MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest m3nster

Still the backlight of the sensor keys is not working for me.

I have tried everything i know, automatic brightness control on/off no difference.

any idea's?

Guest johnluckey

I see the V13 is out with the trackball notifications. I would pay money for a version with the bluetooth working, I still have to lug my touch HD to the gym with me for the wireless music option:( I probably wont upgrade to this one just for the notifications, the current build is working great on my Nexus. I have no problems with The phone acting crazy with SMS's or anything. I am really excited about this ROM and it's potential.

Great work Paul, the year subscription was very worth it!!

Guest LilRedzMD

Paul,

Do we need to flash the latest RADIO on our Nexus One or is it already included in the A13 release? Also would like to know if there is any pros and cons on the new radio (if any at all, most and all forums are saying they are testing the new released radio but find out that it is not at all neccessary to have)? Also would like to know have you encountered any problems where you use the phone and sometimes the other party can not hear you, I have had this problem on 3 diffrent occasions just yesturday and had to power down and reboot my phone in order for people to hear me again....Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks Paul!

Guest 7500usr
Releases from Alpha 13 onwards include Trackball notifications!

As you may know, the Desire has an optical trackball rather than a conventional trackball, which means notifications are instead sent to the 'dual led', rendering trackball notifications completely inoperative in the Desire ROM. This is one of the very few significant hardware differences between the Passion (Nexus One) and the Bravo (Desire).

Thanks to some brainstorming by myself and lilHermit, together with some clever coding by lilHermit and some merging by me, the solution is here - coloured trackball notifications for Desire ROMs! <_<

The implementation is a little unorthodox, but the end result is very effective. Enjoy! :mellow:

P

Great work as always my friend, Trackball is working perfect for me...any word on BT?

Guest serotizm
No movement on BT yet, will look at it again now trackball is sorted. <_<

P

What about camera flash timing? When do you expect it will be fixed? That's the only reason I can't use this awesome ROM yet :mellow:

Guest Thetechnogeek

I wonder if anyone can help me with this alpha- I just can't get it to boot. I'm coming from MCR1.8, did a wipe, and flashed a kitchen build with radio (but without quite a lot of the apps). All I get on reboot is the android coming out of a box picture, then it reverts to recovery. Reflashing doesn't do anything to help unfortunately. But if I wipe and Nandroid restore, that gets me back to MCR1.8 (thankfully).

Interestingly I've also lost the carebear image on Amon recovery somewhere in this process.

Any clues? Do I need to wipe my SD card or anything?

Thanks for the help!

Guest DougEdey

Has anyone managed to get Bluetooth file transfer working even with the BT workaround of flicking the discoverable setting?

I forgot to mention, I am running the Bluetooth file transfer app that used to work fine on Cyanogen/Stock ROMs

Edited by DougEdey

Guest Stea1thmode

Paul, I didn't upgrade to the suggested radio. Am still using the radio from ere79, will it cause me any problems, so far reception , wifi and 3g are as good as it gets.

thanks

Guest katermuc
Releases from Alpha 13 onwards include Trackball notifications!

As you may know, the Desire has an optical trackball rather than a conventional trackball, which means notifications are instead sent to the 'dual led', rendering trackball notifications completely inoperative in the Desire ROM. This is one of the very few significant hardware differences between the Passion (Nexus One) and the Bravo (Desire).

Thanks to some brainstorming by myself and lilHermit, together with some clever coding by lilHermit and some merging by me, the solution is here - coloured trackball notifications for Desire ROMs! <_<

The implementation is a little unorthodox, but the end result is very effective. Enjoy! :mellow:

P

Thanks for the trackball notifications! Is it possible to change the colors? Seems like it's green for both Gmail and SMS?

Guest Stea1thmode
Thanks for the trackball notifications! Is it possible to change the colors? Seems like it's green for both Gmail and SMS?

is it not app dependent?

on hancent you can set it what ever colour you want, well the defaul colours anyway

Guest originalgoast

After this update it look like my voicemail carrier was able to be changed to google voice. Dont know it that was an intended fix but awesome non the less and the trackball notifications are different colors for me. Ive seen a light blue and a green on so far. Good work.

Guest smirnophe
Looking into the screen brightness issue! <_<

P

Desk clock controls it well, really strange but trackball lights rocks :mellow: Thanks again!

(+ On my side still issue with keys backlight...)