i8000 WM6.5 ROM (Updated 18 July 2010)

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest surenz
yeah, btw... how to disable samsung phonebook and sms program?

I cannot believe anyone would actually like them over the standard windows apps..... they are slower and less functional.... and no I don't need mms....

I like the sms application and I want to know how to make windows choose it when some app calls it (i.e. Resco Today plugin) ?

By the way whether somebody faces some lockups with the latest JC1 ROM when tapping fast some softkey and close button after ?

I reflashed twice the ROM and both times I had that problem.

The Euro JC1 corrected all my "characters-shown-like-square" problems but I miss the Large indicator additional icons of wifi, bluetooth and battery percentage and the new look of the Touch player (the latter is correctable with the installation of the cab from JC2)

Guest JezzyJeff

Are you ready to reflash? Reflash the PDA and CSC. Use a multilanguage CSC. When you load the CSC, go to CSC file select in Octans, chose either ATO or AUT to get the German language that you want. Hope this helps

Thanks for the help. Tried, flashed 3 times now but still in englisch, didn't geht me the german rom. i tried with Language = German and DBTJC1, no success, same with AUT and ATO, still englisch ROM. I used secany's multi csc.... Maybe i'll wait for the next update to try it again, getting on my nerves now ^^

Greetz, JJ

Guest Gary Crutcher
Are you ready to reflash? Reflash the PDA and CSC. Use a multilanguage CSC. When you load the CSC, go to CSC file select in Octans, chose either ATO or AUT to get the German language that you want. Hope this helps

Thanks for the help. Tried, flashed 3 times now but still in englisch, didn't geht me the german rom. i tried with Language = German and DBTJC1, no success, same with AUT and ATO, still englisch ROM. I used secany's multi csc.... Maybe i'll wait for the next update to try it again, getting on my nerves now ^^

Greetz, JJ

It's an English rom. You can't change the language.

Guest jebise
Hello Gary, i´m new in this I want to flash my omnia i8000, and I would like to know what are the main differencies beetwen this rom and this one: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...ed-30-mar-2010/

What rom it´s better??

Thanks

6.5.5 is better in my opinion but the only reason i'm not using it is the screen issue. Since the menu at the bottom is larger it cannot display applications properly and you get a bar at the top of the screen. This is a samsung issue and hopefully gets resolved soon.

Guest inxs05
6.5.5 is better in my opinion but the only reason i'm not using it is the screen issue. Since the menu at the bottom is larger it cannot display applications properly and you get a bar at the top of the screen. This is a samsung issue and hopefully gets resolved soon.

ok, but only for that reason?? I imagine one of them is faster than the other one or perhaps have less bug, i have noticed this one give you more memory.

Thanks

Guest jebise
ok, but only for that reason?? I imagine one of them is faster than the other one or perhaps have less bug, i have noticed this one give you more memory.

Thanks

6.5.5 is more of a resource hog same case between 6.1 vs 6.5. But it has office 2010 and suppose to be better with applications and memory management, but again its not the finished product 6.5.5 is a beta version from my knowledge.

Guest Gary Crutcher

Yes, 6.5.5 is a beta version.

It has Windows Mobile Office 2010.

It's supposed to have better memory management.

It uses more resources.

Yes, there is a problem with some screens overlapping the menu buttons

on the bottom, but the buttons still work.

From what I have heard, it is a matter of preference. Some people like the menu

at the top - some like it at the bottom. 6.5.5 is supposed to be more finger-

friendly.

I never did like 6.5.5, but since I made a few 6.5.5 roms and had to test them,

I started to like it.

I am now switching between 6.5 and 6.5.5. Yes, I'm a flash-o-holic. :P

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest Richard2204
Yes, 6.5.5 is a beta version.

It has Windows Mobile Office 2010.

It's supposed to have better memory management.

It uses more resources.

Yes, there is a problem with some screens overlapping the menu buttons

on the bottom, but the buttons still work.

From what I have heard, it is a matter of preference. Some people like the menu

at the top - some like it at the bottom. 6.5.5 is supposed to be more finger-

friendly.

I never did like 6.5.5, but since I made a few 6.5.5 roms and had to test them,

I started to like it.

I am now switching between 6.5 and 6.5.5. Yes, I'm a flash-o-holic. :(

Hi Gary,

I have been hovering around these forums for a while now and I think I have plucked up enough courage to flash my 2 week old Omnia II. I have downloaded Octans 2.14 and followed the procedure to make it work on my 32bit Windows 7 laptop. I did a test earlier and connected my phone and it was found in Octans without any problems. I didn't want to go any further at this point. I have a copy of your Rom do I just load it under the PDA tab and then connect my phone and flash the new Rom? I am assuming I will not loose any of my radio settings, 3G etc? I am not quite sure either if I have to load anything under the MultiCSC or MoviNAND tabs?

I have also made a backup of my original Rom & converted it to a .nbo file. I assume this is the same procedure to revert back to my original Rom?

