Sign in to follow this  
Maxwell Newton

TomTom stops bluetooth

After installing tomtom7 bluetooth stops working, only a hard reset fixes this.

So far i have tried renaming and deleting these files:

\windows\BtSdkCE30.dll

\windows\BtCoreIf.dll

I have found that even if you rename it first then delete it (to get around the 'file in use' message) i new one pops up after soft reset and BT still doesnt work.

I have tried editing the cab and taking these files out then installing after a hard reset, still bluetooth does not work.

These are the only fixes i can find on the internet, anyone else have any ideas? A few sites i tried to look at for help were blocked by my university firewall, so other people may be able to find an answer where i could not. I have also contacted HTC without a reply.

Thanks,

Max

After installing tomtom7 bluetooth stops working, only a hard reset fixes this.

So far i have tried renaming and deleting these files:

\windows\BtSdkCE30.dll

\windows\BtCoreIf.dll

I have found that even if you rename it first then delete it (to get around the 'file in use' message) i new one pops up after soft reset and BT still doesnt work.

I have tried editing the cab and taking these files out then installing after a hard reset, still bluetooth does not work.

These are the only fixes i can find on the internet, anyone else have any ideas? A few sites i tried to look at for help were blocked by my university firewall, so other people may be able to find an answer where i could not. I have also contacted HTC without a reply.

Thanks,

Max

I had the same problem on the first start up of tomtom 7 and found the solution you mentioned above in another forom.

Deleted the two files, never had a problem after that.

Make sure you change the file properties from "read only", not sure if i had to do that, but dont understand why files would re-appear after beign deleted.

I installed TomTom 7 on mine when I got it, and no problems at all with Bluetooth. Bluetooth wasn't on when I installed either.

Thinking about it, I just moved the MicroSDHC card from my previous phone to this one and just added a shortcut and done. No installation required.