MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest starkruzr

What I am hoping for is something with more of the internals of CyanogenMod (for the sake of speed) while retaining the insanely awesome Exchange support of the Desire ROM.

I'm guessing that once HTC releases the kernel source for the Desire that will be much more achievable.

Guest kwandds
Yes the MMS HTC does work thats all I used, I would go back in and check your APN settings as something is a miss. Double check those #'s with a reliable source

Could you share your APN settings? I've tried different settings posted on this thread without any luck.

Just to make sure though, you're getting full resolution images on your mms?

Guest rnmedic1839
Could you share your APN settings? I've tried different settings posted on this thread without any luck.

Just to make sure though, you're getting full resolution images on your mms?

yes the Pics come in full res

Are you US T- mobile, if not Your going to have to get that from your Service.

Guest malemutekid
yes the Pics come in full res

Are you US T- mobile, if not Your going to have to get that from your Service.

I'm on T-Mobile in the US and am using the APN settings found here (Google Forums) and still no luck with mms. I get the message from the person and i have to download the file to view. The file says it 127 kb but then when i download and view it is only 6 kb and is the small thumbnail photo.

Edited by malemutekid

Guest Droid800

Tried this for a few days, but unfortunately the radio was flakey. Would default to Edge more often than with stock rom, and never seemed to want to hold onto 3G.

Guest Jon S
I'm on T-Mobile in the US and am using the APN settings found here (Google Forums) and still no luck with mms. I get the message from the person and i have to download the file to view. The file says it 127 kb but then when i download and view it is only 6 kb and is the small thumbnail photo.

MMS picture size keys off of the user-agent the MMS client supplies, it's likely that this software supplies a different user-agent and the MMS servers don't recognize it and supply the lowest quality photo as they don't know the device's capabilities. APN settings only matter for connection/download of the picture.

Guest richdmc

First time unlocking an android and I installed this ROM. Loving it so far but now I can't see my SD while connected. Sure it is just a setting. Any suggestions?

Edited by richdmc

Guest OMEGA46

I am going through withdraw of a juicy update like a crack seeking a rock!!!! Hurry back Paul!!! I CANT badword TAKE IT ANY badword MORE!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! lol

Im amazed how things slam to a hault when Paul is away, I wish I knew stuff to help out, but in the meantime Ill just continue to support by being a paying member :huh:

First time unlocking an android and I installed this ROM. Loving it so far but now I can't see my SD while connected. Sure it is just a setting. Any suggestions?

As it says on the first page in the posts that need to be read.. Use the Mount USB app :huh:

Guest richdmc
As it says on the first page in the posts that need to be read.. Use the Mount USB app :huh:

It wasn't working. I did a wipe and reflashed the Rom and it works now.

Guest fuzio1963
Paul has been stuck abroad due to the flight cancellations. He's back working from today.

Interestingly, I have this Rom working with bluetooth to my new Sony head unit in my car, music streams and calls work fine......Odd but I'm a happy bunny!

Really?? Wonder why i saw him "on-line" for few days now on xda helping others and answering questions...................oh well, maybe that another Paul.......

Guest crawler9
Really?? Wonder why i saw him "on-line" for few days now on xda helping others and answering questions...................oh well, maybe that another Paul.......

Well, he did say he would have very limited internet access. Maybe it was him. :huh:

Guest houstonblaney1
Anybody can help me? I flashed. This rom,but i cant use the htc sync..how can i use it?? Thx a lot..^^

Read this, and if you know anybody else on here, pass along the information. Use the search first. Search for "HTC Sync" and you'll find your answer.

Edited by houstonblaney1

Guest spinez

Have an interesting problem that I can't seem to find a fix or figure out.

I flashed my n1 with this phone and I love it! However, whenever I send a SMS message to anybody (including my own phone number), the "received" time shown on the phone is about 8 minutes in the past. For example, I just sent myself a message at 2:25, and when it was received by the phone, it shows up as 2:18. Any idea what could be wrong here? I've tried disabling the time from the towers, location services, etc... but no luck. This is definitely a deal breaker for me. I've verified this happens to everyone I send SMS to.. people with andriod, iphones, different carriers, etc..

FYI, I'm in China using China Mobile as the service provider.

This did not happen on the stock nexus one build.

Any help is appreciated!

Guest Sylar2010

Paul is apparently trying to go into Desire deep exploration (dunno if it has anything to do with Desire to N1) from what I understood from his twitter!

He has so many new ideas that he doesn't know whish one too begin with :huh:

Guest ChrisChros
Read this, and if you know anybody else on here, pass along the information. Use the search first. Search for "HTC Sync" and you'll find your answer.

hi houstonblaney1,

i can't use your link. when i click on it i go to the News page of the forum. can you send me the link as a PN?

Guest LilRedzMD

If Paul is on XDA answering questions, and he knows we all are in desperate need for a update, 9 times out of 10, there wont be a update. Its been 4 weeks now since we've had an update and its been nearly a month since the HTC Desire has been released. So that should answer your question especially if hes been on XDA.

Guest Brian L
If Paul is on XDA answering questions, and he knows we all are in desperate need for a update, 9 times out of 10, there wont be a update. Its been 4 weeks now since we've had an update and its been nearly a month since the HTC Desire has been released. So that should answer your question especially if hes been on XDA.

I think there will be an update soon, just gotta give him time to sort it all out. Why is everyone being all negative about him coming out with more updates when he has already done so much?

Guest malemutekid
MMS picture size keys off of the user-agent the MMS client supplies, it's likely that this software supplies a different user-agent and the MMS servers don't recognize it and supply the lowest quality photo as they don't know the device's capabilities. APN settings only matter for connection/download of the picture.

Thanks, so it sounds like i need to cook a rom with the stock messaging client instead of the HTC client.

1 - answering questions is easier than fixing issues that require the as-yet unreleased kernel source

2 - Paul was on holiday far from home where he barely had Internet access, and was delayed by the volcano

So yeah there hasn't been an update for 4 weeks and it makes sense given the circumstances.

Though I'd love to have an update ASAP, I don't understand the sense of entitlement of some people.. really.. if they want an update, why don't they make it instead? Maybe they'll see how much work it is and would appreciate Paul's work more....

sns

1 - answering questions is easier than fixing issues that require the as-yet unreleased kernel source

2 - Paul was on holiday far from home where he barely had Internet access, and was delayed by the volcano

So yeah there hasn't been an update for 4 weeks and it makes sense given the circumstances.

Though I'd love to have an update ASAP, I don't understand the sense of entitlement of some people.. really.. if they want an update, why don't they make it instead? Maybe they'll see how much work it is and would appreciate Paul's work more....

sns

word!

Guest rnmedic1839
I am on T-Mobile. Would appreciate your APN settings

try these

Name: T-Mobile US

APN: epc.tmobile.com

Proxy: <not set>

Port: <not set>

Username: None

Password: None

Server: <not set>

MMSC: [http]://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

MMS Proxy: <not set>

MMS Port: <not set>

MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0

MCC: 310

MNC: 260

APN Type: mms

For some reason those APNs on the google site dont work correctly I had the same issue awhile back.

Aslo try these Gateway #'s notice the difference in the numbering sequence, They Do work my hand set is as above and works great! MMS pics too

You just have to play around with it. When you put the new APN #s in shut the phon off and restart it this way it will register on the network

Oh and you can try here too: http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/in...p/t-274193.html

Gateway IP:

Primary = 216.155.165.050, port = 8080

Secondary = 216.155.165.051, port = 8080

Edited by rnmedic1839