MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest LilRedzMD

What is the Cyanogen Mod? I've never heard of this...I've just been dealing with the HTC Desire ROM? What is the benefits of Cyanogen Mod? If anyone can explain this in detail it would be greatly appreciated....

Guest LilRedzMD

Greetings and Good Morning Paul,

Will there be a A13 Release today?

If so, can you please provide if possible a list of enhancements and new features in this new ROM update?

Guest Spinstorm

If so, can you please provide if possible a list of enhancements and new features in this new ROM update?

Good Morning? At 3.30pm?

Damn. I am going back to bed.

Guest JonnyRockets
What is the Cyanogen Mod? I've never heard of this...I've just been dealing with the HTC Desire ROM? What is the benefits of Cyanogen Mod? If anyone can explain this in detail it would be greatly appreciated....

Here you go mate:

Cyanogen Mod Info

Guest BoostL33k

There is a channel log in the first couple of posts of the thread that do exactly what you are asking him to do here. Take some time to read before letting your fingers fly with typing a post and you might find the info you are looking for. If more people did that before posting the same thing over and over again these threads would not get to as many pages as they do and it would make it a bit easier to find the info you need with out sifting thru 80+pages of crap.

Guest PhonePersona
There is a channel log in the first couple of posts of the thread that do exactly what you are asking him to do here. Take some time to read before letting your fingers fly with typing a post and you might find the info you are looking for. If more people did that before posting the same thing over and over again these threads would not get to as many pages as they do and it would make it a bit easier to find the info you need with out sifting thru 80+pages of crap.

+1

Guest dr3blanc0

When I put the bookmarks tab it isnt as it's portrayed in the widget folder. Instead of having an actually pic of the site it just says the sites name. Is this a fixable glitch. Also, htc footprints isnt working. I'm running alpha 12.

Guest Jim Zafrani
Push for ActiveSync is working fine for me for the most part. I have noticed however, if I have the phone off and i do some work in email on my notebook, those items are not synched with the phone when I turn it back on. it's kind of weird. However, as long as the phone is connected updates are synched fine.

Thanks for the replies. I know that it is strange. Activesync works just fine with the stock rom. The only difference that I can think about is that the cerificate is not a signed certificate and the stock ROM has the option to accept it while the HTC rom does not (it comes up with a dialog informing of it).

Very strange...

Guest Spinstorm
No it is 10:45am Eastern Standard US Time

But Paul lives in England so it was 3:30pm <_<

I admit that is totally irrelevant but I'm easily amused today!

Guest anthdroid

Exactly!

I had no problem admitting I'm a newb too, but the first question I asked was how to effectively search these threads before asking redundant questions.

WHICH BTW- there is a small search window at the bottom of each page that allows a VERY effective way of searching key words THROUGHOUT THE THREAD!

For instance- Bluetooth, Wallpapers, Lock Screen, Apps XYZ, Shotty 3g, Maps Bug (unnamed roads)...

There are already posts on each of these. We could cut down by at least 1/3rd of the threads by just properly searching before hand.

Not a rant, just want to encourage more of the very act that probably brought us all here in the first place- GOOGLE!

That being said, Alpha 12 is rocking in terms of battery life, overall performance, my voice search is working much more reliably again, I am getting H instead of just 3g, which (if it's true) ROCKS in and of itself- this is something that I've never achieved on Tmo before.

Edited by anthdroid

Guest arene
Where is Paul today ? Have not seen him around.

He's not feeling well today. Maybe a virus.....

One question. Is there something to say about the probability of a working FM radio?

How are the odds of having the radio working when the Desire ROM is "official"?

Guest PhonePersona
He's not feeling well today. Maybe a virus.....

One question. Is there something to say about the probability of a working FM radio?

How are the odds of having the radio working when the Desire ROM is "official"?

If its 'official' then it would simply be a software compatibility issue between the Desire Hardware and the Nexus One hardware, right?

And how different can they really be in the long run (don't answer...that was a rhetorical question <_<)

Its my honest belief that, as Paul starts to get better ROMs to work with and reverse engineer, the radio will stop being an issue.

Edited by PhonePersona

Guest Docmjldds

<<, I am getting H instead of just 3g,

It did seem that at least with the prior 2 or 3 Alphas, my setup here in Las Vegas did revert also to 3G instead of H. Now with 12, it is back to a very consistent H. Wish there was a reliable way to actually run an objective test at a given moment to see the actual difference between a 3G vs H connection WRT a real world test such as watching a video file. It would be too subjective I would think to not be able to run a test within a given back to back time frame.

On another note, has anyone noticed then available Mem (high mem) to be less than prior alphas or using a non Desire Cyanogen Mod. IE....with 9 running processes using advanced task manager I show 159MB free Mem. I know this can be subjective based on what is running, but I believe I used to get more than 200MB free on average with 10 processes or less. Not a major issue by any means. Just curious.

Releases from Alpha 13 onwards include Trackball notifications!

As you may know, the Desire has an optical trackball rather than a conventional trackball, which means notifications are instead sent to the 'dual led', rendering trackball notifications completely inoperative in the Desire ROM. This is one of the very few significant hardware differences between the Passion (Nexus One) and the Bravo (Desire).

Thanks to some brainstorming by myself and lilHermit, together with some clever coding by lilHermit and some merging by me, the solution is here - coloured trackball notifications for Desire ROMs! <_<

The implementation is a little unorthodox, but the end result is very effective. Enjoy! :mellow:

P

Alpha 13 is now online! <_<

P

Changelog

Alpha 13

• TRACKBALL NOTIFICATIONS! See this post for further details!
  • EPE54B RIL library (I recommend you use the latest radio)

Downloading!

Thanks!