MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest LilRedzMD

Ok so this is what I just did....

I snatched the ERE36B Radio (Signed) and flash it to my Nexus One with the A11 Desire ROM already on there....

It flashed but when my Nexus One came on the Original Nexus One Bootloader Screen did load. After Unlocking the phone to get into the device there was no welcome Google Screen and my phone kept force closing alot of Google Apps including voice but I only wanted to verify the ERE36B Build was on the device so I went to Settings the About Phone and there it was....

Then I Downloaded and Flashed A12 and wanting to see if the ERE36B Build did stay on my device and see how the signal works and the rumored better battery life....

I'll See and Let folks on here know...

Guest Shmoopty
However, the showstopper for me was the way Google Reader renders pages. That is my most used address (google.com/reader) and i spend over two hours everyday going through the feeds. with the stock and other ROMs, the pages fit perfectly. But on the Desire ROM, you get a horizontal scroll and reading soon becomes a PITA.

Have seen this issue mentioned earlier, but does anyone have a fix?

It seems that setting font size to "Normal" in the browser settings alleviates this.

Guest JonnyRockets
Am now a happy Plus member. Have been watching this thread since the first alpha came out, and have personally tried four different alphas.

however, i am back to Modaco's N1 ROM.

I could live with the bluetooth issue - fiddling with the 'discoverable' setting eventually gets the phone connected to my Senn MM200 headset or Logitech Purefi speakers.

However, the showstopper for me was the way Google Reader renders pages. That is my most used address (google.com/reader) and i spend over two hours everyday going through the feeds. with the stock and other ROMs, the pages fit perfectly. But on the Desire ROM, you get a horizontal scroll and reading soon becomes a PITA.

Have seen this issue mentioned earlier, but does anyone have a fix? Maybe some config file that can be edited using Astro? If i can get Reader working fine, i will instantly jump back to a Desire alpha. What Paul has done with it is amazing.

I just tried this and see what you mean. Three workarounds:

1. Use NewsRob. It owns <_< I too rely on Google Reader and NewsRob is downright AMAZING. It downloads all articles for offline reading. Highly highly recommended! :mellow:

2. Try Dolphin Browser, that might work

3. Last but not least, if you don't want to install anything: while Google Reader is open in the browser, in the address bar type "about:debug" and click the arrow to go to the page. Nothing will load but you get new items in the Settings menu.

Click Menu -> Settings -> Back out. Now notice you can zoom out farther and read the full page. Combined with Landscape view, the text is big enough to read and it all fits on the screen.

Edited by JonnyRockets

Guest bakano

ok so I've wiped and updated... I had this same experience with the last version also and it may just be a location thing. My network keeps jumping between "H" and 3G. I have no idea what H is. Could someone explain that to me please? And I tried playing with the whcdma only setting, or whatever the letters are, and it still jumps. Any info would be greatly appreciated because it seems like whatever H is, it's slower than 3G. And I think all the switching is draining my battery also =/

Thanks!

EDIT :: I played with both the settings on the phone menu and also using the *#*#4636#*2

*# menu

Edited by bakano

Guest cortez
ok so I've wiped and updated... I had this same experience with the last version also and it may just be a location thing. My network keeps jumping between "H" and 3G. I have no idea what H is. Could someone explain that to me please? And I tried playing with the whcdma only setting, or whatever the letters are, and it still jumps. Any info would be greatly appreciated because it seems like whatever H is, it's slower than 3G. And I think all the switching is draining my battery also =/

Thanks!

EDIT :: I played with both the settings on the phone menu and also using the *#*#4636#*2

*# menu

you can use the search box and the bottom-left of this thread... the What does H mean question has been answered several times. Fyi, H is faster than 3G...

Guest cortez
Paul,

I think I did the upgrade on the Radio to ERE36B correct not quite sure...how would I know?

not Paul, look under phone settings for your radio version. google search with ERE36B radio version would help you as well. this is pretty basic stuff... <_< Edited by cortez

Guest bakano
you can use the search box and the bottom-left of this thread... the What does H mean question has been answered several times. Fyi, H is faster than 3G...

