touchwiz skinned sms and email apps?

Guest snapz54

Guest snapz54

I just got my Omnia 2 today. I was expecting the deeply skinned Windows mobile, reviews saying constantly that it goes several layers deep. The first thing I clicked on was the sms and then email apps and I'm looking at the default windows mobile screens? Where is the sexy O2 skinned sms and email apps? Do I have to toggle them on somewhere? are they only on the i8000? If so, what the badword? :(

Guest snapz54
I just got my Omnia 2 today. I was expecting the deeply skinned Windows mobile, reviews saying constantly that it goes several layers deep. The first thing I clicked on was the sms and then email apps and I'm looking at the default windows mobile screens? Where is the sexy O2 skinned sms and email apps? Do I have to toggle them on somewhere? are they only on the i8000? If so, what the badword? :(

really? nobody? someone anyone have some info on this?

Guest rgsekula

I have a VZW Us omnia2.

the apps exist though? Is there no way to get this working on ours>

i tried messing around with these (reg edits/ jinbox cab) awhile back but failed to get it to work "perfectly" with my active sync/ gmail account.

I also attached a jinbox.cab that i found on the intardnets. this will "skin" all the mssging/outlook windows UIs in the same fashion as the Samsung TouchWiz Interface, similar to the SilverInbox.exe on the original Omnia.

apparently it is not pre-installed on the VZW omnia; i couldn't find it in the /windows.

the cab should give you the necessary software and take over your mssging accounts, you might have to play with the below reg edits to get everything straight.

You have to edit the registry- this is for default email

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSINBOX

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSPOUTLOOK

String 1 in both needs to be changed to jinbox.exe

frome here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...p/#entry1118809

and this: i tried working this backwards b/c i wanted the opposite. - from the tips stickey

SMS/Email

* Enable Samsung skinned Email application: In more recent ROMs the Samsung messaging application has only included the SMS folders unlike older Samsung ROMs which allowed you to setup and navigate through email accounts within the Samsung messaging app. If you would like to re-enable this feature you can edit this registry setting: HKLM\Software\Samsung\JINBOX - change the ShowEmailAccounts entry from 0 to 1. Restart the Samsung messaging app and now you will have access to the email folders as well as SMS.

* Disable the Threading SMS in Samsung SMS skinned application

Go to HKLM/Software/Samsung/JINBOX and set "ThreadedViewDisabled" from 0 to 1.

After changing you need to softreset your device.

* Disable the skinned apps for email (1) and sms (2) and enable threading message (3) [using tmail.exe]. You will need to change 3 registry entry:

1) HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\Note\DLL

change the value from emform.dll to htmlnote.dll (in current firmware IJ6 this is already set)

2) HKCU\Sofware\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\SMStext\DLL

change the value from mms.dll to htmlnote.dll

3) HKCU\Sofware\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\OEM\SMSInboxThreadingDisabled

change the value from 1 to 0

There are a couple of side effects to this though.

1) No name-type-ahead for the SMSes that you compose via tmail. You have to select the recipients from the address book. (This could be fixed if you disable T9 and enable the WinMo text prediction, read the Inputing section)

you can also try this: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...ung-messagebox/

JINBOX.CAB

Edited by rgsekula

Guest snapz54

The Jinbox cab is the old cab i think sector did from the omnia lite. It is wrong resolution and buggy. Omnia 2 is wvga. I really do appreciate you trying though, I'm attempting the other solutions you posted now.

Guest snapz54
Maybe you could try the cabs from i8000? (NO IDEA if they will work on i920 or may cause any problems)

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...abs-repository/

tried the different stuff on there and nothing really worked, I'll try to post details later but none of the cabs or fixes recreated the experience you see in video walkthroughs of the i8000