MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ez14u2nv
its freaking stupid to ask people to pay for a cracked OS, there's a reason all the iphone hackers work and provide their work free.

its freaking stupid to "expect" people to "read the OP" for a cracked OS, there's a reason all the iphone hackers work and provide their work free... "BECAUSE THEY BLOW DOGS FOR QUARTERS?"

THIS ROM IS FREE! Custom images based on the options you select are what you pay for... <_<

Guest LilRedzMD
its freaking stupid to "expect" people to "read the OP" for a cracked OS, there's a reason all the iphone hackers work and provide their work free... "BECAUSE THEY BLOW DOGS FOR QUARTERS?"

THIS ROM IS FREE! Custom images based on the options you select are what you pay for... <_<

DUDE IF YOU DONT LIKE IT THEN GET THE "FREE ROMS" THAT NO ONE SEEMED TO HACK THREW BUT PAUL, BUT I MEAN DUDE IF YOU DONT LIKE IT KEEP DA CRAP TO YASELF, THIS IS WHAT THEY WANNA DO LET THEM, YOU NOT ADMIN OF ANYTHING ON THIS SITE...JEEZ THE NERVE...

Guest TJ Calbert
Minor update! <_<

P

Changelog

Alpha 12

• Now includes Teknologist's TCK 0.7. This is based on the official .33 repositories, with only minor tweaks. The ROM is undervolted only for frequencies :mellow:
  • Updated HTC_IME to jonasl's v13, based on my Desire leak
  • RIL updates (more connection quality and stability in my experience) - ERE36B radio recommended
  • Live Wallpapers ordering fix (sorry, wipe required)
  • Optional Nexus One boot animation
  • Desk Clock (Dock) music app fix (now uses HTC Music app)

I'm sad to see no one is willing to try to fix the problem with google voice. I love this ROM to death. it is the reason i decided to pay to help paul out. its very unfortunate. I am having to go back to Cyanogen's ROM untill this can be fixed... please paul. try fixing it.

Guest damniatx
its freaking stupid to ask people to pay for a cracked OS, there's a reason all the iphone hackers work and provide their work free.

its different from all iphone development. iphone development never get any leak before they release actual product. we get this rom before the product release it, and no one get dump* rom other than paul. <_<. paul working to make it works for us. that way we have alpha 1 to alpha 12.

Guest Shmoopty

This is a classic troll -- acting uninformed while hinting at insults, just to watch people grumble.

Let's ignore and move on...

Edited by Shmoopty

Guest cortez
I'm sad to see no one is willing to try to fix the problem with google voice. I love this ROM to death. it is the reason i decided to pay to help paul out. its very unfortunate. I am having to go back to Cyanogen's ROM untill this can be fixed... please paul. try fixing it.
how about saying "thanks Paul, i really appreciate what you've done for us. do you foresee a fix for GV in the near future?" i understand how some (including me) are disappointed that GV doesn't work like it's designed to. this is an alpha version and unfortunately some features, 3rd party programs, etc., will simply not work, period. this could be beyond Paul's control and we may have to wait for a newer ROM from HTC/other sources.

maybe i overlooked Paul's statement that he is unwilling to fix it; if i did, please state the post#. maybe you should have asked if GV was going to be a priority before contributing to the site/paying for access to the kitchen. i sense this is where your real disappointment lies; e.g., thinking a contribution would make GV a priority. if i'm misinterpreting your message i sincerely apologize to you. <_<

Guest TJ Calbert
how about saying "thanks Paul, i really appreciate what you've done for us. do you foresee a fix for GV in the near future?" i understand how some (including me) are disappointed that GV doesn't work like it's designed to. this is an alpha version and unfortunately some features, 3rd party programs, etc., will simply not work, period. this could be beyond Paul's control and we may have to wait for a newer ROM from HTC/other sources.

maybe i overlooked Paul's statement that he is unwilling to fix it; if i did, please state the post#. maybe you should have asked if GV was going to be a priority before contributing to the site/paying for access to the kitchen. i sense this is where your real disappointment lies; e.g., thinking a contribution would make GV a priority. if i'm misinterpreting your message i sincerely apologize to you. <_<

please dont get me wrong. i am very happy for the work that paul has done. so much in fact, i have contributed to him numerous times and am a current holder of one of his subscriptions. i was mearly making a statement that it is hindering my ability to use his ROM. I love it. even in alpha it has been the best ROM i have used. regardless of the bugs. i just use my google voice number as my primary number and is one of the main reasons i decided to fork the dough to purchase two nexuses. for both of my google numbers. i still am running his rom on my secondary. as it works grand, and please be reassured i met no disrepect to paul or any of the contributers.

