MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest RelaxMan

Paul help me!!!! I have instaled r22 +a2sd and after that i install 20 programs after that, i can't instal anything. It write me "Aplication non instaled". From market write "eror package"....

Someone give me r21 + a2sd. It is works for me..... :)

Guest yankyjz
uninstalled locale, rebooted and still force closing.

Make sure you uninstall any plugins associated with locale! If it says locale uninstall it & to should work fine (no reboot necessary).

Guest yankyjz
but for me R22 + a2sd is bad ROM, because i can"t install any programs. It say "program non instaled"..... wtf ????????

I am reflash 3 roms and same problem.

Pls help me...

I reflash now r22 without addons. i Hope it's run normaly

A2sd might be an issue if you have an ext4. Revert to ext3 or 2 and it should (hopefully) work.

Guest RelaxMan
A2sd might be an issue if you have an ext4. Revert to ext3 or 2 and it should (hopefully) work.

how can I turn ext4 to ext3

Guest rICHIEa1226

I flashed this ROM last night.. @ first I was having issuses with launching some applications & phone memory.. The Applications will forceclose & the phone memory was low.. I created a backup and then did a wipe of all except for the partition... It works flawless now!!! I mean thi is way smoother that any other desire rom I have flashed before... I thank you paul!!! Although it took time, but now maybe some people can stop whinning and understand why...

PAUL PLEASE READ BELOW!!!!

Now here is my only concern on the rom... Previously there was a settings in the keyboard where you can put the spell checking and pre wording, under or above the input box... Now the settings for that is gone.. I find that really important because the damn box will get it the way all the time.. Maybe the settings are there and I have not looked hard enough, so does anyone have any ideas???

Guest rICHIEa1226

I almost forgot... I rest assured nowing that the Bluettoth issuses will be resolved eventually... Hopefully before any other issuse... But I will like to point out that since 21 the skip option on the headphones has not worked.. Previously I can hit the button twice and it will skip the song, and since 21 this has not worked, Hopefully we can get a fix for that.... Thanks!!!

Guest Scot O.
Now here is my only concern on the rom... Previously there was a settings in the keyboard where you can put the spell checking and pre wording, under or above the input box... Now the settings for that is gone.. I find that really important because the damn box will get it the way all the time.. Maybe the settings are there and I have not looked hard enough, so does anyone have any ideas???

Yeah. Paul switched from using jonsil's HTC IME mod back to regular HTC keyboard. Install this from astro:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=624416

Guest ariurban

I was gonna flash the new r22 ALPHA rom, but with all the issues.. think I will stay with r21 for now (even though has it's bugs too).

With the new Desire Kernal for Paul to play with now, it would probably be best to just hang tight and wait for Paul to implement the new Kernal to the next Rom, which would COULD probably eliminate some of the issues people are having with the previous r22 Rom.

I'm sure he is busy implementing the kernal to the r22 revision.. and of course... testing.. to reduce the future bugs (and complaints).. not to mention his RL job duties too .. (LOL)..

Hang tight.. BT and FM radio will eventually be added as Paul unleashes his next few updates in the upcoming month or two...

Guest joeld79
I looked at this, but do not understand how to exactly do this. Is it possible that you can help me out?? I already have the astro file manager.

did you even READ the instructions on the first post.....or even better post this question on that thread...jeez a world full of hand holders

Edited by joeld79

Guest muncheese
I looked at this, but do not understand how to exactly do this. Is it possible that you can help me out?? I already have the astro file manager.

download the file.

install the file.

use the file.

Guest rICHIEa1226
did you even READ the instructions on the first post.....or even better post this question on that thread...jeez a world full of hand holders

Yea I did read it but did not understand it much!!! I am assuming I will need to download it and install in on my sd card, but from there I am a little bit lost on how to actually install it throught Astro!!! SO YES I DID READ IT!!!

Guest rICHIEa1226
download the file.

install the file.

use the file.

Do I install it to my SD card and if so, I am a little confused on how I will install it on the phone, or will it pick it up once I hold down the button on the keyboard?? I guess am asking do I need to flash it??

Guest anthdroid
Yea I did read it but did not understand it much!!! I am assuming I will need to download it and install in on my sd card, but from there I am a little bit lost on how to actually install it throught Astro!!! SO YES I DID READ IT!!!

