[ROM] Sinan's I8000 JF5 WM6.1 UltraLite Rom [Discontinued]

Guest sinancetinkaya

Guest Chivas610

For some reason lite rom hangs after short use on my phone ;) (octans say language pack download skipped...hmm)

Maybe you should also inform of the Koran verses in the rom too...not really my cup of tea ;)

Guest sh.a.rk
Sinan kardeş, that rom is really really faster and there are 100 mb free space eventhough i set up too many programs in it. I tested so much and two issues found up to now:

- After installing touch clock i cannot change alarm melody. This is a bug i think

Thanks

Create folder in \My Storage\My Ringtones and copy file Cloudy Tone.mp3 and Flash on.mp3 to this folder(can copy any mp3 files)tone.zip

tone.zip

Guest willis111

It seems my data issues were somehow related to NOT erasing my CSC prior to flashing your roms. I erased my csc and have flashed all your roms over the last week or two and everything seems to be working fine. Seems when the csc was in my phone it wouldn't actually set up stuff like my internet but also wouldn't let me permanently edit it either.

Guest selcuk666

Dear Sinan thank you for this nice rom( 6.5.x), but I wonder how you changed lock screen which is very nice ( like windows 6.1 lock screen) , can you descreibe your methodology, or do you have any cab about this

thanks again

Edited by selcuk666

Guest Khisha
Hi Sinan,

Yesterday i uploaded an ultralight rom into my omnia 2, actually i don't know it's yours or not but i'm having two problems and maybe you can help me on this way.

1- It is about S2U2 program. S2U2 cannot overwrite incoming call screen of windows 6.5. Use RAW BUFFER or GDI for graphics of S2U2

2- Also there was no "X" Button option inside settings/Button... Programs are the allocating ram and i should run a custom program to close all tasks. Is there any way to command X button to end programs directly? Use Xtask or AmeBa. Showcase will hang outlook upon exit

Guest pcfrnd

salam sinan,

hoping u r doing fine,

great work, well done .... thanks .. pls keep up this great work.

i have loaded the ultra lite one. so far so good, however i am missing the SIP option.

yes, i can live with, however, i am trying to know where is it?

i understand it is OS property... could u help me with?

and

one more favor, do u have ultra lite CSC as well,? keeping English only. now i am not using any CSC, however as you said, it is not only the lang.

thanks in advance

Edited by pcfrnd

Guest drorcun
salam sinan,

hoping u r doing fine,

i have loaded the ultra lite one. so far so good, however i am missing the SIP option.

and

one more favor, do u have ultra lite CSC as well,? keeping English only. now i am not using any CSC, however as you said, it is not only the lang.

thanks in advance

HKLM \ ControlPanel \ Input\ delete "Redirect" and restart

Guest sinancetinkaya
Sinan can you obtain me Samsung SMS-MMS cab?

Also the keyboard has been given in initial mail is stopping the OS to be boot. I had to reinstall OS with octans..

I didn't make any sms-mms cab file of JD1

Sinan kardeş, that rom is really really faster and there are 100 mb free space eventhough i set up too many programs in it. I tested so much and two issues found up to now:

- After installing touch clock i cannot change alarm melody. This is a bug i think

- After installing Samsung keyboard i could not see this option in Windows sms screen. Also i found an Samsung's official SMS-MMS cab but after installing it, program does not respond me when i click on it. Briefly i want to have Samsung keyboard, it s not really matters whether i write in Samsung SMS screen or Windows sms screen.

Thanks

- Because the melody you're trying to choose doesn't exist, Seeing it in the list doesn't mean it exist but I'll fix that list in the next version and you won't see them in the list again

- You already asked this question before

where is input, I can not configure resco keyboard

Will fix it in the next update or follow drorcun's solution

One more bug. It's not possible to add a picture into an existing contact. When you press picture part of contact in edit mode, it doesn't respond. Also when you are in a picture and press set as contact picture, it doesn't respond.

Edited: Maybe it's not a bug because it may need standard photo viewer program to see it. Actually i don't remember whether Sinan that viewer program has been excluded or not but if it has, we have to try it after installing standard program before we say it is a bug.

