Android x86

Guest nicandris

Guest nicandris

Didn't found it anywhere in Modaco so this is a heads-up. I'm not in the development crew, I'm just an enthousiast.

http://www.android-x86.org/

This is a project to port Android open source project to x86 platform, formerly known as "patch hosting for android x86 support". The original plan is to host different patches for android x86 support from open source community. A few months after we created the project, we found out that we could do much more than just hosting patches. So we decide to fork our code base that will provide android x86 support on different x86 platforms, and set up a git server to host it. To reflect this major change, we create this new project.

Tried it, it works flawlesly on my Asus EEE 901!! I installed in on an HP Pavillion. It even recognises the card reader/wifi/bluetooth/ethernet/camera! AMAZING!

Last Stable (1.6)

Last Eclair

Program to make a bootable USB:

UnetBootin

LiLi

Or you can create a VirtualBox Machine (Like i did. Instructions in their site)

Cheers

post-535466-1267840231_thumb.pngpost-535466-1267840373_thumb.pngpost-535466-1267840444_thumb.png

• 1 month later...
Guest Basher52

Gonna trie it on my Eee 701 4G next Weekend. i had a look at this a couple times ago, but there was no stable biuld, good think that they did it.

on your Eee, "how fast" was the Eclair port?

Guest nicandris
Gonna trie it on my Eee 701 4G next Weekend. i had a look at this a couple times ago, but there was no stable biuld, good think that they did it.

on your Eee, "how fast" was the Eclair port?

well it was "not for everyday use" workable