i8000 WM6.5 ROM (Updated 18 July 2010)

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest jebise

can we hope for a weekend release or your way to busy. Finally official 6.5.3, i wonder if us bell customers will get a official update.

Guest Gary Crutcher
can we hope for a weekend release or your way to busy. Finally official 6.5.3, i wonder if us bell customers will get a official update.

I will try but today (Saturday) I need to spend some time with my daughter.

Guest jebise

yes of course, i just wanna flash it so badly been waiting for this. Take your time no rush, hopefully we will get 100MB+ in usable RAM after your release since we already got 96MB with 6.5 and 6.5.3 on stock has 75MB with touchwiz enabled at least that what i get from the screen shots.

I hope for a weekend release but then again take your time spend time with the family and TEST TEST TEST. ;)

One thing i will ask is you remove MSN money and Weather. I know some users want and use it but they can download it from the market place so no use for people that don't use it like me. I know for sure money can be downloaded from the market place not to sure about weather.

Edited by jebise

Guest Terry666
I will try but today (Saturday) I need to spend some time with my daughter.

Spend your time with your daughter mate as its far more valued.

And as for the JD1? ;) NOTHING is better than your JC2... :P PLUS is 6.5.3...... :P

Believe me I tried it... ;) ;)

Guest Uss_Defiant
Spend your time with your daughter mate as its far more valued.

And as for the JD1? ;) NOTHING is better than your JC2... :P PLUS is 6.5.3...... :P

Believe me I tried it... ;) ;)

hah yeah, a 6.5 JD1 would be cool though.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Gary Crutcher

JD4 (WM6.5) will be posted later today.

Will include the following:

- Mobile Office 2010

- Titanium (Revised by Sonblack)

- Soft reset

- Titanium utilities

- DCIM_date changer

- 4-col start menu, 10-col landscape start menu

- m.carroll PureBlack 2 theme

- removed samsung today/widgets and other apps listed as before

Guest plguzman

Same thing I asked about Rapid's new ROM. Why if PP is 8MB the available RAM is 151Mb? In the JD3 ROM I have installed you get 159MB from a 8MB PP. I was expecting over 100MB available with a 6.5 ROM.

Guest Terry666
JD4 Lite now in Post #1.

Please read the README and AppLauncher instructions BEFORE flashing.

Enjoy! :P

6XW23242877893307

Thanks Gary, have an icecream for your daughter :huh:

Guest karos

Hi Gary

We are a little bit confused becauze of samsung.

Should we use JD3 or 6.5 JD4 ?

Which one are you using.

I am using your jd3 but JD4 i the last :huh:

what do you advice?

thanks.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hi Gary

We are a little bit confused becauze of samsung.

Should we use JD3 or 6.5 JD4 ?

Which one are you using.

I am using your jd3 but JD4 i the last :huh:

what do you advice?

thanks.

Choice of ROMs is personal. Some people want the latest ROMs available, others don't.

I am using JD3/23564. I've started to like using wm6.5.5.

Guest Terry666

Hi Gary

Looks fine but I have ONE BIG problem, little after the initial Sync with my Outlook I can't find a way to connect the phone with the PC (Win7 64) :huh:

Previously was dropping the connection till stoped altogether... The PC can see the phone like USB device though if I switch it to...

I need the sync, ANY ideas????

The problem became HUGE :P

I tried to H/R and I succeeded but with the same results, ok in the beginning, droppings and stop communicate with PC after a wile...

When I tried to re-flash then the real bad news... Windows 7 Ult 64 had stoped seeing my phone and even after I reinstalled the driver for it. Lucky me my wife's PC run XP and I managed to re-flash back to my favorite JC2...

But still after that the Windows seeing the phone erratically

It's ONLY me, I have this problems????

ANYBODY???

Edited by Terry666

Guest raymondb
Hi Gary

Looks fine but I have ONE BIG problem, little after the initial Sync with my Outlook I can't find a way to connect the phone with the PC (Win7 64) :huh:

Previously was dropping the connection till stoped altogether... The PC can see the phone like USB device though if I switch it to...

I need the sync, ANY ideas????

The problem became HUGE :P

I tried to H/R and I succeeded but with the same results, ok in the beginning, droppings and stop communicate with PC after a wile...

When I tried to re-flash then the real bad news... Windows 7 Ult 64 had stoped seeing my phone and even after I reinstalled the driver for it. Lucky me my wife's PC run XP and I managed to re-flash back to my favorite JC2...

But still after that the Windows seeing the phone erratically

It's ONLY me, I have this problems????

ANYBODY???

Mine is similar but not exactly the same. I flashed to JD4 with Rapid's semi-lite rom, the phone hung each time when it was connected to my pc with vista os. Tried with other earlier version roms, but the problem still persist.

I finally managed to get my phone communicate with the pc after I flashed the phone with all parts of the full JD4 rom. Guess may be some vital items were removed in the cooked rom....

Guest Terry666
Mine is similar but not exactly the same. I flashed to JD4 with Rapid's semi-lite rom, the phone hung each time when it was connected to my pc with vista os. Tried with other earlier version roms, but the problem still persist.

I finally managed to get my phone communicate with the pc after I flashed the phone with all parts of the full JD4 rom. Guess may be some vital items were removed in the cooked rom....

I din't dare to flash with the full JD4 and as I still have the problem even with the JC2 back, I think maybe the flashing caused some problem to the Windows... I don't know...

What Windows you have?

BTW I can't flash anymore with any OCTAN... They can't see the phone... :huh:

Edited by Terry666

Guest raymondb
I din't dare to flash with the full JD4 and as I still have the problem even with the JC2 back, I think maybe the flashing caused some problem to the Windows... I don't know...

What Windows you have?

I'm using Vista.

Guest Gary Crutcher

What Windows you have?

BTW I can't flash anymore with any OCTAN... They can't see the phone... :huh:

Did you check your phone connection under XP?

I have noticed that with JD4, my memory went down to 151MB available from 159MB.

I have not flashed the JB4 eBoot and do not plan to. Could be something in JD4 that

got broken when Samsung/MS made the new rom. Not sure.