I tried it, adding pictures to contacts is working.

For some reason lite rom hangs after short use on my phone ;) (octans say language pack download skipped...hmm)

Maybe you should also inform of the Koran verses in the rom too...not really my cup of tea ;)

I already explained it before. This is my kind of signature, nobody forces you to use it.

Dear Sinan thank you for this nice rom( 6.5.x), but I wonder how you changed lock screen which is very nice ( like windows 6.1 lock screen) , can you descreibe your methodology, or do you have any cab about this

thanks again

I couldn't understand your question, what lock screen ? Do you mean the lock feature that you enable/disable by today ?

salam sinan,

hoping u r doing fine,

and

thanks in advance

SIP option menu will be fixed in the next update or follow drorcun's solution

Edited by sinancetinkaya

Guest pcfrnd
HKLM \ ControlPanel \ Input\ delete "Redirect" and restart

really thanks, u saved me a hell. it is working perfect :P :P :P

u have reliefed sinan from my first request ;) ;)

so you made double score \/ \/ thumbs up

SIP option menu will be fixed in the next update or follow drorcun's solution

my dear sinan, yet i love your rom, i love to have this amount of ram ................ i hope you to find time for the CSC, ;)

Edited by pcfrnd

Guest altim
Samsung's wm6.1 oem drivers and wm6.5 oem drivers are different

I think he meant he used oem cabs (touch player, dialer, fm radio etc)

Here is what I tried and it works fine for me:

1) Installed your latest 6.1 ultra-lite ROM (from 29-Mar-2010)

2) Installed you .Net cab

3) Installed your JD1 version cab for Camera

4) Installed your IJ1 cabs for:

4-a) Photo Album

4-;) New Style Samsung Settings

5) Enabled the proximity sensor with your cab that comes in /Windows/Start Menu/Programs/Advanced

6) Installed JD1 version GPS drivers cab from Rapid81 (http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...1-program-cabs/)

7) Installed a whole load of JD1 cabs from twu2 (I already had them downloaded - so was easier rather than download yours) (http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...-lite-20100410/), more specifically installed the following software:

7-a) Adobe Reader - My Storage

7-;) Asphalt4 - My Storage

7-c) DMC (Connected Home) - My Storage

7-d) File Manager (you suggested it is needed for Camera - I do not really use it otherwise) - My Storage

7-e) FM Radio - My Storage

7-f) MVE (Video Editor) - My Storage

7-g) Opera - My Storage

7-h) Power Calc - My Storage

7-i) SharePix (you suggested it is needed for Camera - I do not really use it otherwise) - My Storage

7-j) Smart Converter - My Storage

7-k) Smart Memo - My Storage

7-l) Smart Reader - My Storage

7-m) Smart Search - My Storage

7-n) Solitair - Device (but can My Storage)

7-o) Streaming Player - My Storage

7-p) Task Manager - Device

7-q) Touch Calendar - My Storage

I have also installed a whole lot of other software that does not come from Samsung ROMs.

This effectively got me WM 6.1 ROM with JD1 Samsung soft. Everything I use works fine including camera and GPS.

The result is stable and fast device. I no longer think of monitoring memory and restarting the device.

Guest dubberman

First of all thanks for this great rom...Now my question:

Is there any chance to activate Titanium in this rom? Help is appreciated.

Guest pcfrnd

Dear Sinan,

i have 2 crisis ;) which are in fact not particularly related to your rom, rather it is general. :P

1- The highest in call volume is not really enough ;) specially in open areas.

specifically about the in call volume, have you any idea of any registry or the samsung audio gain which can affect or control the in call volume?

it is greatly appreciated if info.

i have digged the registry but not all, and also changed some of the audio gain but failed :P :P

2- up to moment no real shut down cab. the said reason, is shutdown.exe is kept protected in rom ;)

if it is true, any chance to get it out of the rom? so any available soft can work. no soft ware around is working in omnia

it is much easier and useful to software shut ur pda rather long press the hardware key

heh, it is enough for today :P

thanks in advance

ps, sinan will never annoy if any volunteer help us find an answer

:P

Guest altim
@altim

That's why I only make UltraLite roms. I'm glad you enjoy it

I gratefully enjoy the result of your work (and of many others). Thanks a lot.

