V2 Notes

Most everything now runs from the "Start Kitchen.cmd"

Updated tools

updated commands

Fine tuned EXTreloc porting

more read me instructions

command interface

only one oem or sys at a time

Kitchen includes stock OEM, SYS, ReadMe notes for layout and test run .... also includes updated tools and other usefull tools

EXTReloc has put out some of the fastest roms I have ever built for my devices

Can be easily changed to support most htc devices

Kitchen encludes NEW IMGFSFromDump-TURBO v2.2.2 to support (LZX/XPR/None) compression thanks airxtreme

Edited by hartv427

Guest hartv427
Looks very cool hartv, I'll give it a shot, looks like WoZ's guessing the tree is the same?

Yes the tree is similar to WoZZeR's

LZX compression is done diferentlly no need for the imgfs.src

and the build process is a little different

I can only take credit some of the code & stripping down the Os.nb's

If you want to try a full kitchen I posted my my last build here

23081Kitchen

Edited by hartv427

Guest lioryte
Yes the tree is similar to WoZZeR's

LZX compression is done diferentlly no need for the imgfs.src

and the build process is a little different

I can only take credit some of the code & stripping down the Os.nb's

Recmod batch is yours?

Edit: Nice I like how you set the options

Edited by lioryte

Guest hartv427
Recmod batch is yours?

RecModCommon.vbs was written by joojoobee I beleive

I changed the .cmd for this kitchen

but the RecModCommonFiles.txt is mine

I like it better

Guest waremike32

Nice work Hartv427 & thanks for sharing! I like these simply scripted kitchens, it's really easy to see what the kitchen is doing. I think we've got more kitchens than cooks now lol. Come on people, get cookin'!!! :(

-Quick question: Both the build.cmd and build_FIXATTRIB.cmd point to your BuildRom_FIXATTRIB.bat in\Tools. My guess is that the build.cmd should call the BuildRom.bat.

I'm not great with scripts, but my guess is it should be

start "Creating ROM..." /D temp /WAIT "%~d0%~p0TOOLS\BuildROM.bat"
Instead of the current:
start "Creating ROM..." /D temp /WAIT "%~d0%~p0TOOLS\BuildROM_FIXATTRIB.bat"

Edited by waremike32

Guest hartv427
Nice work Hartv427 & thanks for sharing! I like these simply scripted kitchens, it's really easy to see what the kitchen is doing. I think we've got more kitchens than cooks now lol. Come on people, get cookin'!!! :(

-Quick question: Both the build.cmd and build_FIXATTRIB.cmd point to your BuildRom_FIXATTRIB.bat in\Tools. My guess is that the build.cmd should call the BuildRom.bat.

I'm not great with scripts, but my guess is it should be

start "Creating ROM..." /D temp /WAIT "%~d0%~p0TOOLS\BuildROM.bat"
Instead of the current:
start "Creating ROM..." /D temp /WAIT "%~d0%~p0TOOLS\BuildROM_FIXATTRIB.bat"

Hmmm you are correct I'll fix that and repost

Guest hartv427
Making kitchens already! :( Nice job, i will definitely take a look at this

Thanks ... I had fun working on it so I wanted to share

Guest waremike32
Thanks ... I had fun working on it so I wanted to share

Just wanted to say, I love the option to switch out OEMs. Really useful for all the testing I do. Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hartv427
Wow, Amazing work! I'll have fun with this :)

Thanks for sharing.

NP have fun with it

also.......

I'll have an update patch for the EXTReloc portion of the kitchen in the morning

The xip porting-reloc process has been fine tuned

It my not be fully automated but Im working on it. ;)

Guest hartv427
Using EXTReloc, I can't seem to get an lzx rom to boot. The same rom (same packages and kitchen settings) boots fine with xpr.

Hmmmm ? did you have the same result with ExtrelocV1. I am away for the weekend but I'll look into that when I get home tommorow sorry for your trouble

Guest waremike32
Hmmmm ? did you have the same result with ExtrelocV1. I am away for the weekend but I'll look into that when I get home tommorow sorry for your trouble

Yeah, same result with V1. XPR works fine, but LZX doesn't boot.

Guest hartv427
Yeah, same result with V1. XPR works fine, but LZX doesn't boot.