This is really the last piece of the jigsaw for me and I am eager to start flashing :P

Many thanks in advance for your help

Richard

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hi Gary,

I have been hovering around these forums for a while now and I think I have plucked up enough courage to flash my 2 week old Omnia II. I have downloaded Octans 2.14 and followed the procedure to make it work on my 32bit Windows 7 laptop. I did a test earlier and connected my phone and it was found in Octans without any problems. I didn't want to go any further at this point. I have a copy of your Rom do I just load it under the PDA tab and then connect my phone and flash the new Rom? I am assuming I will not loose any of my radio settings, 3G etc? I am not quite sure either if I have to load anything under the MultiCSC or MoviNAND tabs?

I have also made a backup of my original Rom & converted it to a .nbo file. I assume this is the same procedure to revert back to my original Rom?

This is really the last piece of the jigsaw for me and I am eager to start flashing :P

Many thanks in advance for your help

Richard

Yes, just click on the PDA button in Octans v2.14 and select the rom you want to flash.

After flashing:

If your 3G settings are not preserved, you should be able to go into Samsung settings and select Restore Connections.

Guest Richard2204
Yes, just click on the PDA button in Octans v2.14 and select the rom you want to flash.

After flashing:

If your 3G settings are not preserved, you should be able to go into Samsung settings and select Restore Connections.

Thank you for the quick reply Gary, I have thought of another question... My standard Rom is currently 6.5. Am I ok to flash a Rom of 6.5.x without having to flash the eboot? Could I go down to 6.1 again without flashing the eboot? There are so many Rom's to choose from and I would love to be able to test lots to see which one is the best for me.

Thank you once again for your hard work in producing these custom Rom's and sharing them with the community.

Richard

Guest JezzyJeff
The Euro JC1 I am working on, I am leaving all language files in the rom.

Should work okay with your chinese.cab

Hope to post it tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest.

Am currently using XEUJC1 CSC (Euro version).

Ok i got this post wrong. Thought you meant that we could change the language before flashing.... So whats the point in leaving the language files in the rom if you can't change the langauge?

Guest enrico988
Ok i got this post wrong. Thought you meant that we could change the language before flashing.... So whats the point in leaving the language files in the rom if you can't change the langauge?

Every cooked rom can have only one language, the one the chef dumped from the phone. The other language files are related to the keyboard T9 dictionaries...

Guest Gary Crutcher
Thank you for the quick reply Gary, I have thought of another question... My standard Rom is currently 6.5. Am I ok to flash a Rom of 6.5.x without having to flash the eboot? Could I go down to 6.1 again without flashing the eboot? There are so many Rom's to choose from and I would love to be able to test lots to see which one is the best for me.

Thank you once again for your hard work in producing these custom Rom's and sharing them with the community.

Richard

"go down to 6.1" - did you mean back to 6.5?

No need to reflash the eBoot. Just need to flash the PDA.

I have JC1 CSC and have reflashed JB3 PDA with no problems.

I flash between 6.5 and 6.5.x by just flashing the PDA.

Guest Terry666
No reported issues with syncing.

I re-flashed with the JC2 (which I love) again as I couldn't find a solution and I want to ask 3 questions, can I have caused the problem cause I check the delete CSC? :(

2nd is possible to give us the on-off screens (this with the little bubbles...) :P And 3rd what's the new project... :(

Edited by Terry666

Guest Richard2204
"go down to 6.1" - did you mean back to 6.5?

No need to reflash the eBoot. Just need to flash the PDA.

I have JC1 CSC and have reflashed JB3 PDA with no problems.

I flash between 6.5 and 6.5.x by just flashing the PDA.

Sorry if I confused you, I mean't could I downgrade to a 6.1 Rom without flashing the Eboot? (I am currently on 6.5 stock Rom)

Richard

Guest Gary Crutcher
I re-flashed with the JC2 (which I love) again as I couldn't find a solution and I want to ask 3 questions, can I have caused the problem cause I check the delete CSC? :(

2nd is possible to give us the on-off screens (this with the little bubbles...) :P And 3rd what's the new project... :(

1. I wouldn't check Delete CSC unless there was a very good reason, i.e., a chef says to when flashing their rom.

But, to answer your question - not sure

2. See attached files

3. Still working on the details B)

pwr_on_off.zip

Guest yr6666

for 4 Apr 2010: Euro JC1 Lite on windows default screen i press phone button n there is no respone..

but if i press that from start menu, this function back to normal..

Guest trctex

I love the JC2 rom you did but I have a couple of annoyances that maybe you can help me with.

Current configurations is

PDA: I8000HZHJCR your rom

CSC: I8000HTGYJC2 selected english

Phone I8000XXJB2

1. Can't do data and phone at the same time. I am in the US on AT&T and since the flash when I am connected to data and get a phone call the data drops.

2. Keyboard is a bit different. All keyboards before had numbers 1234567890 on this version it is 0123456789.

Are these things CSC related?

Thanks for your help.

Guest jebise
for 4 Apr 2010: Euro JC1 Lite on windows default screen i press phone button n there is no respone..

but if i press that from start menu, this function back to normal..

yeah that was a issue with JC2 as well the dial button didn't do anything in titianium i just pressed phone and the button started work again. go back a few pages me and gary had a discussion about it.

Guest Gary Crutcher
yeah that was a issue with JC2 as well the dial button didn't do anything in titianium i just pressed phone and the button started work again. go back a few pages me and gary had a discussion about it.

I think it's a titanium issue.

Ask Sonblack about this since he mod'd the interface.