MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest LunatikBunnie

I would like to use this with IntersectRaven's kernel, but which version would work? I tried the .34 and the .33-5 kernel and it wouldn't play nice with the N1. Would love extended battery saving kernel in my desire-flashed N1 :)

Guest ultrabrite
You can download some live wallpaper, and use custom Rom, they have ADW launcher or Laucher Pro or Samsung U.I, just look better than stock launcher..I'm wondering why don't you guys purchase a HTC Desire but Nexus One if you like HTC Sense and its U.I? between "good looking, appearance, unstable of 2.1 HTC sense U.I" and "speed, performance, stable,fully compatible of 2.2 Froyo FRF91" what is in your mind?

i use Froyo although user experience is disappointing! fortunately with Gingerbread, Google will work a lot on the GUI of the OS now that it is stable and fairly complete.

when i bought the N1, HTC Desire did not exist. N1 is the google phone, an emblematic device. now i will not buy a phone with the same hardware under the pretext that Froyo is not userfriendly. i prefer to install alternatives Roms and waiting for the next bomb :) !

where do you find Samsung U.I. for Nexus?

Guest mixmaven

I think it is crazy that people feel they have to justify what rom they want to run on their device, and even crazier that people should pop into the this forum and say "yer rom is crap, mine is better cause I say so!" WTF. If you don't like the desire port, stay away! The people running desire on their nexus obviously have reasons for doing so, exchange support, social media integration, interface, familiarity, whatever... it doesn't matter. I hope Paul keeps it up, I like the choice and I just switched from the latest froyo to desire for the fun of experiencing the phone in a different way.

Paul, please add the APN list from froyo kitchen to the desire port.

Thanks,

-mix

Guest ultrabrite
I think it is crazy that people feel they have to justify what rom they want to run on their device, and even crazier that people should pop into the this forum and say "yer rom is crap, mine is better cause I say so!" WTF. If you don't like the desire port, stay away! The people running desire on their nexus obviously have reasons for doing so, exchange support, social media integration, interface, familiarity, whatever... it doesn't matter. I hope Paul keeps it up, I like the choice and I just switched from the latest froyo to desire for the fun of experiencing the phone in a different way.

Thanks,

-mix

+1 :)

Guest stepinmyworld
I just switched from the latest froyo to desire for the fun of experiencing the phone in a different way.

Thanks,

-mix

do you text often? is there a fix for the error when sending mass text? i foung the correct apn setting for picture sending but not the text messaging. i love the desire rom and want to use it but i text often. its veryyyy fast when you have a partitioned SD card

Guest ChrisVuong
i use Froyo although user experience is disappointing! fortunately with Gingerbread, Google will work a lot on the GUI of the OS now that it is stable and fairly complete.

when i bought the N1, HTC Desire did not exist. N1 is the google phone, an emblematic device. now i will not buy a phone with the same hardware under the pretext that Froyo is not userfriendly. i prefer to install alternatives Roms and waiting for the next bomb :) !

where do you find Samsung U.I. for Nexus?

I'm using mod Rom of RodriguezStyle (from:xda-developers.com)

you can try to flash this

http://www.autinhyeu.com/download/nexus_on...-FRF91-v3.3.zip

then you will have optional launchers (Launcher pro + TW Launcher-is Samsung UI look alike) with Samsung live wallpaper

Edited by ChrisVuong

Guest NickBr
can someone please post the intersectraven kernel that helps with battery life on this rom? i have found it on numerous sites BUT all of the links take me to mediafire and i get an error that the file has been removed or no longer exists.

+1

Guest x986123

Looks like Desire 2.2 will be released Wednesday evening! Hopefully the devs will get porting FAST, I have a flight Wednesday midnight... Haha.

Guest ultrabrite
can someone please post the intersectraven kernel that helps with battery life on this rom? i have found it on numerous sites BUT all of the links take me to mediafire and i get an error that the file has been removed or no longer exists.

done, i didn't know that they were missing

(original topic)

Here's the link:

20100427_1352:

2.6.33_AVS-800mV_20100427_1352_UniversalUpdate.zip -> Universal Update.zip

20100424_1336:

Hybrid AVS:

2.6.33_AVS-800mV_20100424_1336_Update.zip -> ZIP format

I'm using mod Rom of RodriguezStyle (from:xda-developers.com)

you can try to flash this

http://www.autinhyeu.com/download/nexus_on...-FRF91-v3.3.zip

then you will have optional launchers (Launcher pro + TW Launcher-is Samsung UI look alike) with Samsung live wallpaper

thank you :) i'll try it

Edited by ultrabrite

Guest teddyballgame

(original topic)

Here's the link:

20100427_1352:

20100424_1336:

Hybrid AVS:

thanks for the working link! and @sylar2010, obviously i looked on XDA, the links provided there were directing me to the same "file does not exist" page.

Guest JonnyRockets
Looks like Desire 2.2 will be released Wednesday evening! Hopefully the devs will get porting FAST, I have a flight Wednesday midnight... Haha.

And you're getting this from... where?

:)

Guest stepinmyworld

(original topic)

Here's the link:

20100427_1352:

20100424_1336:

Hybrid AVS:

thank you :D i'll try it

thanks for posting the link :) I for one feel that the desire ROM for the nexus is faster than froyo 2.2... i am speaking 3g speed .. i noticed that i often get errors or no results when using twitter apps on froyo but when using them on this ROM, i hardly ever get an error... i just think it's smoother. i dunno ... I also adapted to the limited texting u can do... i don't think I can do heavy threaded text messaging without an error...

Guest x986123
So this is the apparent Froyo + Sense ROM from udk at XDA (for Desire), so I suppose a Port to N1 won't be too far behind.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=720294

It is out! YAY! I sooo hope it gets ported fast, I'm leaving for a flight soon (no one cares anyway, lol) and would love to have it!

Paul, start reving your engines.

Edited by x986123

Guest PS&E

(original topic)

Here's the link:

20100427_1352:

20100424_1336:

Hybrid AVS:

Flashed the Universal Update but now my WI-FI says "unable to start wi-fi". Help anyone?

Guest nfinit3
That ROM currently isn't ready to be used as a main ROM as voice calls do not function yet.

Yea, I downloaded it and played with it. Significantly faster in my opinion but yea no voice calls, no bluetooth, no camera and a lot of graphic glitches.

Guest Sylar2010

The question is: where is Paul?

The second question is: what does he think about it?

Kingx is a good programer but he's not as professional as Paul,he's using Roms made by others and customise them while Paul sometimes rewrite whole bunch of codes and knows very well how to port kernels so I am confident he will give us better results in no time

Guest PS&E
remember to update you Radio to Froyo 2.2 and full wipe.

Flashed Froyo to get the RADIO update; then nandroid restored Desire ROM; then flashed intersect raven kernel universal update. Still NOT WORKING for me! "Unable to start Wi-Fi". Am I doing something wrong? Help anyone!