MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Bay Harbor Butcher

Paul..I'm waiting for a total compatible Desire rom (different color trackball and 512mb ram activated) so I can wait for weeks.

I have a question..is it possible to extract application Friend Stream from Desire rom and build an apk one?Can you make it usable with widget?

I'd like to try it in my Nexus..thanks so much!

Edited by Bay Harbor Butcher

Guest vespabonvi

Hello everyone ...... my phone has a built in rom alpha 11 ...... I wanted to know if installing the 12 I lose all my data or just update the system as the cyano 5.0.4.1??

Guest robbanw35
Hello everyone ...... my phone has a built in rom alpha 11 ...... I wanted to know if installing the 12 I lose all my data or just update the system as the cyano 5.0.4.1??

Always backup, but no you won't lose data flashing 12 on top of 11

Guest Eurosportler

thanks Paul for this rom!!!

it´s great and fast.

Just one question. i know that the zoom doesn´t work and the flash isn´t in time sometimes. But is it only me, that all the other functions like brigthnes and the iso configuration don´t work? just want to know if its me or a general bug. thanks

greetz

Guest PhonePersona
its freaking stupid to ask people to pay for a cracked OS, there's a reason all the iphone hackers work and provide their work free.

Sounds like you might need to get yourself an iPhone.

It also sounds like you're making a whole lot of assumptions.

Guest PhonePersona
Paul, Is possible to assign at the phone button a different program instead of the default one?

I would like to use super dial because is more complete and configurable.

Thank you in advance for the answer and for your beatiful work.

Your closest option would be to use an app like Anycut, I believe.

Guest PhonePersona

You won't lose your data if you flash 12 over 11, but you may have some unpredictable results using the phone in general that way.

A wipe is currently recommended prior to installing ALL Alphas.

If you're concerned about losing your data, I believe there's a workaround for flashing your data.img file from one ROM to the next (after you've backed it up somewhere of course).

Titanium Backup is also a good option, as is MyBackup Pro.

Guest sahel-74

Hello thanks all for the great job and specially you Paul, i have an question for this great rom, there are already programm for change color of trackball like cyanogen 5.0.4.1 or i need to install before thanks for you answer.

Ps sorry for my bad english because i am french lol...

Coloured trackball coming soon! <_<

Just looking at EPE54B, seeing if there's anything we can use... (there is definitely a new RIL for example)... expect Alpha 13 Monday probably...

P

Guest Bay Harbor Butcher

Just looking at EPE54B, seeing if there's anything we can use... (there is definitely a new RIL for example)... expect Alpha 13 Monday probably...

P

Can you answer my question about Friend Stream?Is it possible to extract from Desire rom and build a apk apps with working widget?

Thanks..

Guest soulpilot

P

Hi Paul i just updated to alpha 12 .there seems to be some problem with my camera app it doesn't open just hangs on black screen tried wipe couple of times(even tried stock rom and cy 5.0.4.1) but no use .............help !

Guest teknologist
Can you answer my question about Friend Stream?Is it possible to extract from Desire rom and build a apk apps with working widget?

Thanks..

Nope,

SenseUI widgets only work on Rosie (the SenseUI launcher)

Guest Docmjldds
So let's do this, everyone who has access to google voice, and is using this ROM lets collaborate see what we can come up with. and let barrage google voice to see if they can throw us a minor update.

I use Google Voice. I read the following a while back and this procedure works for me. The main issue it appears for users here is they want THEIR google voice number to show in the caller ID of the phone/person they are calling. Please correct me here if I am wrong. Anyways, as I read earlier and I verify, this works for the prior statement of caller ID. Use your phone to call your own voice mail number. Enter the 4 digit pin code that should have been setup. When the google voice robot says no waiting messages, it asks if you want to place a call press 2. You then enter the number you want to call followed by pound sign and Google Voice will call that number and Caller ID for the Google call you are now making shows up on the called number. Really only takes a few extra seconds overall to do this. Hope that helps.

Guest The Hero

Great job as always, Paul.

Alpha 12 seems pretty stable so far.

- Titanium Backup after using MCR 1.8 wasn't the best idea, so a clean wipe and re-install and I'm all good.

- Even Bluetooth worked for me the first time out. Haven't tried to re-sync any devices so we will see what happens next time I am in my car.

Only everyday (a program I would use on a daily basis) issue I ran into was HTC Footprints. Program loads, but when I hit the option to create a new footprint, it crashes.

Oh, and Google Voice. Text Messages show as from my GV number but phone calls still show as being from my regular #

Still the man, though!

Edited by The Hero

Guest cortez
Alpha 13 coming up very soon with working trackball notifications and EPE54B merge.

P

slightly confused on the release timeframe. your post at Xda says Monday, but this post implies it will be released sooner. or, it could be my imagination, lol

Guest christonge

Great news about the trackball fix...

Really happy with the Alpha 12 build. Big pluses in this build for me are the keyboard fixes, voice search and the improvement in battery.

Great work Paul :-)

Guest PhonePersona
I use Google Voice. I read the following a while back and this procedure works for me. The main issue it appears for users here is they want THEIR google voice number to show in the caller ID of the phone/person they are calling. Please correct me here if I am wrong. Anyways, as I read earlier and I verify, this works for the prior statement of caller ID. Use your phone to call your own voice mail number. Enter the 4 digit pin code that should have been setup. When the google voice robot says no waiting messages, it asks if you want to place a call press 2. You then enter the number you want to call followed by pound sign and Google Voice will call that number and Caller ID for the Google call you are now making shows up on the called number. Really only takes a few extra seconds overall to do this. Hope that helps.

Seriously, I have no idea what you just said.

Its not matter of 'wanting' your number to show up in anyone's caller ID, its a matter of 'expecting' a call made using Google Voice to use your Google Voice number/line to make the call, not your cellular provider number.

Now this might not be a big deal to some, but it is to me.

I buy credits to make long distance calls on Google Voice, so when I make calls using the application, I expect to use those credits to make the calls and save money.

I make a lot of calls to Africa and T-mobile is NOT my friend in this regard.

So if you have a solution that works, please let me know.

Guest muncheese
Seriously, I have no idea what you just said.

Its not matter of 'wanting' your number to show up in anyone's caller ID, its a matter of 'expecting' a call made using Google Voice to use your Google Voice number/line to make the call, not your cellular provider number.

Now this might not be a big deal to some, but it is to me.

I buy credits to make long distance calls on Google Voice, so when I make calls using the application, I expect to use those credits to make the calls and save money.

I make a lot of calls to Africa and T-mobile is NOT my friend in this regard.

So if you have a solution that works, please let me know.

Maybe you're misunderstanding google voice? It's basically a calling card. As someone who calls out of the country alot, you must be used to using calling cards, no?

I know i am a newbie and new to all this but I am also someone that has paid for being a member which i firmly believe we all should. This man is spending a hell of alot of time working on these ROM's for us. Time that I have read are taking him away from his family. It is really upseting to hear people bitching that is should be free and hurry up and do this and do that. He doesnt work for us. He is just a very smart man that is doing this on his own time to make something nicer then what we already have, and I as well as everybody sould really appriciate it. I sure as hell know i cant do it without him. I still have trouble understanding half of what he is talking about but i am gratefull for all the time he spends on it. Paul, I jyst want to say thank you for everything u have done and that I will be looking forward to whatever you do in the future. You are doing a excellent job and unlike alot of the other posts, i dont want anything else but to say thanks.

Guest LilRedzMD

Does anyone know how to get to the Nexus One Boot Screen instead of the HTC BootScreen that Paul said he implemented in A12. Also can anyone else confirm on the Bluetooth Working?