MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest jdmsirek4

help i cannot get any data connection ( EDGE or 3G) when i load any r22 rom.....any suggestions???????

i get full 3G on the r21.....GPS doesnt seem to work on the r22 also....HELP!!!

Edited by jdmsirek4

Guest fuzio1963
help i cannot get any data connection ( EDGE or 3G) when i load any r22 rom.....any suggestions???????

Enter your APN setting. If you check your setting, you will notice there is NO APN of any king included in this rom.

Guest Batkoto

Check your APN settings, maybe yo uneed to add them manually.

There are posts already some pages back in this thread

Get Apn Backup and Restore from the market, backup your APNs, then every time afer that when you flash, just install the app and restore your APNs... Problem solved forever.

sns

Guest jdmsirek4
Get Apn Backup and Restore from the market, backup your APNs, then every time afer that when you flash, just install the app and restore your APNs... Problem solved forever.

sns

trying now...

trying now...

My assumption being that you did have functional APNs before using the app, as it only backs up what was there.

Never had trouble since I found that app, always have my APNs handy :rolleyes:

And with Titanium Backup and the app in my backups, I never have to worry about losing connectivity no matter where/when I reflash my phone...

Guest rICHIEa1226
[reserved]

Paul first off thank you for all you have done for use. It is greatly appreciated and that's why I am a premium member. But I ask for one thing that will make this Rom almost perfect as I can wait for the issues listed to be resolved. Is it possible of adding the keypad that was I'm 21, or maybe giving the option of adding it in the kitchen?? It was so much more convenient. I found the way to extract it as some have helped, but I get a warning of passwords possibly being collected and info. So I don't like the feel of that. Although there might not be harm. But will it be possible to have the option in the kitchen?? Thank you. God bless.

Guest bedwa
Any examples you can offer? ..... (message clipped for space saving).... buy an app that turns out to be not worth it.

Thanks for fielding that one for me before I saw it. I only have a 3G for an ipod to play the one or two apps that I don't have for android (eliminate pro and crunchyroll) and one will be moot when froyo and flash come out. I had an iphone 3gs jailbroken to the hilt and ditched it when I saw the chance to get the N1. I can customize it more than I evet could my iPhone. Don't get me wrong, iPhone is the best fo simplicity, but not even close when it comes to customization. Period.

Guest Ruttus

im a nood to android and all but i like using this r22 desire rom, but the internal space thing is killing me, is there any way to have apps2sd or something to it so i can run and install apps from my sd card? it would be really good if its possible, thanks.

Guest RTOuk

hey, ive not checked in for awhile. is there any wake on trackball support yet? or any news on if there is going to be?

thanks

-Ryan

Guest techlogik

R21, Best ROM EVA!!! Seriously, just need trackwake, and trackball colors..right now it just does standard color green it seems.

intersectr 925v 2.6.33.3 Kernel and this puppy rocks!!!

Great work.

Guest jdmsirek4
My assumption being that you did have functional APNs before using the app, as it only backs up what was there.

Never had trouble since I found that app, always have my APNs handy :rolleyes:

And with Titanium Backup and the app in my backups, I never have to worry about losing connectivity no matter where/when I reflash my phone...

Thanks bro!

Guest adversario

hi paul,have a question for u..

htc desire will updates 2 froyo 2? and when that happend will u port it to n1?

i know i know u got lot to do,hehehe..but i'm just courious about it!

thnx in advance and keep working!

Guest Batkoto
hi paul,have a question for u..

htc desire will updates 2 froyo 2? and when that happend will u port it to n1?

i know i know u got lot to do,hehehe..but i'm just courious about it!

thnx in advance and keep working!

Paul tweeted that Desire port will follow next week.

Next week will be very, very ..... how to say .... tempting maybe?

Guest bugsy
Does anyone else seem to to be synching constantly with r22? My Sync icon is almost always displayed.

I was having the same problem. Baked a few different ROM's and they sync icon was on continuously with all of them and my battery life was horrible. Gave up and when Froyo came out yesterday I went back to stock and upgraded to Froyo. Exchange integration is key for me and Froyo is just not quite there yet in my mind with the applications to support better exchange integration so I thought I would try r22 again. Here's what I did when moving back to r22:

1. Disabled option to back up settings
  2. Flashed Amon recovery ROM
  3. Wiped everything, cache, userdata, etc
  4. Flashed new R22 Rom
  5. During setup I skipped all steps at initial account setup and then came back and configured all of them manually starting with google
  6. Added back all my applications

I'm not sure which step took care of the issue, but I'm now syncing normally with the icon only displaying when I know actually syncing is taking place and the battery life seems to be much better as well. Hope that helps.

Guest venomoussvt

great work on the rom and looking forward to trying the new FROYO port.. is anyone ever going to address the capacitive button light problem? I have searched till i am blue in the face.. it seems there are hundreds of phone that have this problem with only the desire rom. there is an SH file that will make them light up with the screen but it is very buggy and has to be re loaded every time you reboot the phone.

if i we could get this problem fixed i would be changing my membership ASAP so i could do the online kitchen. however I cant see joining for a rom that has a known bug that no one acknowledges.

Guest nexvision
great work on the rom and looking forward to trying the new FROYO port.. is anyone ever going to address the capacitive button light problem? I have searched till i am blue in the face.. it seems there are hundreds of phone that have this problem with only the desire rom. there is an SH file that will make them light up with the screen but it is very buggy and has to be re loaded every time you reboot the phone.

if i we could get this problem fixed i would be changing my membership ASAP so i could do the online kitchen. however I cant see joining for a rom that has a known bug that no one acknowledges.

If you would have spent nearly as much time reading as you claim. You would have seen the capacitive problem is a known issue and has been attempted to be addressed by Paul in numerous ways and was deemed as needing the kernel the same as the BT problem. These problems will be addressed and (hopefully fixed) with full decompilation of kernel which has been out less then a week and now Froyo is out. So obviously priorities got changed.

If you really think Paul is going to jump through hoops just so you change your subscription you are sadly mistaken. Grow some patience and next time spend 5 minutes reading rather than claiming that you have searched till your blue in the face. Which I guess with your showed intelligence could have been 3 seconds.

Edited by nexvision

Guest desull
Whenever I go to settings-accounts & sync it will immediately reboot my phone..

Anyone else having this issue?

Anyone else having this issue? i just updated from a kitchen build on top of an r21 kitchen build, no wipe....

Guest yankyjz
Anyone else having this issue? i just updated from a kitchen build on top of an r21 kitchen build, no wipe....

Paul always says if you are having issues then you should do a FULL wipe! Sorry good luck.