison

Guest stepinmyworld

anyone can help with the answer to this?

Hi Everyone:

I noticed that on one of the sense alpha updates that friend stream for face book allowed you to look at pictures, comment on updates etc inside the actual application but in alpha 21 when you click on pictures, it takes you to the mobile face book site. that is very annoying. can someone explain the reasoning as to why?

I would really appreciate it smile.gif

hello,

sorry for the noob question but what are dependencies between the desire rom and the desire kernel ?

why can't we use a 'normal' kernel with the desire rom ?

HTC made a lot of custom changes to the kernel in the Desire ROM, and a lot of the software depends on those customizations - bluetooth and camera, to name two. Most possibly the FM Radio, too.

So until Paul can get the kernel sources or somehow figure out all the changes by himself (easier to get the sources lol), then a few things will remain unfixed.

sns

Guest houstonblaney1
Hi everyone,

I've been looking for a few hours now and I can't find a solution to my problem...

I rooted my Nexus One using this method: http://forum.androidcentral.com/google-nex...-nexus-one.html

and then Flashed R14 of the Desire port. I love it. But the GPS hasn't worked since.

What did I screw and is there a fix?

Yours vaguely,

Iain

You apparently didn't use the search function at the bottom of the page. Here's a tutorial on the search function.

Search for "GPS" and you'll find an answer.

Edited by houstonblaney1

Guest Robert Basil
Yes, agreed. For this I've fallback to A19. And I noticed that the response time for A19 is much better than A21

I am running a21 now, if I install a19 will I have to wipe? I'd rather not have to set everything back up.

Thanks!

Guest Robert Basil
I am running a21 now, if I install a19 will I have to wipe? I'd rather not have to set everything back up.

Thanks!

Nevermind, just took a chance and "downgraded" and it works great, no wipe needed. :huh:

Guest GodDriven
Very cool.

Could you check if the launcher2.apk is on the phone by clearing the senseui defaults?

Right there. I did and this was removed... like the desire.. this must be s general removal.. Eh.. it still lives up to its name.. Another cool thing. When you mount it. It shows the internal 7gb and your SD card.. expandable. To 32 which is what I have installed. It stores the apps on 1.30 gb of the internal. RAM is all free.. the device flys... no lag in the typing, video, streaming, or games. Asphalt is crazy.. CNET labeled the editors award I see why.. its like its crisp and clean. Pictures screen and graphics..

More to show later.

Guest Robert Basil
Nevermind, just took a chance and "downgraded" and it works great, no wipe needed. :P

Well, the "Accounts and Sync" setting keeps FCing, in r19 so I'm going back to the r21. :huh:

Guest muncheese
Right there. I did and this was removed... like the desire.. this must be s general removal.. Eh.. it still lives up to its name.. Another cool thing. When you mount it. It shows the internal 7gb and your SD card.. expandable. To 32 which is what I have installed. It stores the apps on 1.30 gb of the internal. RAM is all free.. the device flys... no lag in the typing, video, streaming, or games. Asphalt is crazy.. CNET labeled the editors award I see why.. its like its crisp and clean. Pictures screen and graphics..

More to show later.

Cool, thanks, just wanted clarification since I see alot of people posting that sense devices allow you to go back to stock, when obviously they dont.

Also, I though Modaco was pronounced Moh-Dah-Coh, lol

*NBC The more you know.gif

Guest GodDriven
Cool, thanks, just wanted clarification since I see alot of people posting that sense devices allow you to go back to stock, when obviously they dont.

Also, I though Modaco was pronounced Moh-Dah-Coh, lol

*NBC The more you know.gif

LoL.. I just woke up.. when i did that.. ha-ha..