i8000 WM6.5 ROM (Updated 18 July 2010)

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest Terry666
Hi Gary!

If you plan to make lite JF5 ROM, PLEASE leave untouched most of Samsung's Stuff (Cube, Samsung Today) and Default Titanium.

Then how we can call it LITE mate???? :)

Lightly LITE maybe :D

Edited by Terry666

Guest hung ng

HI Gary,

I really love your cooked rom. But Would appreciate if you do NOT remove SAMSUNG TODAY.

May be a so many other brothers also like SAMSUNG TODAY because:

- It's very fast. Omnia II only got 256 MB RAM. other 512 MB

- It's can display a lot of shortcut and info so don't waste time to press start then open the program you want

I already try to intall SS today with your latest ROM (event i select My device as destination) but can not change any shortcut

Thanks a lot for your good and hard work

Guest Gary Crutcher
HI Gary,

I really love your cooked rom. But Would appreciate if you do NOT remove SAMSUNG TODAY.

May be a so many other brothers also like SAMSUNG TODAY because:

- It's very fast. Omnia II only got 256 MB RAM. other 512 MB

- It's can display a lot of shortcut and info so don't waste time to press start then open the program you want

I already try to intall SS today with your latest ROM (event i select My device as destination) but can not change any shortcut

Thanks a lot for your good and hard work

The next release JF5 will have Samsung today. Not sure when I will release it as I am very busy with midterm exams

this week and next. Will try to get it cooked within the next 4-6 days. Also just got a Samsung Galaxy S - amazing phone! - which I am playing with.

Guest Gary Crutcher
You are the best! I'm downloading it! Thank you, Gary!

Please post feedback. Am currently learning about making Android ROMs

for my Samsung Galaxy S

Guest itsme_4ucz

Am a Fan of your roms!! Could you please consider make a JF5 (6.5.5 23569/73) lite ..

p.s: Am using GC_JD3_23563_Lite right now...

Thanks~!!!

Guest spsingh

Dear friends

I Want to download Official Wm 6.1 English rom.

Please help me from where I can download 6.1 official rom.

thanks

spsingh

India

Guest Gary Crutcher
Am a Fan of your roms!! Could you please consider make a JF5 (6.5.5 23569/73) lite ..

p.s: Am using GC_JD3_23563_Lite right now...

Thanks~!!!

Wouldn't you prefer newer System code as with the 6.5.3 branch, instead of the older 6.5.5 branch?

Guest itsme_4ucz
Wouldn't you prefer newer System code as with the 6.5.3 branch, instead of the older 6.5.5 branch?

Absolutely, my bad!! I may posted in the wrong thread, but you have released JE3/23670, any plans of JF5 with the latest windows build?

Thanks!!

Guest night.fox
Absolutely, my bad!! I may posted in the wrong thread, but you have released JE3/23670, any plans of JF5 with the latest windows build?

Thanks!!

I think Gary made already JF5 lite. check his first post

oooppsss my mistake..... gary did not make JF5 with latest build....

Edited by night.fox

Guest Gary Crutcher
I think Gary made already JF5 lite. check his first post

oooppsss my mistake..... gary did not make JF5 with latest build....

I am working on a JF5/23670 (6.5.3). Should be ready by midweek.

Guest makmp

First of all i'd like to thank you for those ROMs you always offer to us. I've noticed a problem with the last rom (18/07/2010) you gave . When using SPB mobile shell 3.5.3 or 3.5.5 you can't connect to the internet to get wallpapers for the SPB, neither to get a contact picture from facebook. Tried different webview.dlls but these 2 services i described above didnt work. The browser works fine and the weather's update too. Have you got any idea of what the problem is caused by?

Guest kipps

Hey Gary your rom fitts me the best of the others:)

Could you tell me how to add standard samsung main menu to your rom? I need the easiest expanation :angry:

Guest ra6o74
I am working on a JF5/23670 (6.5.3). Should be ready by midweek.

Hi Gary!

Thank you for the Lite JF5 ROM with Samsung Today - one of the Best!

Guest Gary Crutcher
First of all i'd like to thank you for those ROMs you always offer to us. I've noticed a problem with the last rom (18/07/2010) you gave . When using SPB mobile shell 3.5.3 or 3.5.5 you can't connect to the internet to get wallpapers for the SPB, neither to get a contact picture from facebook. Tried different webview.dlls but these 2 services i described above didnt work. The browser works fine and the weather's update too. Have you got any idea of what the problem is caused by?

Not sure what is happening. I do own a copy of SPB mobile shell, but do not use it anymore as it is a memory hog.

Could be some something changed in the ROM code I used and is affecting the use of SBP. No one else has mentioned

problems with the rom.

Guest makmp

Thanks a lot i'll try to find out. It's a JF5 bug i reckon as it's doing the same with the official too

Not sure what is happening. I do own a copy of SPB mobile shell, but do not use it anymore as it is a memory hog.

Could be some something changed in the ROM code I used and is affecting the use of SBP. No one else has mentioned

problems with the rom.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Thanks a lot i'll try to find out. It's a JF5 bug i reckon as it's doing the same with the official too

Thanks for the feedback. Good to know it's not something I did during cooking

of the rom.

Guest jkgtan

Hi Gary, any chance to link your download to megadownload or multidownload.

Here in S'pore, look like everybody is sharing the same IP and it's impossible to download yr latest JF5 6.5.x Lite ROM.

Thank you

Guest Dwarlor

Thanks for a great Rom! Real fast and responsive... (I've only been using it for about two hours) But for now...

My new favorite!

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hi Gary, any chance to link your download to megadownload or multidownload.

Here in S'pore, look like everybody is sharing the same IP and it's impossible to download yr latest JF5 6.5.x Lite ROM.

Thank you

If you are referring the JF5/23670 ROM, it is already posted on Megaupload:

GC JF5/23670 Lite

Guest jayzx
If you are referring the JF5/23670 ROM, it is already posted on Megaupload:

GC JF5/23670 Lite

Thanks for the great ROM but could you help me my omnia cannot connect to internet via active sync always connect to gprs?

Guest johnchua55

i think you need to go to Settings .... browser connections .... choose INTERNET .... not WAP .... or choose auto i think may work also