T*OMNIA2's very smooth mainmenu It's like IPhone!! (attached mainmenu.exe file)

Guest kipps

Does anybody know how to permanently uninstall the cube application because its unnecessary using this T*OMNIA2 menu. This menu doesn't have only the shortcout to it.

BTW in my opinion the cube isn't a good idea by samsung at all... and uninstalling will free more Ram and Rom <_<

Guest Kraddel
Kraddel, it uses the default icon of each application. However, you can change the default icon by using "JWMD Icon Changer". Google it. It's freeware.

i`m aready using the icon changer but i can`t change the default icon...just can change the icon shown in the windows start menu...

Guest Laruku Jr.
i`m aready using the icon changer but i can`t change the default icon...just can change the icon shown in the windows start menu...

What's your OS version? I'm using WinMo 6.5. I'm not sure WinMo 6.1 can use Big icon.

Guest Ender Psp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV-7ABqjmNg

attachment.php?attachmentid=290247&d=1267942945

Model: SCH-M715(T*OMNIA2) Official WM6.5(DB22 Ver) korean

very smooth new mainmenu

it's like iphone!!!

attached file is T*OMNIA2'S new mainmenu.exe

but It's LANGUAGE KOREAN!!!

I don't know working on i8000 or i920 but try it!

Man, I love you! (brotherly). You've just made our day!

As I was saying a while ago here we would LOVE the rom, PLEASE! Samsung Korea has done a way much better job with the devices there. Please share it!

Guest Laruku Jr.
any one can help how to map the start menu to a button ??

Wello2009, I'm not sure what start menu you mentioned. If it is default start menu, you can go to Settings -> General Settings -> Button -> Assign a program and then map "<Start Menu>" to your desire button. If you means the menu from this post, you apply the same method with "Main Menu". Try it <_<

Guest Uncle Mui
Wello2009, I'm not sure what start menu you mentioned. If it is default start menu, you can go to Settings -> General Settings -> Button -> Assign a program and then map "<Start Menu>" to your desire button. If you means the menu from this post, you apply the same method with "Main Menu". Try it <_<

Pardon my ignorance... the Windows folder is write protected. How do I copy the file into the Windows folder?

Thanks,

KW

Guest Laruku Jr.
Pardon my ignorance... the Windows folder is write protected. How do I copy the file into the Windows folder?

Thanks,

KW

You have to use third-party file explorer software like Resco File Explorer or Total commander. <_<

Guest Ender Psp

WOW! If you don't load the menu (for example, I have Resco Explorer on my 2nd button) and load this menu first time, when you press the 1st button (hex one, for menu), the new menu loads every time! That's because it's already in memory.

OR

You can replace the MainMenu.exe from Windows folder with this one <_<

I used Safe Mode and even so it's tricky: you have to copy the new one as MainMenu1.exe, rename MainMenu.exe to MainMenu2.exe and then rename MainMenu1.exe to MainMenu.exe

I did it and now my menu is blazing fast :mellow:

Note: I didn't do anything with the new .mui file, I just replaced the exe!

THANK YOU!

Edited by Ender Psp

Guest darkworldzz

about mapping it to a button, heres a detailed explanation:

1.Make a new folder in the windows folder at start menu, i named it FastMenu for recognition

so now its like this My device--> Windows-->start menu-->Programs-->Fast Menu-->MainMenu+MainMenu Mui(dunno what the mui does but i added in just in case)

2.go Wm Settings--> personal-->buttons the rest is self explanatory u can scroll down and search for the MainMenu.exe file i mapped it to the hexagonal button in this case

3.u can alaso acess it thru the start menu in the folder(Fast Menu) u made

4.Enjoy..

this is my method as can be easily deleted when i want..

well theres other methods above.. which mapps over the start menu and i dont like it <_<

Edited by darkworldzz

Guest Ender Psp

Few notes:

1. The menu names will be gone (for example My Menu, Games, Apps, whatever you used to have). They will be replaced with 1-10 (don't care too much).

2. The menu is as fast with 10 pages as with 1. I have 10 so I know <_<

3. The .mui file is optional

4. The rename trick described in my post #37 on page 2, might work with Resco Explorer

5. Works in GT-I8000 UK :mellow:

Again, as I said on my post in January, please share the rom! See mattb777, I was right, that/this was/is the TouchWiz MainMenu, just for another device!

A big thank you for sharing this!

Edited by Ender Psp

Guest xanden
about mapping it to a button, heres a detailed explanation:

1.Make a new folder in the windows folder at start menu, i named it FastMenu for recognition

so now its like this My device--> Windows-->start menu-->Programs-->Fast Menu-->MainMenu+MainMenu Mui(dunno what the mui does but i added in just in case)

2.go Wm Settings--> personal-->buttons the rest is self explanatory u can scroll down and search for the MainMenu.exe file i mapped it to the hexagonal button in this case

3.u can alaso acess it thru the start menu in the folder(Fast Menu) u made

4.Enjoy..

this is my method as can be easily deleted when i want..

well theres other methods above.. which mapps over the start menu and i dont like it <_<

thanks !

didn't able to do it as I was using the samsung settings earlier instead of the winmo settings..

Guest contable

Thank you for sharing. It works great !

I´m using Dr. Khuanchai´s latest 23090IA5 rom without any mainmenu cooked in.

I copied only the mainmenu.exe to My Storage and it works well. It´s not necessary to copy it to the windows folder.

It will be added to the next version of my JMLToday skin/mod, so it can be launched from the Today screen.

Cheers,

contable

Guest dani_carrabba
See post #33

what i want is, how to change the start button (not hardware keys) to this new menu, so when i press the round start button (wm 6.5.3) the samsung menu show up instead the winmo menu

Guest Ender Psp
what i want is, how to change the start button (not hardware keys) to this new menu, so when i press the round start button (wm 6.5.3) the samsung menu show up instead the winmo menu

You need to enable TouchWiz in Today.

Guest fairi1
I'm using korean ver. T*OMNIA2 (SCH-M715)

AND i have offcial wm6.5 rom

do you want it?

(Sorry for english <_< )

yes,of course..

we want this super rom :mellow:)

Guest Scorgan

Great!

The best feature for me is the small memory footprint in comparison to the large one of the original mainmenu. That was around 7 MB - for a menu only!!

So the 2,5 - 3 MB for this one is a great step forward.

Dragoneye: Its working great..the only problem is the cube is not working..can anyone make it happen?

Do you really use the cube? For me, that's only a useless gimmick.

Edited by Scorgan