MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest themorra
No lighting up touch buttons bug stilll ther. This ROM is another time unusable for nexus like mine. :D

I think I should buy a Desire to be able to enjoy this ROM. :D

I hope future releases will focus in fixes instead of new features so the alpha can be converted in a Beta or in a Final version. <_<

Thanks Paul anyway for your work . :mellow:

You shouldn't have installed the alpha then, just wait for a beta. Or yes, buy a Desire.

I am MORE than happy with this ROM, I know the little issues will get fixed eventually, until then, this gets the job done :(

Kind regards

Guest markrduk
How do you change the colour of the trackball notifications?

You can't. Yet.

P

The trackball colours do seem to be changeable. If you change the LED settings in Handcent for example, it actually changes the colour of the trackball instead now.

C'est très magnifique!

EDIT: Now if only I could press that flashing trackball to turn the screen on...

Edited by markrduk

Guest RTOuk

hi, is anyone else having problems with superuser permissions? it just hangs on a blank screen which says request at the top when ever an app tries a request.

Guest BrumBrum74

Great rom Paul. Great work.

Footprint doesn't work for me and I cannot select any Live wallpapers.

Did full wipe before installing A14.

Edited by BrumBrum74

Guest misticjeff

Great work Paul!!!

and I know you're going to hate me since I keep bringing it up, but....

=================================================

* 360-degree auto-orientation by Optedoblivion

=================================================

I know you have more important things to do such as bluetooth, google voice, etc.... but 360 degree rotation is just awesome for apps.

Thanks again from a VERY satisfied Plus member.

Guest DougEdey
Great rom Paul. Great work.

Footprint doesn't work for me and I cannot select any Live wallpapers.

Try one of the other options (I'm updating atm) but I'm sure you press camera for live, live for static, static for camera

Guest atish solanki

HI PAUL I am really happy to use ur rom but i am confused i dont understan how to update the ril which u say it be great if give the steps and how will i know it is updated or not

Known Issues
  • Bluetooth does not work reliably.
  • Flash timing is sometimes off.

Alpha 14
    • Fix for screen brightness control
      • TRACKBALL NOTIFICATIONS! See this post for further details!
      • EPE54B RIL library (I recommend you use the latest radio)
        • Now includes Teknologist's TCK 0.7. This is based on the official .33 repositories, with only minor tweaks. The ROM is undervolted only for frequencies < 256MHz :mellow:
        • Updated HTC_IME to jonasl's v13, based on my Desire leak
        • RIL updates (more connection quality and stability in my experience) - ERE36B radio recommended
        • Live Wallpapers ordering fix (sorry, wipe required)
        • Optional Nexus One boot animation
        • Desk Clock (Dock) music app fix (now uses HTC Music app)
          • Now includes Teknologist's TCK 0.6. This is based on the official .33 repositories, with only minor tweaks. The ROM is undervolted for the base/stock 245MHz frequency and tweaks the capacitive buttons slightly (thanks kmobs), it uses the CFS I/O scheduler.
          • Now includes a customised HTC Camera application with working flash and 5 megapixel modes.
          • Configuration changes made to try and resolve problem with some missing applications from the market. Please provide feedback.
          • Updated Titanium Backup, WaveSecure and Wired Tether applications.
          • Added Amazon MP3 to the kitchen.
          • Added the option to exclude the HTC World Clock application in favour of the dock friendly Google Desk Clock application.
            • Now includes Teknologist's TCK 0.5. Minor config tweaks to bring config closer to that of the original Bravo after we obtained stock Bravo config.
            • Minor updates to boot image, should fix issues with key backlights and repeat notifications. Also adds flashing LED for notifications.

• Repacked boot image, including TCK 0.4, to avoid flashing issue. Minor kernel config tweaks.
              • 'Car Home' included by request.
              • Bootsound removed - it will be an optional extra in the kitchen. It was annoying me. <_<

Alpha 8

[*]Hugely, HUGELY, optimised for space. Only the framework sits on /data now (and there's 12MB free on system currently!), and I foresee that with more work, we might even be able to fit everything on /system!

[*]dalvik-cache moved to /cache, this frees up a ton of space on /data

[*].32 Custom kernel by myself and teknologist with undervolt for low frequencies only, our usual modules etc. for VPN, tun and the like, props to persiansown for the UC source and cyanogen for the kernel git - this should fix Bluetooth!

[*]USB mount app preinstalled

[*]Maps 4 port by Brut preinstalled which adds multitouch and non US navigation (both tested)

[*]Gallery 3D app from Nexus One preinstalled (multitouch tested and working)

[*]Added default android keyboard with voice search - also fixes voice search issues!

