i8000 WM6.5 ROM (Updated 18 July 2010)

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest unholygid2006

If only secany is back to provide us with the latest official roms. Otherwise we wouldn't be using these chinese roms :P

Flashed so many times.. in the end had to go back to Gary's JB3 lol

Guest Gary Crutcher
If only secany is back to provide us with the latest official roms. Otherwise we wouldn't be using these chinese roms :P

Flashed so many times.. in the end had to go back to Gary's JB3 lol

Me too! Lost count of how many times I've flashed.

Will try to have a European version by end of week.

Guest jebise

this ZUJC2 ROM works just fine for me after a bit of tweaking. One bug i noticed is if you open messaging and put it into landscape mode the deleted items and sent item text is messed up. there is scrolling text behind some other text.

@unholygid2006

Whats that flashlight app you are using, i have been using O2Flash and it works fine until the phone gets locked which messes up?

Edited by jebise

Guest Gary Crutcher

Ok...later this week I will upload the European JC1 rom.

Should I include the new calculator, player, etc. from Chinese JC2 or

leave it as a stock rom?

Guest unholygid2006

@jebise

I not using JC2 rom... O2flash works fine in GC's JB3 rom.

@GC

I think no need to include those stuff from JC2 as the changes are cosmetic. I'm testing the stock European JC1 rom now.. seems to be pretty stable and fast.

Free ram is around 90+ after fresh restart and 80+ after some usage. The lowest i seen it goes down to 70mb+ with IM in background.

post-530494-1269825972_thumb.png

post-530494-1269825981_thumb.png

post-530494-1269825989_thumb.png

post-530494-1269825997_thumb.png

post-530494-1269826008_thumb.png

post-530494-1269826026_thumb.png

Guest Richard2204

Hi All,

I have just got a Omnia II in Canada on Bell. I think that the device is excellent but as always I love to tweak !! I have flashed roms on my older htc devices. I am interested in trying this ultra light Rom as I was quite surprised how little memory there was for both storage & program out of the box. I tried spb mobile shell and very quickly ended up with less than 20 Mb of program memory, from a reset I start off with around 55mb of program memory.

I have downloaded the Octans downloader and the latest Rom from the 1st page of this thread. I have done some reading already and as my phone came with WM6.5 I believe I just need to flash the pda Rom. Is this correct?

My current ROM details are

PDA: I8000LUGIJ6

CSC: I8000LBMCIJ6

Phone: I8000LUGIJ6

I also have a copy of the same Bell Rom that came with my phone so am I safe to flash the PDA Rom's to try and get more storage & program memory? and if I need to can I use the same procedure to re flash the original Rom

Many Thanks in advance for your help

Richard

Guest yr6666
Ok...later this week I will upload the European JC1 rom.

Should I include the new calculator, player, etc. from Chinese JC2 or

leave it as a stock rom?

yes include it, cz jc2 skin more better than jc1, thx

Guest jebise
Hi All,

I have just got a Omnia II in Canada on Bell. I think that the device is excellent but as always I love to tweak !! I have flashed roms on my older htc devices. I am interested in trying this ultra light Rom as I was quite surprised how little memory there was for both storage & program out of the box. I tried spb mobile shell and very quickly ended up with less than 20 Mb of program memory, from a reset I start off with around 55mb of program memory.

I have downloaded the Octans downloader and the latest Rom from the 1st page of this thread. I have done some reading already and as my phone came with WM6.5 I believe I just need to flash the pda Rom. Is this correct?

My current ROM details are

PDA: I8000LUGIJ6

CSC: I8000LBMCIJ6

Phone: I8000LUGIJ6

I also have a copy of the same Bell Rom that came with my phone so am I safe to flash the PDA Rom's to try and get more storage & program memory? and if I need to can I use the same procedure to re flash the original Rom

Many Thanks in advance for your help

Richard

Yes i have the same bell phone (sucks we haven't gotten a official update yet) Just flash the PDA my phone works as normal and i have IJ6 for rest of the parts. Yes you can use the bell dump to flash back if you need to. Probably used dskdump which means you need to convert that to a flashable nb0 file. Search for o2util.exe

Guest yr6666

after 4 day i use 24 mar update rom, i found some bug

volume button doesnt work so i must set volume only from top right tab..

on touch player after play some video music on landscape mod they suddently closed..

sori for my english..

Guest Richard2204
Yes i have the same bell phone (sucks we haven't gotten a official update yet) Just flash the PDA my phone works as normal and i have IJ6 for rest of the parts. Yes you can use the bell dump to flash back if you need to. Probably used dskdump which means you need to convert that to a flashable nb0 file. Search for o2util.exe

Thanks for the reply, which Rom are you using? there seems to be a multitude of information about flashing Roms on this site which is a bit confusing, what procedure did you use? I have Windows 7 32 bit. I do have a spare drive for my laptop which I could easily install XP if I need to.

Is it possible to extract and make a backup of the current Pda rom on my device? sorry for all the questions, I like to get all the information before I start messing !!

Regards

Richard

Guest jebise
Thanks for the reply, which Rom are you using? there seems to be a multitude of information about flashing Roms on this site which is a bit confusing, what procedure did you use? I have Windows 7 32 bit. I do have a spare drive for my laptop which I could easily install XP if I need to.

