is the call quality on the pulse bad ?

Guest jayjayuk

Guest jayjayuk

ok thinking about getting the pulse but i have read a few things that the call quality is bad with people not being able to hear the caller and so on,as it would be my main phone is the call quality that bad ?

or maybe i should wait for the pulse mini as the mic seems to be in the right place

any advice would be great

Guest meinnit

It's not just the position of the mic, its the general ability of the phone itself to be able to make a good quality call it seems. May be software or hardware related, who knows!

Has anyone tried a good quality handsfree with the phone to see if that fixes the problems?

It's not just the position of the mic, its the general ability of the phone itself to be able to make a good quality call it seems. May be software or hardware related, who knows!

Has anyone tried a good quality handsfree with the phone to see if that fixes the problems?

Using the supplied headphones I can hear the person on the other end very clearly, and I haven't had any complaints (though I haven't really made many calls).

Guest steelgrey75

Well in my experience its not too bad, I have had worse phones in the past. Only problem is there seems to be a slight "buzzing" when the other person speaks, although it seems to be random as sometimes the quality is good.

Like Bakes, I too do not make many calls, mostly texts. Also I find using my bluetooth headset the quality is fine.

Guest meinnit

I use the Pulse to make quite a few calls using the supplied handsfree. Main response is that they can't hear me so I have to speak louder or put the mic closer to my mouth.

I guess it could be worse but I'm just comparing to my past phones which have mostly been Sony Ericssons.

Edited by meinnit

Guest psionandy
I have no problem with call quality at all, wether using the phone or the Nokia branded Bluetooth headset I have

Dave

I've got to say.. I agree with you. No problems calling or being called here