* Download and unzip (not flashable update.zip!)

Basically, if you're doing this from computer, move the unzipped files to the root of your sd card...if you're doing this from the handset itself, make sure Astro is installed and handles your zip files- then unzip to the root of your sdcard via Astro or whichever file manager you prefer.

* Install the two apks (HTC_IME & Clicker) using your favorite method (via a file manager or adb install -r). Sense users shouldn't (and needn't) install Clicker.

Once those are on your sdcard and you can browse them, by clicking on each it will prompt for install via app launcher (I believe this is how that works)

* There is no need to push anything to /system

Ignore...

* Go to Menu, Settings, Language & Keyboard. Activate "HTC_IME mod"

Go there, make sure it's there, make sure the settings are the way you remember them on prior versions.

* To change keyboard, long press on lower left key on stock keyboard or any input field. Select input method in the menu.

Do that, you'll be aple to select input method, then select this one...

* See note below if you have earlier versions than v22 installed already!

Doesn't apply obviously.

I think that people assume if you can install a ROM, you should be able to install a .apk- I understand it's confusing at times, hope that helps.

Guest rICHIEa1226
* Download and unzip (not flashable update.zip!)

Basically, if you're doing this from computer, move the unzipped files to the root of your sd card...if you're doing this from the handset itself, make sure Astro is installed and handles your zip files- then unzip to the root of your sdcard via Astro or whichever file manager you prefer.

* Install the two apks (HTC_IME & Clicker) using your favorite method (via a file manager or adb install -r). Sense users shouldn't (and needn't) install Clicker.

Once those are on your sdcard and you can browse them, by clicking on each it will prompt for install via app launcher (I believe this is how that works)

* There is no need to push anything to /system

Ignore...

* Go to Menu, Settings, Language & Keyboard. Activate "HTC_IME mod"

Go there, make sure it's there, make sure the settings are the way you remember them on prior versions.

* To change keyboard, long press on lower left key on stock keyboard or any input field. Select input method in the menu.

Do that, you'll be aple to select input method, then select this one...

* See note below if you have earlier versions than v22 installed already!

Doesn't apply obviously.

I think that people assume if you can install a ROM, you should be able to install a .apk- I understand it's confusing at times, hope that helps.

I did all the was listed, which thank you for explaining, But I hold down the left bottom key and I get no reaction.. I have the keyboard installed in my settings.

Guest anthdroid
I did all the was listed, which thank you for explaining, But I hold down the left bottom key and I get no reaction.. I have the keyboard installed in my settings.

Ya, that's happened to me too on this ROM...

Try this though- any field where you can enter text, hold your finger on that field and see if it gives the input option then- that should do the trick!

Guest rICHIEa1226

Do I need to install app launcher??

Guest war eagle

Paul or anyone.. Can you please tell me if the Stickies app works for you guys? If so how can I get it working on mine?

Guest anthdroid
Do I need to install app launcher??

lol, NO!

Just try it- act like you're going to send a text message, or even the search window on your browser. press on the "white" area where you should be entering text, it will prompt you for input method.

you won't break your phone, I almost promise...lol

Guest rICHIEa1226

lol, NO!

Just try it- act like you're going to send a text message, or even the search window on your browser. press on the "white" area where you should be entering text, it will prompt you for input method.

[/

Ok soooooo.... I want to thank you soooooooo Much!!! It was actually pretty basic, but it has been some time for me that I have messed with all this so I forgot it a little... have not done anything since aplha 21..... But is this keyboard 100% safe... I got a little worried when I saw that it said password, credit cards can be collected.... Will this be considered a safe keyboard?? Thanks

Guest rICHIEa1226
lol, NO!

Ok soooooo.... I want to thank you soooooooo Much!!! It was actually pretty basic, but it has been some time for me that I have messed with all this so I forgot it a little... have not done anything since aplha 21..... But is this keyboard 100% safe... I got a little worried when I saw that it said password, credit cards can be collected.... Will this be considered a safe keyboard?? Thanks

Guest anthdroid

Well...any keyboard mod will give you that warning...I really don't know, other than I think that xda is the end-all be-all in android hackers, so I'd think that if they were doing something shady, it'd be pretty well known by now...it's up to your discretion...

Glad it worked (I believe you will be just fine using it)...