[A work around found :)]short missed calls converted to unknown entries in call log

Guest mudy20012001

Guest mudy20012001

I have observed one thing..whenever there is a short missed call and my phone is in locked state..it wakes up in 3-4 sec..if this call happens to be a missed call (only 1-2 rings heard on the caller's end), my phone doesnt recognize that number (even if it is present in my contacts) neither it shows which number i missed...so frustrating..any body else experienced this?

any workaround? i tried many registry tweaks posted on internet, nothing helped..hard reset my phone..but problem still there..

[Work around which is actually working on my B7610 6.1]

1. I installed Status Led v0.4 on, and selected option of using no locl screen of my device

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/301392/...d-v0-4/page/80/

2. I always keep 1 message unread, so the the above program doesnt let my device go in sleep mode

3. I dont use the hardware buttong of device to lock my phone(which i believe is programed to make ur phone sleep even if you installed the status led app), i use S2U2 instead

4. So, now i get instant rings even if my phone is locked(using S2U2 only, if u use device button to lock device again the call delay)

6. Other findings about this workaround

Keep you device on cpu auto mode (for high it consumes battery so quickly..ur battery juice will be finised in ~20hrs)

I keep my backlight time of 10secs, and Turn off device setting to 2 mins..I get my device working for 1.5 - 2 days without charging and my routine usage

Whenever i want to save battery i dont use S2U2 to lock my device but hardware button(obviously the call delay would be apparent now, on night when i go to bed i prefer this way)

I know its not a perfect solution, but i am not a WM guy i used to have symbian so new to WM..i have searched alot for this issue but no one seems to have provide any concerete solution for omnia or WM6.1..

THERE ARE FEW POINTER TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM, which i request the senior folks of this forum to have look into

1. the problem is more related to power management of the device, which puts of the call module of device when we press the hardware lock button

below is a link for WM5 for effective power management to stop device go in sleep mode and operate on low power IT DOESNT WORK ON OMNIA PRO..I HAD TO HARD RESET MY DEVICE WHEN I INSTALLED IT..please see the powermanagement cab and same can be developed for omnia pro (techies please)

2. the Status Led program can be enhanced to work without keeping messages in unread state(see above point #!) and to operate in even low power consuming state

3. An app can be developed from scratch to keep device awake and on very low power consuption will solve our ring delay problem..

Guys please try to workaround and let me know..

Senior guys and techies please help us solve the problem

Edited by mudy20012001

Guest ttrevelian

what rom are you using?

I am having the same problem with 6.5.3 and as far as I know it is related to build 28205

I dont recall having this problem with other builds

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sestka

B7610 is my third WM phone and none of my previous WM phones does this. So it is not related to WM but to B7610 and it doesnt depend on ROM version.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ninja_Gundam

I have that exactly problem with mine B7620 6.5 wm too... and i have not with other devices.. so what the hell!?!?!? :)

Also it rings later than others wm phone ;) i've tried with mp3 and wma too rings :P

Chooo

• 7 months later...
Guest jappoman

Same problem here! wm 6.1 rom II6!

it is a very annoyng situation... and also dangerous because if someone hasn't enougth money on the phone and only ring me to call him back ... well i don't know who he is !!!!

solutions ? :)

• 4 months later...
Guest doan viet
Same problem here! wm 6.1 rom II6!

it is a very annoyng situation... and also dangerous because if someone hasn't enougth money on the phone and only ring me to call him back ... well i don't know who he is !!!!

solutions ? :(

same problem here, i dont really know who calling so that i can not call them back

is there any solution yet? i use 6.1 21006v3 ROM