Is it possible to extract and make a backup of the current Pda rom on my device? sorry for all the questions, I like to get all the information before I start messing !!

Regards

Richard

well you should create your own thread. Bust search for a app called dskdump.exe by sorg, just run the exe using explorer on the phone and wait a bit and you will get a message. ROM_dump.bin will be created in the same folder as dskdump. Take that and drag it onto of the utility i mentioned before (o2util.exe) on a PC and there yah go a prefect backup of your current ROM.

I flashed gary light JC2 and works fine, flashed it used win 7 your gonna have to search for the drivers on this site.

Edited by jebise

Guest NewForce
Customized i8000 Lite/UltraLite ROM (English version only)

27 Mar 2010: JC2 Lite (21897)

ROM specifications:

- ROM based WM 6.5 build 21897 (ZHJC2 Chinese version)

- Preserved: many programs that I like

- Samsung Widgets and Samsung Today screens removed

- Added: new power_on/power_off screens with sound - Thanks Dande!!

- All non-English items removed, except keyboards

- Disabled File Signing/Certificate checking

- SDKCerts installed

- Did not remove the following per requests: MSMoney, MSN Weather, Marketplace

- Samsung Kies fix - now connectes with Kies

- added 4-col Start Menu (Portrait) 10-col Start Menu (Landscape)

- I suggest staying with JB3 CSC if you want to use xT9 language keyboards

- Includes patching tool to change page pool

- About 255MB program storage and 95MB free ram

Note:

- This is a Lite version. You can decide what's Lite or UltraLite. Your memory/mileage may vary.

- Flash with Octans v2.14 - been using this since it was released

- The only reason I use Rapidshare for upload is I'm a premium user. I have plenty of space and

links can retain foreever as long as there is someone downloading. Most importantly, you don't

have to wait a second to download like other free websites. I usually monitor my downloads so

it would be nice to avoid mirrors. However, I allow mirrors but will not update them.

- Lancez for ZHJC2 ROM links

- twopumpchump at xda-developers.com for the link to 21897

- Rodrigofd and Wes who initiated this customized ROM project

- Gig and those Chinese cookers for first ROM customization and tools

- Sorg for his dump tool and information

- PDAMobiz ROM Tool Developer (mrtoto)

- All PDAMobiz ROM Cookers

- Dande for his power_on/off screens and welcomehead.192.png screen

- NewForce for the XT9 "Samsung MLKeypad" which was missing

- SonBlack at PDAViet for info on adding logo to About screen

- Andreas John <[email protected]> for porting bspatch.exe from Unix to Win32

A special thanks to Wes58 for his RomTool program and all the help he has provided me.

Hi Gary,

Just flashed my Omnia2 yesterday night with your new 21897 rom with pagepool set @ 16MB + Singapore IJ2 CSC file.

It not only has a clean visual Today, retained some of the default apps that I like them too, it was also as fast as other rom that I had tested.

So after the experiences of trying various rom's around, think I'd be sticking with your 21897 rom from now on.

Thank you very much bro! :P

Edited by NewForce

Guest quizesilver
@jebise

I not using JC2 rom... O2flash works fine in GC's JB3 rom.

@GC

I think no need to include those stuff from JC2 as the changes are cosmetic. I'm testing the stock European JC1 rom now.. seems to be pretty stable and fast.

Free ram is around 90+ after fresh restart and 80+ after some usage. The lowest i seen it goes down to 70mb+ with IM in background.

AH Finally another one who face the same prob with the chinese rom! if u can use the euro rom ya.

ya GC, if u can pls keep to what u are doing, it is the lite-r version and without tit that some/many of us are liking it. also many user like it to be fully done up. and dun wish to tweak so many after installing.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hi Gary,

Just flashed my Omnia2 yesterday night with your new 21897 rom with pagepool set @ 16MB + Singapore IJ2 CSC file.

It not only has a clean visual Today, retained some of the default apps that I like them too, it was also as fast as other rom that I had tested.

So after the experiences of trying various rom's around, think I'd be sticking with your 21897 rom from now on.

Thank you very much bro! :P

Thanks for the feedback. :(

Guest ku_dq007

Mr. GC,

Thanks for your good rom!

I'm very like your pagepool tools too, can you give me anohter 3 PP_patch files, I want 4.5M, 6M and 8M .Thanks.

btw, can I use your pagepool tools on other ROM? eg, Chinese ROM 21892,21897

Thank you very much!

Guest Gary Crutcher
Mr. GC,

Thanks for your good rom!

I'm very like your pagepool tools too, can you give me anohter 3 PP_patch files, I want 4.5M, 6M and 8M .Thanks.

btw, can I use your pagepool tools on other ROM? eg, Chinese ROM 21892,21897

Thank you very much!

The rom posted is 8MB Pagepool.

Also, I'm not sure I would go below 8MB as performance may take a hit, except for 0PP which is dynamic

pagepool.

The tools will not work on previous versions as there is no patch file available.

Guest quizesilver
Am working on a Euro JC1 rom. Should be posted by this weekend.

great! awaiting!

on 6.5.5?? =D

Edited by quizesilver