I also particularly cherish the fact that now I no longer need to flash a new ROM every time I just want to refresh the Samsung software - I just remove the old software and install the new - thanks to people publshing the cabs.

Such approach saves loads of time on re-customizing the software and interfaces.

Guest conqueror

May be it is a silly question but I tried winzip and winrar to unzip the rom file but I couldn't; could you help in telling how to do it.

Regards

Guest sinancetinkaya

20/04/2010

Enabled Input, Battery, Contrast in Settings

Replaced samsung wireless,battery by today with MS ones. You can still use them via Samsung Settings

USBMode shortcut in Advanced folder for using USB Storage mode easily

Removed ACR Call Recorder *Lite

PS: If you fell OK with the previous version, you don't need to flash this version but when you need to reflash your pda, flash this version

Edited by sinancetinkaya

Guest pcfrnd
20/04/2010

Enabled Input, Battery, Contrast in Settings

Replaced samsung wireless,battery by today with MS ones. You can still use them via Samsung Settings

USBMode shortcut in Advanced folder for using USB Storage mode easily

Removed ACR Call Recorder *Lite

PS: If you fell OK with the previous version, you don't need to flash this version but when you need to reflash your pda, flash this version

could u pls check the link? i am receiving error msg. trying with 2 different down-loaders ;)

thanks in advance

Update,

it is bad rapishare nowadays, for no reason i know... i am using 7mb speed..... anyway.. downloaded and flashed my mob.

should i write my first sight about it? ;) ;) :P

thanks

Edited by pcfrnd

Guest cengaver83

Sinan kardes. After installing youtubeplay or g-alarm, and tried to run it system gives error message as:

"The file 'XXXX' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or note of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file."

I must mention that i have tried in other roms and did not get this error message. Can you help me about this, because this rom is really really faster and i want to use it. I don't want to lose that rom with 100 mb free program ram.

Thanks in advance.

Guest sinancetinkaya
Sinan kardes. After installing youtubeplay or g-alarm, and tried to run it system gives error message as:

"The file 'XXXX' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or note of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file."

I must mention that i have tried in other roms and did not get this error message. Can you help me about this, because this rom is really really faster and i want to use it. I don't want to lose that rom with 100 mb free program ram.

Thanks in advance.

Read the 2nd post carefully

Guest altim
After installing youtubeplay or g-alarm, and tried to run it system gives error message

As sinancetinkaya pointed out you shall read post 2 carefully.

To guide you: really it is silly to expect that applications that require .Net Framework will work without it being installed.

I guess you should also have read the system requirements of applications you installed and recongnized they require .Net Framework.

You can find the cab for .Net Framework in the post 2 of this topic.

Guest pcfrnd
salam sinan,

and

one more favor, do u have ultra lite CSC as well? ............. keeping English only. now i am not using any CSC, however as you said, it is not only the lang.

thanks in advance

Dear Sinan,

1- The highest in call volume is not really enough ;) specially in open areas.

specifically about the in call volume, have you any idea of any registry or the samsung audio gain which can affect or control the in call volume?

it is greatly appreciated if info.

2- up to moment no real shut down cab. the said reason, is shutdown.exe is kept protected in rom ;)

if it is true, any chance to get it out of the rom? so any available soft can work. no soft ware around is working in omnia

it is much easier and useful to software shut ur pda rather long press the hardware key

sinan

is there any update ...... ?

Edited by pcfrnd

Guest chocobo9

Hi Sinan,

This is my 1st try on a wm6.1 rom. I'm very very satisfied with ur rom's speed and stability. My phone finally can handle decent multitaskings. ( Having 100+mb free ram on fresh boot with SPB shell 3.5.3 )

I notice this rom doesn't come with Xtra support, is there any way we can install it to your rom? becoz my gps is almost unusable without xtra.

Thanks.