malezRecovery image 0.6.2 + easy installer

Guest malez

Guest malez
I've reflashed the rom..

but the unlock market option doesn't work.. I also made the thing of set the date to 23.59 etc. but nothing

You have answered any of my question. How do you want i help you to solve if your are not more precise ?

My qestions :

have your tried market out of box (without modify whith recovery) ?

Have you tried to "restore original market" in the reco ?

What rom are you using ? i think liquie e 0.014 ?

How have you unlocked market (auto.1.6/2.1) ?

What app are you trying to find ?

Does anyone has problem with unlock maket on Acer_LiquidE_0.014f.01_EMEA bin ?

I am reflashing to original 0.014 to test this

Edited by malez

Guest malez
I've reflashed the rom..

but the unlock market option doesn't work.. I also made the thing of set the date to 23.59 etc. but nothing

I have reflashed my phone to base 0.014

reboot to recovery / unlocked market (auto mode)

I was able to access twidroid pro for example. Market worked well

More over it seems that google has already unlocked market. There is many apps that were not accessible that are now.

So no pb for me.

Guest endamaco

I'm verry sorry malez for not answering to you but I had no time to answer before now..

So I have the0.014 rom..

I tried to download from the market without any modification of the rom and it worked.. Then i use your recovery to unlock the market (2.1 version) and then the issues. it download the app but it didn't install. I tried to restore original market but nothing, it didn't work.

So I reflashed the rom. Tried to download from the market and everything worked. I've unlocked the market (this time 1.6/2.1 autocheck option) and everythign works. till now.. I get another time the same issues.. So I did how cedricgatay: I've clear market updates and then all is working till a second time whan i got the same problem.. For the second time I've cleared the market updates and in this moment it seems all ok.

In this moment the market seems to be unlocked.. a couple of hours ago it wasn't

Edited by endamaco

Guest malez
I'm verry sorry malez for not answering to you but I had no time to answer before now..

So I have the0.014 rom..

I tried to download from the market without any modification of the rom and it worked.. Then i use your recovery to unlock the market (2.1 version) and then the issues. it download the app but it didn't install. I tried to restore original market but nothing, it didn't work.

So I reflashed the rom. Tried to download from the market and everything worked. I've unlocked the market (this time 1.6/2.1 autocheck option) and everythign works. till now.. I get another time the same issues.. So I did how cedricgatay: I've clear market updates and then all is working till a second time whan i got the same problem.. For the second time I've cleared the market updates and in this moment it seems all ok.

In this moment the market seems to be unlocked.. a couple of hours ago it wasn't

So you issue is no relative to the reco. Happy to see it works now.

Guest Vincent227

Hello,

I have upgrade my form to LCD 1.5, and updated my bin but my question is:

I can't restore my old backup i have done this:

- Phone connected with pc

- data.img form my backup uploaded to my SD to the map nandroid.

- then i start malez recovery then i go to Backup/restore then i did nandroid restore ( latest )

But i get this error:

Error : Run nandroid-mobile.sh via console!

hope I have explained my problem better ?

Thanks,

Vincent

Guest malez
Hello,

I have upgrade my form to LCD 1.5, and updated my bin but my question is:

I can't restore my old backup i have done this:

- Phone connected with pc

- data.img form my backup uploaded to my SD to the map nandroid.

- then i start malez recovery then i go to Backup/restore then i did nandroid restore ( latest )

But i get this error:

hope I have explained my problem better ?

Thanks,

Vincent

You are lucky to fail restoring your old backup because

Don't restore backups done on another bin or you will not have any network or any access to you phone via computer

I write in bold so everyone could see it, that is nothing against you. Have you kept the recovery log so i can have a look at it.

Edited by malez

Guest Vincent227

Oke...

Here is my recevery log:

Starting recovery on Sat May 8 17:38:37 2010

framebuffer: fd 4 (480 x 800)

Build : malez-liquid-0.5.3

Fixing execute permissions for /cache

I:Set boot command "boot-recovery"

Command: "/sbin/recovery"

ro.secure=0

ro.allow.mock.location=0

ro.debuggable=0

persist.service.adb.enable=1

ro.sf.lcd_density=240

ro.modversion=malez-liquid-0.5.3

ro.factorytest=0

ro.serialno=recovery

ro.bootmode=unknown

ro.baseband=A1-03.17.02

ro.carrier=unknown

ro.bootloader=1.03.00

ro.hardware=salsa

ro.revision=0

ro.hw_version=4

ro.amss_version=A1-03.17.02

init.svc.busybox=restarting

init.svc.extfsck=running

init.svc.msfsck=stopped

init.svc.recovery=running

init.svc.adbd=running

I:Set boot command ""

Restore latest Nandroid backup ?