Guest TJ Calbert

So let's do this, everyone who has access to google voice, and is using this ROM lets collaborate see what we can come up with. and let barrage google voice to see if they can throw us a minor update.

Guest cortez
please dont get me wrong. i am very happy for the work that paul has done. so much in fact, i have contributed to him numerous times and am a current holder of one of his subscriptions. i was mearly making a statement that it is hindering my ability to use his ROM. I love it. even in alpha it has been the best ROM i have used. regardless of the bugs. i just use my google voice number as my primary number and is one of the main reasons i decided to fork the dough to purchase two nexuses. for both of my google numbers. i still am running his rom on my secondary. as it works grand, and please be reassured i met no disrepect to paul or any of the contributers.
ok, it's all good then. i'm sure Paul will appreciate your comments. fyi, there's a web-based workaround where you go to google.com/voice, sign in and initiate calls using your GV. not elegant but it works. <_<

Guest TJ Calbert
ok, it's all good then. i'm sure Paul will appreciate your comments. fyi, there's a web-based workaround where you go to google.com/voice, sign in and initiate calls using your GV. not elegant but it works. :mellow:

ya I tried that. didnt work as quick an its not effortless like the android system makes it. thats why i love google <_<. but thanks. and paul, if you could give us any insight if you may no a workaround or make some option available in the kitchen that would be great.

I'm just watching and I'm really wondering of mentality of some people... It's sad to see that, an I'm really dissapointed of this kind of comment. If you really think 'cose you spent to much money attending to you subscription, than PM me, and I will send you money back, just stop spaming this tread, and leave people to concentrate to work...no hard feelings (sorry for my english)

Guest ez14u2nv
DUDE IF YOU DONT LIKE IT THEN GET THE "FREE ROMS" THAT NO ONE SEEMED TO HACK THREW BUT PAUL, BUT I MEAN DUDE IF YOU DONT LIKE IT KEEP DA CRAP TO YASELF, THIS IS WHAT THEY WANNA DO LET THEM, YOU NOT ADMIN OF ANYTHING ON THIS SITE...JEEZ THE NERVE...

I'm just watching and I'm really wondering of mentality of some people... It's sad to see that, an I'm really dissapointed of this kind of comment. If you really think 'cose you spent to much money attending to you subscription, than PM me, and I will send you money back, just stop spaming this tread, and leave people to concentrate to work...no hard feelings (sorry for my english)

Man you guys got me Ez14u2nv confused with:

I am one of the most greatful people i know who owns an Android phone; AND, I sell phones for AT&T, T-Mobile & Verizon! I play with My Touch's, CliQs, Droids, daily and just got the Devour and Backflip in! I was flashing my g1 daily over a year ago to try to get sense UI or even vanilla using compcache this, swap that, with a little SetCPU on top to run half as smooth as it runs on my beautiful Nexus One thanks to MoDaCo! I have tried EVERY alpha and will upgrade to MoDaCo Plus the day a Retail "Desired"SenseUI is ported; As i know MoDaCo will deliver quality updates both in his forum and builds! THANK YOU MODACO!...

P.S. We sincerely apologize to all "I-Phone Hackers" out there who are offended by that thoughtless comment about the "Pole Smokers". We at View Askew respect the noble "GLOBAL CONGLOMERATE" , and it is not our intention to slight these stupid creatures in any way.

Thank you again and enjoy the show.

THATS A LINE FROM DOGMA BY THE WAY

Sorry for my ENGLISH!

Edited by ez14u2nv

Guest JonnyRockets
ya I tried that. didnt work as quick an its not effortless like the android system makes it. thats why i love google <_<. but thanks. and paul, if you could give us any insight if you may no a workaround or make some option available in the kitchen that would be great.

www.google.com/voice IS the workaround......

???

Edited by JonnyRockets

Guest caveman_78
Has anyone noticed about the softbuttons lighting up bug in this release?

I reply to myself: The lighting softbuttons bug still there.

