XXJB3 - new ROM, semi-official

Guest Rdy2Go

Guest Hellion666

Does anybody else have problems with the samsung today screen and notifications? When there is a notification e.g. from the calender i see the this icon, that looks like a bell, but i can't show the notification.

Guest gaguirre04
Same issue of JB1 with Samsung Phonebook app. - jf you use to sync the phone with Activesync and you set speed dials, the Phonebook crashes 99% of the times you open the application. If you don't use it with Outlook, seems there are no problems. I'm going back to JA5 again.. <_<

Panateo, I've just flashed with JA5, but there is no posibility of turning off backlight. It's that possible?

Setting>Display and Light>Backlight time... If we could turn this backlight off, maybe could gain an extra battery duration?

I just flashed my I8000L pda part, csc part, phone part and eboot part with this ROM and it works everything well.

Wow... thanks for the confirmation! Quite a kamikaze thing for you to do! <_< Glad it worked though

I just flashed my I8000L pda part, csc part, phone part and eboot part with this ROM and it works everything well.

Wow... thanks for the confirmation! Quite a kamikaze thing for you to do! <_< Glad it worked though

Guest nipip

I installed everything from JB1 but phone on my i8000L without problems.

I dont know "all works" mean for i8000 phone part, so i skiped it.

It needs a very deep testing to confirm the correct hardware functions, literally "all" must be tested: radio/sound/gps/conectivity/screen/battery...........even microsd access.

With i900 there were several roms runnig ok on both models, could be possible the same for i8000L.

Will be great to extract another phone part directly from a new i8000L, mine is VDIJ1.

Guest plguzman

I have a i900L and you could flash a i900 ROM in it without problems (the phone won't be bricked). The only problem is that you lose the 3G signal. In the days where the ROMs were a "package" (Eboot, PDA, Phone, CSC all together) I used a i900 ROM, then flashed the phone using grandprix. I guess the same can be done with i8000....

It needs a very deep testing to confirm the correct hardware functions, literally "all" must be tested: radio/sound/gps/conectivity/screen/battery...........even microsd access.

With i900 there were several roms runnig ok on both models, could be possible the same for i8000L.

Will be great to extract another phone part directly from a new i8000L, mine is VDIJ1.

From JB1 or did you mean from JB3?

I'm wondering mostly about the JB3 EBoot from that polish site... quite a big step to tame to flash it to our phone (I8000L) <_<

Guest xaznxplaya

I'm wondering mostly about the JB3 EBoot from that polish site... quite a big step to tame to flash it to our phone (I8000L) <_<

Currently using i8000L and flashed the JB3's EBOOT as well.

Guest slavke1976

Hi, this is not first ROM that i flashed everything on my i8000L, i did several time with JA5, JB1 and this last with JB3 ROM, and no problem at all with my phone, maybe it is because i am from Europe and here we dont use same bands as in USA, but for now all is working well, i dont use video calls but when i am in area where is 3G network i have an icon on taskbar that 3G is available.

Also i was cheked under battery to see if my Omnia is really i8000L because i was surprised that all is working well <_<

Guest nipip

I'm wondering mostly about the JB3 EBoot from that polish site... quite a big step to tame to flash it to our phone (I8000L) :mellow:

Was JB1 at that moment, now JB3 <_<

I still consider too risky to flash phone part on i8000L without proper backup and a concrete known benefit.

JB3 only has pda, eboot/phone/csc are JB1 version

Guest Rdy2Go
Was JB1 at that moment, now JB3 <_<

I still consider too risky to flash phone part on i8000L without proper backup and a concrete known benefit.

JB3 only has pda, eboot/phone/csc are JB1 version

Not true!

CSC, PDA and EBOOT are JB3 version

The only part unchanged is the phone part (JB1)