Anyone tethering with Windows 7?

Guest TeamCEK

Guest TeamCEK

I have Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) installed on my Omnia. It worked just fine on my old laptop running Windows XP. I got a new laptop with Windows 7 and now I can't connect. The phone connects and syncs with the laptop via Windows Mobile Device Center. But as soon as I run ICS on the phone, the connection with the laptop is lost. I have tried changing various connection settings within WMDC with no luck. I have also tried closing WMDC on the laptop and ActiveSync on the phone before running ICS without success. Is there some setting unique to Windows 7 that needs to be changed to make this work? I am only connecting using USB, not Bluetooth.

Guest XtremeMaC

I'm using it with win7 with no problems

I'm on usb cable as well.

maybe try enabling or disabling "enable advanced network functionality" under USB to PC

Edited by XtremeMaC

Guest mikebdub

I am also using it under Windows 7..

All I did was install the VZAccess manager, it downloaded a new update and it linked right up.

I am actually having less problems with it now then I did under XP/Vista surprisingly.

Guest chopperthedog

bought new acer aspire one with windows 7 starter. I only installed (ICS) on phone. I installed nothing to computer just plugged phone in and ran (ICS) and I was getting just under 1MBs dload speed. and I am a former sucker and I used to pay for the vzw connect sh*t when I allready had unlimited data already.

Edited by chopperthedog