MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest overground@xda

In recovery, flash Alpha3update.zip...when completed -

adb shell reboot bootloader

fastboot flash boot boot.alpha2.img

fastboot reboot

Should then have working wifi, accelerometer and no white boot.

/system/media is symlinked to /data/system-media which has the standard /audio/notifications, ringtones, etc. containing audio files but something seems broken in the linking.

Guest SAAAAAANDWICHES!
they closed it, damn mods always closing everything :D
i know they closed the first one... but the second one doesn't seem to exist. his posts don't show up in his profile either... did they just up and delete the release thread from the dev section or did paul do it?

Guest damniatx
i know they closed the first one... but the second one doesn't seem to exist. his posts don't show up in his profile either... did they just up and delete the release thread from the dev section or did paul do it?

paul requested it with twitter.

Guest JimmyFraser

Ok so my problem is I have not got alpha3update.zip

I just have the first update posted (original one that bootlooped) and the bootalpha2.img (Second one Paul listed, same name different filesize etc)

anyone wanna hook me up with a3update? I just paid for adfree if that helps, Ill take it via PM :D

Edited by JimmyFraser

These are the problems that I found

1. Gaphic glitch

2. No flash for camera

3. USB storage mode not working

and after switch the "Connect to PC" option to Storage after reboot will get white screen

Using Alpha3 update, alpha2 boot img

Guest DiscoScan

thanks for the alpha boot img! Accelerometer and wifi working for me as well... Much faster boot.

Graphics do appear much crisper with the Water live background running. Still a little glitchy but improving

Even the myspace music flash player is sooooo close to fully loading.

Guest Deathwish238

MoDaCo, you are amazing.

Flashed alpha3 and alpha2bootimg.

Seeing SenseUI on my Nexus One is giving me chills!

It's so fast...the pinch and zoom homescreen is gorgeous...

Guest damniatx
MoDaCo, you are amazing.

Flashed alpha3 and alpha2bootimg.

Seeing SenseUI on my Nexus One is giving me chills!

It's so fast...the pinch and zoom homescreen is gorgeous...

is it still work after reboot, i only get white screen when i'm boot with alpha2 boot img.

Guest DiscoScan
is it still work after reboot, i only get white screen when i'm boot with alpha2 boot img.

I also got the frozen white screen after reboot (without the HTC logo) and went back to the comforts of CM 5.0.2 to anxiously await a Beta version.

other than above issue,

1. compass doesn't work.

2. no MT on google maps.

3. acceleration doesn't work

alpha 3 update.

Update to Google Maps 4.0 in market for MT.

Only problem I have is Titanium Backup not working even though I have root. Wifi, BT, its all good. I'm just going to use this and upgrade as things get better.

Guest damniatx
I also got the frozen white screen after reboot (without the HTC logo) and went back to the comforts of CM 5.0.2 to anxiously await a Beta version.

yeah, i think i will be going back using cynogen ROM.

Guest overground@xda

What I posted above (Alpha3+boot2) seems to not be foolproof, because I just got the "WBOD" (white boot of death):D after a reboot. But for a "one boot wonder" it functions better than can be expected at this early stage.

Really fun to play with.

All of the following are using A3 boot2:

The updated maps does fix the MT in the browser.

Bluetooth (much like the wifi using alpha1, boot2) will start up and detect my BlueantV1, just will not pair. Discovers and displays "pairing", but just sits there.

Still no system sounds save for the boot jingle, and that's odd because I think that's in /data/system-media also.

I got Titanium to work one time (enough to do it's job) using A1 and subsequently flashing boot.img out of the A1 update. Downloaded Titanium first thing then run TB and restore what you want. After that, it did not want to work anymore.

N1 Torch and Camera flash non-op.

Again, as promised we got something to play with, and it's better than I thought it was going to be.

Thanks P!

Guest ez14u2nv
What I posted above (Alpha3+boot2) seems to not be foolproof, because I just got the "WBOD" (white boot of death):D after a reboot. But for a "one boot wonder" it functions better than can be expected at this early stage.

Really fun to play with.

All of the following are using A3 boot2:

The updated maps does fix the MT in the browser.

Bluetooth (much like the wifi using alpha1, boot2) will start up and detect my BlueantV1, just will not pair. Discovers and displays "pairing", but just sits there.

Still no system sounds save for the boot jingle, and that's odd because I think that's in /data/system-media also.

I got Titanium to work one time (enough to do it's job) using A1 and subsequently flashing boot.img out of the A1 update. Downloaded Titanium first thing then run TB and restore what you want. After that, it did not want to work anymore.

N1 Torch and Camera flash non-op.

Again, as promised we got something to play with, and it's better than I thought it was going to be.

Thanks P!

yup just noticed this... reboot after wifi and auto rotate fix caused WBOD!! Bummer flashing alpha 3 again... oh well still frickin cool as all hell... i noticed that my sms timestamps were all messed up... my replys appeared before the last incoming text instead of after... also i noticed the graphical errors (really odd!) and on top of it all... i cant flash back to enomother... i wont... im addicted to SENSE UI! God i missed you ever since someone stole my g1 with hero rom... good to have ya back! MoDaCo you are absolutely amazing thank you so much for your work on this!

Guest bahadur.choongh
Morning all! :D

I've found the cause of the WBOD, a new alpha will be online later today. :D

P

hey, I have tried putting it on my phone, im using a mac and I can't seem to unlock the bootloader, the terminal - command prompt for mac is saying it can't find it

hey, I have tried putting it on my phone, im using a mac and I can't seem to unlock the bootloader, the terminal - command prompt for mac is saying it can't find it

read the unlocking bootloader thread carefully and if it still doesn't work, post there.

and quote the full error message, hard to guess what's really going wrong :D