Awesome and thank you. Sorry for the "spam" then. The search box wasn't as obvioust to me since I've updated today and replied all from my phone =X

Guest JonnyRockets

Paul, under Known Issues, you should put an FAQ. For example:

- Why doesn't USB mounting work? Use MountUSB App

- Workaround for using Google Voice to call out with GV # on caller id? Use www.google.com/voice

etc

Guest LilRedzMD
not Paul, look under phone settings for your radio version. google search with ERE36B radio version would help you as well. this is pretty basic stuff... <_<

Im Looking at the following:

Build Number: passion-user 2.1-update1 ere27 24178

release-keys

But I am also looking at this:

Basebane Version

32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2

One is saying that I am using Radio ERE36B

and the other is saying

ERE27

Thats my question, do I have the updated radio of ERE36B.

Guest VJKotts
Im Looking at the following:

Build Number: passion-user 2.1-update1 ere27 24178

release-keys

But I am also looking at this:

Basebane Version

32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2

One is saying that I am using Radio ERE36B

and the other is saying

ERE27

Thats my question, do I have the updated radio of ERE36B.

I also have the same problem. it appears that I have the radio ERE36B but the build is still at ERE27 just like you posted. I don't know how to update that build number. I tried flashing ERE36B but that didn't work (only made matters worse).

Guest Docmjldds
It seems that setting font size to "Normal" in the browser settings alleviates this.

I can confirm the horizonta Scroll issue. I played with settings including changing Fonts from tiny, small, normal, large huge, whatever. It seems for an instant, a page seems to render correctly, but as soon as you jump out to another article and go back again to a prior article, the formatting changes enough to enable that scroll issue. I also tried changing the Latin to UTF setting also, FWIW. Again, it seems when you change a setting and first go to read a page, it appears to render correctly, but it will revert as soon as you basically change to another page or menu etc. I can see how this could be a PITA if you do a lot of reading. For me, an occasional article I am interested in and moving the slider a bit as i read is not a major deal breaker for me.

Guest Docmjldds

<<3. Last but not least, if you don't want to install anything: while Google Reader is open in the browser, in the address bar type "about:debug" and click the arrow to go to the page. Nothing will load but you get new items in the Settings menu.

Click Menu -> Settings -> Back out. Now notice you can zoom out farther and read the full page. Combined with Landscape view, the text is big enough to read and it all fits on the screen. >>

This tip was amazing. I will try NewsRob also.

Guest smonme
Paul, under Known Issues, you should put an FAQ. For example:

- Why doesn't USB mounting work? Use MountUSB App

- Workaround for using Google Voice to call out with GV # on caller id? Use www.google.com/voice

etc

Using A12 Google Voice Works Completely

Guest OMEGA46

I paid for Plus membership, but the Titanium Backup still asks for a donation... what gives... Also, where do I find the option for the transparent notification dock?

Guest cortez
Using A12 Google Voice Works Completely
so to clarify, can you make calls via GV and have your GV number show up on the caller ID?

Guest Robert Weave

its freaking stupid to ask people to pay for a cracked OS, there's a reason all the iphone hackers work and provide their work free.

Guest cortez
its freaking stupid to ask people to pay for a cracked OS, there's a reason all the iphone hackers work and provide their work free.
hummmm??? i'm not paying anything and i can download the OS. you simply don't understand - what you're referring to is the kitchen, which allows you to CUSTOMIZE your OS to your liking... but i digress, this is a little difficult for you to read and understand, lol... <_<

Guest cortez
My GPS doesn't work with Google Maps... anyone else having this problem?
and you've verified via settings that GPS is enabled? i recommend downloading GPS Test to help troubleshoot your problem. i have no issue using GPS with GMaps...

Guest drumdude
Are you certain of this? Just wanna make sure sorry for the hassle...

Yes, I had the same older radio version as you did. I updated and noticed a huge improvement in reception. My "about" screen shows exactly what yours does.

I'm pretty sure you're good, don't worry about it.

Guest LilRedzMD
Yes, I had the same older radio version as you did. I updated and noticed a huge improvement in reception. My "about" screen shows exactly what yours does.

I'm pretty sure you're good, don't worry about it.

Ok thanks buddy! Good Looking Out!