Press HOME to confirm,

any other key to abort.

Restoring backup : .

nandroid-mobile v2.2.2.4

Using keyboard, enter a directory name substring and then press <enter>

to find matches or just press <enter> to accept default: Accepting default.

Using string to search for matching backup directories

Looking for the latest backup, will display other choices!

Default backup is the latest: /sdcard/nandroid/recovery/BCDMRS-20100508-1651

Other available backups are:

Using keyboard, enter a unique name substring to change it and press <enter>

or just press <enter> to accept: Accepting default.

Restore path: /sdcard/nandroid/recovery/BCDMRS-20100508-1651

Verifying backup images...

..................................................boot.img: OK

cache.img: OK

data.img: FAILED

misc.img: OK

recovery.img: OK

system.img: OK

md5sum: WARNING: 1 of 6 computed checksums did NOT match

Error: md5sum mismatch, aborting

You backup must be incomplete

Copy recovery.log to SD

Press HOME to confirm,

any other key to abort.

Copying : /sbin/um: line 3: can't create /sys/devices/platform/usb_mass_storage/lun0/file: nonexistent directory

.unmounting /system

unmounting /sdcard

unmounting /data

Thanks,

Vincent

Guest malez

You have the same error as before : corrupted data.img !

data.img: FAILED

You are the only one to have this kind of problems. I have asked you to send me the content of your nandroid backup for ananlyse but you have not done it.

Do it or i won't be able to do more for you.

Edited by malez

Guest malez
i'm sorry,

Here is my nandroid backup.

Link backup

Thanks,

Vincent

I have your backup in hands, you can remove the link and the file from your server.

the data.img file's md5 is correct. I will try to restore your backup on my phone.

Edited by malez

Guest elban

I've downloaded recovery 0.5.3 but it doesn't work. Tried multiple times, both download and install.

Infact md5sum shows a different string: 5f0939e264a5597a0595c4677a1a25bd

Instead of: 8b8873f63b4868e5eb5ebc7fa718e75d

here: http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-malez...mp;can=2&q=

there is even another md5.

Which is the correct one?

Is the current image file corrupted?

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: managed to get the file correctly, from another computer, don't know why... sorry...

Edited by elban

Guest malez
I have your backup in hands, you can remove the link and the file from your server.

the data.img file's md5 is correct. I will try to restore your backup on my phone.

The backup you have provided is good. I was able to restore it on my phone using malez reco 0.5.3, you must have a hardware problem with your phone sd reader or with your sd. Your backup is good and restoration can be done.

REMOVE THE FILE FROM YOUR SERVER. It contains personnal information you don't want anybody to have.

To everybody : If i ask you for a nandroid backup, please provide me the link in a personnal message

Edited by malez

Guest Vincent227
The backup you have provided is good. I was able to restore it on my phone using malez reco 0.5.3, you must have a hardware problem with your phone sd reader or with your sd. Your backup is good and restoration can be done.

REMOVE THE FILE FROM YOUR SERVER. It contains personnal information you don't want anybody to have.

To everybody : If i ask you for a nandroid backup, please provide me the link in a personnal message

I have remove it, Thanks for looking, it's good to hear that my backup works again thanks for testing it.

Question: is there a way to test if my sd reader is alright? or my SD Card ?

Thanks,

Vincent

Guest Vincent227

I have remove it, Thanks for looking, it's good to hear that my backup works again thanks for testing it.

Question: is there a way to test if my sd reader is alright? or my SD Card ?

Thanks,

Vincent

Guest demolition23

Malez, i have Liquid Community ROM v1.6 (with 700mb sd exp partition) and i want to help me..

I want to tell me exactly how to enable apps2sd and how to move them..

Im trying about an hour now..

Edit

OK I found it.

sd partition must be an ext2 one.