OK you could try this "XIP_DEVICE" I have no way to test it until tommorow but I think it will work

if it does XPR should work also if not for now switch back to the oem xip.bin for the "XIP_DEVICE"

also LZX wont work with platformrebuilder unless you switch out the cecompr.dll in oemxipkernel

CC20_LZXxip.zip

Guest waremike32
OK you could try this "XIP_DEVICE" I have no way to test it until tommorow but I think it will work

if it does XPR should work also if not for now switch back to the oem xip.bin for the "XIP_DEVICE"

also LZX wont work with platformrebuilder unless you switch out the cecompr.dll in oemxipkernel

LZX working now :)

On another note, do you know a good method to build a donor xip.bin out of MSXIPkernel? I have had mixed results on my own so far.

edit - I've got it working with this package. Sometimes all we get is the msxipkernel folders, this builds an xip.bin out of it. Tested and working in your EXTreloc kitchen. It is a little quirky though, I had to put the msxipkernel files in the oemxipkernel folder and vice versa to build the xip properly.

BuildXIP_Of_MSXIPKernel.zip

Edited by waremike32

Guest hartv427
LZX working now :)

On another note, do you know a good method toI have had mixed results on my own so far.

edit - I've got it working with this package. Sometimes all we get is the msxipkernel folders, this builds an xip.bin out of it. Tested and working in your EXTreloc kitchen. It is a little quirky though, I had to put the msxipkernel files in the oemxipkernel folder and vice versa to build the xip properly.

Glad LZX is working for you now

I will refine the device xip.bin I uploaded when I get a chance just got home

Refering to EXTReloc....

"build a donor xip.bin out of MSXIPkernel? " I'm not sure if i understand what you ate trying to do the kitchen does the for you

The only file copied from any doner are MSXIPKernel & MSXIPKernelLTK

search for "xcopy /y XIP_DONOR\*.bin xipTools\xip.bin" in EXTReloc.BAT for XIP_DONOR

And

xcopy /y XIP_DEVICE\*.bin xipTools\xip.bin for XIP_DEVICE

the out dir in XIPTools is what you are left with to build the xip_out.bin

if want ot disable something ADD REM to the line you want to disable

also to delete additional files you can use this as a templet

del .\xipTools\OUT\MODULES\hd.dll.txt

rd /s /q .\xipTools\OUT\MODULES\hd.dll

Its all in the EXTReloc.BAT you can change what you would like ;)

or send me the build, origonal doner waht you want to do and I'll reright the code

Edited by hartv427

Guest waremike32

I mean, when porting to new builds, sometimes we don't get a xip.bin. Like a release from DFT, we usually only get the MSXIPKernel and MSXIPKernelLTK packages. So I was looking for a way to create the donor xip.bin out of those two folders.

Guest hartv427
I mean, when porting to new builds, sometimes we don't get a xip.bin. Like a release from DFT, we usually only get the MSXIPKernel and MSXIPKernelLTK packages. So I was looking for a way to create the donor xip.bin out of those two folders.

Ok I see ... I need to look into that more myself

Also I'll reconfigure to replace the cecompr.dll for the device xip.bin only when LZX is selected

Are you running into any other snages ? or ideas for improvement ? thanks for your feedback buy the way

If you want it here is the cecompr.dll i used to fix the device xip.bin for LZX if you would like I dont wnt to use it for XPR because it is much larger

Its my belief the EXTReloc is the way to go for the omnia and I like it for my HTC devices as well

cecompr.dll_LZXimageinfo.txt.zip

Edited by hartv427

Guest waremike32

Yeah, that would be my only suggestion. To automate xip porting for EXTReloc using msxipkernel & msxipkernelLTK, if no donor xip.bin exists.

Everything else works great. I'll try and benchmark some roms against platform rebuilder to see how they match up, but the extreloc roms I've built seem very fast.

I had some trouble with your recmod list, so I've been using my own. It may be skipping a few modules I usually recmod. I notice that ftouchsl won't function unless a few specific modules are recmodded. I haven't nailed down exactly which ones though. I need to try your list again and see if it was my error that caused my issue earlier though.

All in all, the kitchen works great! Very nice work, and thanks again for sharing!

• 3 months later...
Guest toadlife

Just wanted to say thanks for your work here. I own Touch Pro 2 and wanted to try to build using this mysterious "extreloc" tool I kept reading about. I converted your kitchen over to cook for the Rhodium and am now using it.

:)