[*]Added alternate news widget from Nexus One (GenieWidget)

[*]Online kitchen for MoDaCo Ad Free / Plus members (see my sig for deets)

[*]Slimmed down customize directory with added en-US - thanks qteknology for the inspiration. All the space counts!

Alpha 7

[*]Fixed issue with ringtones list

Alpha 6

[*]Changes to try and resolve random reboots

Alpha 5

[*]Fixed white screen on boot, wifi and update-script issues

[*]Fixed graphical glitching

Alpha 1-4

[*]Disastrous

Guest bakano

Hey Paul!

Maybe it's my internet, but the link to the trackball post seems to be broken maybe??

orrrrrr anyone else maybe could link me to the post through...something else...? lol k sorry i'm tired =X

Guest BrumBrum74
Try one of the other options (I'm updating atm) but I'm sure you press camera for live, live for static, static for camera

Yep. You're correct.

Thanks.

Guest Spinstorm

My touch buttons are not lighting up.

This is the first time I have had this problem - every other update since the first they have worked fine.

I was driving along in the dark and that is when I noticed they were not lighting up.

Guest PhonePersona
My touch buttons are not lighting up.

This is the first time I have had this problem - every other update since the first they have worked fine.

I was driving along in the dark and that is when I noticed they were not lighting up.

Stop driving in the dark.

kidding <_<

Guest justbabu
Hey Paul!

Maybe it's my internet, but the link to the trackball post seems to be broken maybe??

orrrrrr anyone else maybe could link me to the post through...something else...? lol k sorry i'm tired =X

Here you go: Clicky!

Guest Generix
hi, is anyone else having problems with superuser permissions? it just hangs on a blank screen which says request at the top when ever an app tries a request.

try enabling USB debugging in Settings > Programs > Development

Guest Chris 85

Just updated to A14 - looks to be working really well and I'm loving the coloured trackball - looks ace!

Still can't get any zoom at all in the camera, no matter what resolution I have it on, and did a full wipe before updating to A14.

Also when the flash first started working in A11 was it? -My flash worked perfectly, now since A12 it seems to go off a little early and makes the picture really dark.

I'm soo happy with everything on on this ROM I use it as my day-to-day OS, but the camera is the only thing letting it down at the moment.

I'm just saying what I've found - not in any way criticising by the way! You're doing an amazing job, and it's all really worth the tiny price of the upgrade just to have the ability to use the kitchen.

You're a legend Paul - thanks again!!

Guest Spinstorm
using a14 and the function keys are back lit again :-)

best build yet.

I updated from 13 to 14 and now the buttons are lighting up just like you experienced!

Bit odd as I doubt Paul touched that part of the rom but anyway fixed for now!

Guest ascito
Still can't get any zoom at all in the camera, no matter what resolution I have it on, and did a full wipe before updating to A14.

+1

Guest DougEdey
HI PAUL I am really happy to use ur rom but i am confused i dont understan how to update the ril which u say it be great if give the steps and how will i know it is updated or not

Please read what you QUOTED, the RIL is in the build. There's several thread in this very forum about how to update the radio and if you have access to the kitchen there's an AWESOME tick box which says "Update the radio to"

Guest ascito
Anyone else with the zoom issue, I'm 99.9% certain Paul has already said it's NOT working

Really??? Only over 2.200 post to be certain for real...I can't understand your sarcasm. I'm testing---->reporting. And your post is useless, it adds nothing.

<_<

Edited by ascito

Guest caveman_78
I updated from 13 to 14 and now the buttons are lighting up just like you experienced!

Bit odd as I doubt Paul touched that part of the rom but anyway fixed for now!

Hi,

Did you wipe before flashing each alpha, i did it and did not get my buttons light up again.

Did you have working button lights before alpha 13?

Thanks in advance.

Guest Spinstorm
Hi,

Did you wipe before flashing each alpha, i did it and did not get my buttons light up again.

Did you have working button lights before alpha 13?

Thanks in advance.

I had the buttons lighting up with all the betas.

I then yesterday wiped and went back to stock rom to test out my N1 dock.

I then flashed alpha12 last night from a wipe and then flashed 13 over the top. 12 had the buttons lighting up but 13 didn't.

I then flashed 14 straight over the top. And then started working again. Wierd really. I have been using kitchen'ed roms tho as well - not just the

stock as I wanted the stock android messaging as HTC messaging was buggy.