Thanks Always enjoy your work

Edited by demolition23

Guest malez
Malez, i have Liquid Community ROM v1.6 (with 700mb sd exp partition) and i want to help me..

I want to tell me exactly how to enable apps2sd and how to move them..

Im trying about an hour now..

Edit

OK I found it.

sd partition must be an ext2 one.

Thanks Always enjoy your work

Yes sd partition must be ext2 partition for applications and fat for the sd card that is used for external storage by the phone. vfat can not be used for application storage because it does not allow enough right/owner management.

To parition the sd card, you can use Partition / Repair SD menu => Partition SD (for exemple 0 swap, 512 ext, remainin fat)

(I know you have found but maybe it can help anyone else)

Guest Barleyman
Clear market updates in settings / application, it will solve this problem

I can't get the market unlocked with 1.105.15 + LCR 1.6 and Malez 0.5.3.

I do assume the above actually refers to "clear cache" button for the "market" application because it's the only thing anything like that I could find under applications (with "all" filter).

I installed a bunch of apps before trying to unlock market, apparently that's a bad thing to do. I have also tried both "auto" and 2.1 unlock methods as well as going back locked market.

I'm not sure if I was required to reboot between trying those things but I tried anyways.

So after unlocking market, I reboot the phone (from menu), set clock to 23.59, wait until 00.02, open market and do not see any paid or copy protected apps. What to do?

Guest malez
I can't get the market unlocked with 1.105.15 + LCR 1.6 and Malez 0.5.3.

I do assume the above actually refers to "clear cache" button for the "market" application because it's the only thing anything like that I could find under applications (with "all" filter).

I installed a bunch of apps before trying to unlock market, apparently that's a bad thing to do. I have also tried both "auto" and 2.1 unlock methods as well as going back locked market.

I'm not sure if I was required to reboot between trying those things but I tried anyways.

So after unlocking market, I reboot the phone (from menu), set clock to 23.59, wait until 00.02, open market and do not see any paid or copy protected apps. What to do?

LCR 1.6 already have an unlocked market, so you don't need to do it. Maybe it is relative to your provider, try market enabler to change you provider id

Edited by malez

Guest Barleyman
LCR 1.6 already have an unlocked market, so you don't need to do it. Maybe it is relative to your provider, try market enabler to change you provider id

Yup, that works. Well, mostly. I think the actual store I'm accessing is the US store as I can't see skype beta.. But mostly I can see paid/drm apps now.

Edited by Barleyman

Guest malez
Yup, that works. Well, mostly. I think the actual store I'm accessing is the US store as I can't see skype beta.. But mostly I can see paid apps now.

One app to check if you have access to some resticted paid app can be "wikango"

Guest G_Technik

malez

Could you tell me if 0.5.3 works with Liquid_2.000.16_EMEA_GEN1 or I have to use another version?

Edited by G_Technik

Guest malez
malez

Could you tell me if 0.5.3 works with Liquid_2.000.16_EMEA_GEN1 or I have to use another version?

It works with all versions

Guest diliDe

Hello,

PLS help me!

Yesterday evening I had some spare time so I tried a couple of ROM versions on my liquid and of course used malezRecovery to backup when needed. It was fun till I lost track of which backup being on which sd card of mine, and I ended up recovering a backup to an other rom version than it was backed up from. I read in this thread before that one should not do so, and this was not my intention, but it's already too late.

Is there any way to solve this, or is this the end of my liquid as a phone?

Thanks, diliDe

Edited by diliDe

Guest malez
Hello,

PLS help me!

Yesterday evening I had some spare time so I tried a couple of ROM versions on my liquid and of course used malezRecovery to backup when needed. It was fun till I lost track of which backup being on which sd card of mine, and I ended up recovering a backup to an other rom version than it was backed up from. I read in this thread before that one should not do so, and this was not my intention, but it's already too late.

Is there any way to solve this, or is this the end of my liquid as a phone?

Thanks, diliDe

You problem is that you have restored a backup in which boot and system are older tahn your baseband. You can try to boot in recovery mode and reflash the phone using acer tool. You phone could be detected by the tool.

If you boot into bootloader, can you give me the exacts version that are displayed so i can tell you what rom you must restore on it and maybe provide you a backup matching your config.