@Paul

Paul, If I can do something to try to solve this issue like modify some files in ther ROM re-sign it an try It, please feel free to tell me. I love your ROM but I cannot use it due to this issue, and I want to help the other users like me to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

and just for those of us who aren't quite as savvy. How do we enable music controls on the Desire lockscreen???

Edit:

Paul... any chance of full screen rotation in apps?? Cyanogen has enabled this and it's a godsend when using in a car dock, etc..

Not for the foreseeable future...

P

Guest nickustinov

Now, after Paul has successfully "borrowed" desire rom for nexus one, i wonder if developers at htc are going to enable some extra hardware checks in final release so we will not be able to use it on nexus one anymore <_< that would be really sad, you know

N

Guest ez14u2nv
And easily circumvented. Besides, HTC don't mind that i'm doing it. <_<

P

That's beautiful, relieving, and good to know! big SIGH of relief there for me as i was wonderin the same thing!

Just on a sort of on/off topic sidenote...

I baked a rom WITH (no rosie)

Core A12

Live wallpapers

Maps

Messaging N1

Voice Search

YouTube

News

PDF

Teeter

Voice Recorder

Weather

World Clock

Mount USB

Quick Office

Spare Parts

Titanium

Apps2SD

N1 Boot

AND I ADDED INSTALLED HOME++ FROM THE MARKET

FINDINGS:

PROS:

-STEADY 280mb FREE MEMORY

-SUPER FAST!!!

-ANIMATIONS WORKING SMOOTHER THAN EVER ALONG WITH HOME SCREEN SWIPE (spare parts extra slow animations are great but i miss fancy rotate and input)

-Wallpaper selector from home is fixed with 4 selections including stock N1 Wallpapers!

-Dialer button at the bottom of the power strip can be linked to htc dialer witch is my favorte app by far as it ties my dialer, call log, favorites, and all contacts into one tidey screen. When coupled with the browser button i dont need contacts, dialer, favorites, or browser icons freeing up 4 spaces on home screen!

-Auto rotate on home is smooth!

CONS

Home++ does not support live wallpapers or SENSEUI!!! Though i'd give serious donations to someone who could get the sense widgets on home++ OR get the real 7 page widget loaded SENSEUI to scroll as smooth (ala hero/eris).

Guest LilRedzMD

I would like to know how I would start the Nexus One Boot Up Screen instead of HTC Boot Up that Paul just implemented in A12...

Guest markrduk

Just a couple of problems I have noticed.

The Google Mail app will not show images embedded in messages - when I click show images it just goes to a question mark - even though they are just JPGs.

Also (this is a new issue I have noticed since build 11) When I close apps with Advanced Task Killer the reported free memory seems to be messed up. Sometimes the free memory seems to go down when I close a load of apps instead of up! 11 Was the first time I flashed without wiping which could have something to do with it??

Guest vespabonvi

Hello everyone ...... my phone has a built in rom alpha 11 ...... I wanted to know if installing the 12 I lose all my data or just update the system as the cyano 5.0.4.1??

Edited by vespabonvi

Guest johnluckey

I am using the desire ROM on my Nexus one and it rocks!! However, I cannot get HTC sync to work with it and this is important for me. I am running windows 7 Home 64 bit and have already downloaded the 64 bit driver and placed it in the directory below:

4.Extract the driver into a folder. For example, %SystemDrive%:\Program Files (x86)\HTC\HTC Driver\Driver Files\Vista_x64 (for the Windows 7 64-bit) or %SystemDrive%:\Program Files (x86)\HTC\HTC Driver\Driver Files\Vista_x86 (for the Windows 7 32-bit) accordingly.ight DIR

I am using HTC Sync 2.0.18

Has anyone got this to work and know what I am doing wrong? Thanks.

John

Guest gege62

Paul, Is possible to assign at the phone button a different program instead of the default one?

I would like to use super dial because is more complete and configurable.

Thank you in advance for the answer and for your beatiful work.

Guest Chris 85

Thanks again - I'm seriously loving these Roms!!

Is it just me or does the the zoom not work in the camera app? I had the same issue in Alpha 11, flash and 5mp work fine, but no matter what resolution I have the camera set to, it does not zoom at all. I wiped the phone before updating it, but maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Can anyone else get the zoom to work?

Sorry if its a stupid question!!

Thanks again Paul, I really appreciate all the time and effort you put into this for us all! Well worth paying for the add free account!!