[ROM] Liquid Community ROM v1.7.3 [27/07/10]

Guest behnaam

Guest Shreedhan

I still can't get it into bootloader, how do I do the adb reboot bootloader in CMD?

Do I need to point to a directory first?

Sometimes shows triangle with an android next to it when trying to get into bootloader...

Any help is appreciated. :-)

Yes you have to go in the SDK folder and Tool folder and after you tape : adb reboot bootloader (All this things into CMD)

Good luck

Edited by bbpoux

Guest Quipeace

Well, bad news here, the person who was supposed to sell me his Liquid backed off... GAH!

Anyway, I just downloaded the .zip, extracted it.

In the system/app folder I found the .apks, I assume they are the default apps that come with the rom?

Now I'm a fan of clean roms, so would it harm to remove some apks? like gmail, facebook and acer-settings>

Also, I'd really like to get into customizing roms, doing some tweaking and stuff. Do you have a couple of links to get me started?

Guest CallahanSWE

Great job guys! Releasing 2.1 already is just awesome! Thank you!

This ROM is a great improvement from the first Eclair leak. Its positive that you made all this progress in such a short time!

Some issues I have encountered and like to report:

- I can not find some of the apps in market (barcode scanner, layar 3 etc). Fingerprint errors?

- It takes ages to open contacts. Also the dialer and even phone part seems sluggish.

- SU problem (probably me doing something wrong SBK)

- Unable to send MMS. I have tried different APN settings and mms sizes. (telia, sweden)

- Voice search does not work (I think this is a known issue).

You are probably already on this so I just want to say once again: GREAT JOB!

Beer money will be sent shortly, promise!

Guest khamees79

Thanks for the great effort.

I flashed the Acer LiqidE.bin , things went fine.

I activated the Debug mode

Installed the drivers. The device gets detected.

But whenever I run the install-superboot-windows.bat , it says (waiting for device) and nothing happens.

what can i do for this?

how to get into bootloader?

kind regards

Edited by khamees79

Guest khamees79

But whenever I run the install-superboot-windows.bat , it says (waiting for device) and nothing happens.

what can i do for this?

kind regards

well, i got it, it was posted a while ago, here are the instruction:

1. turn off your phone (and unplug usb if plugged)

2. press camera + volume up and then without releasing this two buttons hit power and the phone will vibrate two times. Release all buttons.

3. take the battery out and put it back (don't touch any button on the phone)

4. connect the usb to your computer and you will the acer logo and then bootloader will pop up.

i have flashed it thanks guys

Guest Shreedhan

Thanks for all the help guys, I've got it now. A lot smoother than default BIN, I've just got it so I can't really comment on it so far, just need to download the apps I need now :-)

what can i do for this?

kind regards

go into bootloader?

press camera+ > (on the tactil pannel) and power.

I had some problems with this rom, the phone just got slower and slower during the day. Rebooting the phone didnt help. 2 hours ago I wasnt even able to make a phonecall since the contacts-application didnt respond in 20-30 secunds.

Did a wipe from the recovery and now things seems fast as right after first flash.

I hope I dont have to do this every 2-3 day. But the rom havn't had time to get tested that long yet, so hard to tell.

Will report if it goes that way again... Isnt that funny to reinstall all apps and reconfigure everything again when you dont even get any updates ;-)

Edited by xfs

Guest emerald7086
Do you mean that if battery life is important to you, you should stick with "vanilla" Android 1.6 ?

hm...if you're on the road without a charging place for a couple of hours or extra batteries, i'm afraid it's a YES.

in my case, i turned off some animation, using a 2g sim, no background data, with couple of calls about a minute or two, some sms, the batt could live for about 12 hours at max.

Guest behnaam
thanks for telling, cheer! :(

1.1 Uploading - Minor changes like apps2sd support, launcher2 replaced with the faster standard launcher and zipalign on install.

Guest Seth Cold
1.1 Uploading - Minor changes like apps2sd support, launcher2 replaced with the faster standard launcher and zipalign on install.

great! waiting to flash, thanx

Guest behnaam

If you have installed 1.1 and want Launcher2 back, its up as a update.zip in our google code download page. After u flashed the launcher2 back run following command in adb:

adb remount
adb shell launcher.sh
adb reboot[/code]

This will remove the Standard launcher and free up space :(

Edited by behnaam

Guest Running_Roti

hey guys

i have 1.0 community rom installed, how do i flash to 1.1? sry for the noobness lol

is it just following the same steps to install LCR 1.0 zip in hte wiki page?

AKA

put our latest ROM .zip into the root of the SDCard.

Double-Click the file "Reboot to recovery.bat".

Then wait until the device is rebooted into recovery.

Navigate to "apply any .zip from SD" and push the menu key, and then choose the ROM and press menu again.

Wait for the installation to finish.

Reboot.

Congrats, you're done!

or do i have to go through hte whole process again or something?

Edited by Running_Roti

Guest designgears
- Launcher2 replaced with Standard Android Launcher for more speed, update.zip provided for those who want it back look in downloads section - Thanks to DocRambone@xda for launcher

LOL, switched to that lastnight with my aosp build :(

but thats not the issue, its the framework :(

Edited by designgears

Guest eViL D:
why is my id still ACR_Liquid_V1.8?? i never flashed it... went from acr 1.6 to LCR 1.0 and now 1.1

That comes from the build.prop. ROM must be based off of Angio's 1.8

Guest umair9001

I flashed using the Acertool, then superboot and installed the LCR 1.0.zip. After this the IMEI number of the phone was gone.

Then again i flashed using acertool and repeated the steps, i got to get it working.

When i am flashing using acertool, how can i completely wipe out all the mods of LCR 1.0, i.e. even after the flashing, the homescreen is same, many of the features are still there, how can i completely remove this.

Guest eViL D:
I flashed using the Acertool, then superboot and installed the LCR 1.0.zip. After this the IMEI number of the phone was gone.

Then again i flashed using acertool and repeated the steps, i got to get it working.

When i am flashing using acertool, how can i completely wipe out all the mods of LCR 1.0, i.e. even after the flashing, the homescreen is same, many of the features are still there, how can i completely remove this.

Wipe dalvik cache and then perform a wipe after the update completes.