MEGAlite ROM 6.5.5 XXIL2

Guest daskalos

Guest daskalos

ATTENTION:

Just found out that this ROM was not patched properly, and may expire in May 1

It is recommended to backup your files....

If you still want to use a 6.5.5 ROM, I just recommend to flash Megalite 6.5.5 23547

ROM link will now be removed

welcomescreen.pngImage033.jpgImage030.jpg

MEGAlite ROM 6.5.5 XXIL2 Build 23545

20100313_010703_0002_111g.jpg20100313_010737_0003_111g.jpg20100313_011850_0004_111g.jpg20100313_013954_0005_111g.jpg

UPDATE:

MEGAlite 6.5.5 v2

-fixed freeze up caused by WMP,Winamp, Samsung PC Studio, KIES...

(download link below)

FAQ:

What 's in this ROM?

- Just some basic applications and files, few driver changes

Why did you remove Camera and FM radio?

- Well they occupy some space inside the ROM, the purpose is just to free some space by deleting their "ROM backup". Well installation files are available.

What Apps/Files did you removed?

- See attached text for info

Too bad you removed my favorite Samsung/WM default apps...

- I'm currently converting the removed apps to installation files, so you can choose apps you like

- Since this is MEGA lite rom, be informed that this was stripped down as much as possible, so many files were removed. Please read removed files txt. If you really need an app and you read it was removed, i recommend installing a third party equivalent app or skip flashing this until the installation files (removed files) are finished wink.gif

Are there any issues in this ROM?

Unfortunately.... YES... When you sync your phone with your PC, with Windows Media Player or Winamp running, the device freezes. I'm still looking for a solution, so for the meantime, it is recommended before connecting( and during a connection) your device via active sync or Windows Mobile Center, don't run WMP or Winamp.

(In my case I'm running Windows 7 32bit)

My theory is, it might be caused by the 23545 build itself...Both Full and Lite ROM have this issue...

Aside from the issue above, the build is generally stable

Instructions:

1. Download, Extract and Flash with Octans Mini

READ READ READ!!! This MAY or MAY NOT happen to you....

After a successful flash, your device will auto restart for pre-configuration. At restart and booting, you're device may seem be "stuck" in the windows phone logo. Don't panic. Just wait for 5-10 minutes. If your device doesn't boot up after that allotted time, just soft reset. It will boot up normally. The reason maybe because I changed some reg settings inside the ROM.

Note: If your device is freezing when connected to Active Sync/ Windows Mobile Center, it seems WMP is trying to sync with the device. Close WMP or kill WMP process in the background or restart your PC.

2. [iMPORTANT] After successful booting and set up, please install The ROM fix and tweaks cab (see download link below)

3. Wait for atleast 5 minutes, then soft reset.

THINGS TO DO AFTER INSTALLING THIS ROM

1. Install .NET Framework 3.5 (Cause there's no .NET CF installed)

2. Install Samsung SDK STD 2.2 (may 'cause device to not wake up, use only if you want to use auto rotate app)

3. Install Auto Close patch

4. Enable X button to close apps (not working better get another task manager with terminating x button)

5. Install Adobe Flash 3.1

6. Chainfire Autoclose Fix

What's inside the ROM fix cab?

- Well it fixes some file viewer errors

- HTC GSensor SDK (so you can run G-Sensor Games)

- Some Camera Tweaks (like Self Portrait)

- My Storage and Storage card transferring file speed increased

- Enable Windows Default Settings

- Enable Screen Orientation Setting

- Added Auto Rotate App

- Disable 6.5 lock-screen (which eats and holds 5-10Mb RAM)

- 10Mb-temporary-file fix

- Samsung Keyboard as Main SIP

- Disable Samsung Dial Pad (for additional 10Mb RAM)

- GAPI fix

- Enable Band Settings

Downloads:

MEGAlite 6.5.5

UPDATE: v2

- fixed freeze up caused by WMP,Winamp,Samsung PC Studio, KIES etc.

REMOVED

FIX Cab

http://www.4shared.com/file/239770952/d289...e_655-2354.html

Samsung Apps

Again if you found a samsung setting that doesn't launch, it means it was removed (like bluetooth wifi settings, phone setting, GPS settings).

Updated Samsung Apps Includes Camera, FM radio, Settings, GPS, Wifi and Bluetooth Settings, Smart reader, Photo Frame, Touch Player, Album, Clock etc.

Download it here:

1st set

http://www.4shared.com/file/243917896/febb..._MEGAlite_.html

2nd set

http://www.4shared.com/file/243989689/904e..._for_23547.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the Samsung X-button

X button (close apps) will not work on WM 6.5.3 and 6.5.5 for the reason that the x-button is not located in the upper right corner of the screen in these builds (it's now in the lower right corner).

To enable 6.5.3-5 x-button to terminate programs again, use this app found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=583002

It will not only let you close programs but you will also have other options to set (for start menu and x button)

About Screen Tap Vibrations

Well it works... just set it in Samsung Settings or in WM Settings/sound and notifications/vibrations, check screen taps

Though vibrate will not work on screen keyboard and bottom bar...

But don't worry you can use Touch Response download it here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=450256

Install and set the vibration duration for taps... remember to set device ID to 11 <_<

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OTHERS

Chainfire Auto Close fix http://www.4shared.com/file/240211912/4e89...sePatch-11.html

If you want the WM 6.5 slide back install this, wait for some seconds, and soft reset http://www.4shared.com/file/242378474/57e3...5_Lock_Scr.html

Office Mobile:

http://www.4shared.com/file/236113841/eebd...ice_Mobile.html

Samsung SDK 2.2 (may 'cause wake up problems)

http://www.4shared.com/file/236884057/a71e...dist_2_2_0.html

MEGAlite_6.5.5_23545.txt

Edited by daskalos

Guest sandeeppathak007
welcomescreen.pngImage033.jpgImage030.jpg

But i'm still uploading it yet <_<

Come back later :mellow:

Wow that souunds amazing

waiting to download

thanks a lot for your wonderful ROMs

Guest Freezy1982

F**king Great! :mellow:

Tell us some more about it - Is it ike your Version before, just without some more apps?

What's about the installation? Patch- and Fix-Installing like before?

Multilanguage? <_<

I will flash it, when i get home from work and will give you a reply!

Guest Bartoo

Hell yeah. Can you tell us somethink about it? What was cut, what add?

It is multilanguage or eng only?

It will be great ^^

PS. Good job.

Guest gosiunia1

Strange but with Your last rom (6.5 megalite) I have some problems with turning on threaded sms in ms inbox - was freezing the inbox, and also sometimes the inbox was not saving the actual list after the soft reset (especially the last saved sms were disappering)... I wonder - will it be the same issue in new rom.

How huge pagepool are U going to use?

Next thing is the tclock.exe, after installing from the cab (of course in main mem) was not working (of course You can use that but it's not alarming in any case, ordinary wm clock.exe works good).

Last reported problem was the case, that many times I have to do soft reset two times because it freezes after the 1st one. Hope the problems now will be solved with the new touch friendly 6.5.3 winmo megalite <_<

Thx for Your excellent Job anyway....

Guest daskalos
Strange but with Your last rom (6.5 megalite) I have some problems with turning on threaded sms in ms inbox - was freezing the inbox, and also sometimes the inbox was not saving the actual list after the soft reset (especially the last saved sms were disappering)... I wonder - will it be the same issue in new rom.

How huge pagepool are U going to use?

Next thing is the tclock.exe, after installing from the cab (of course in main mem) was not working (of course You can use that but it's not alarming in any case, ordinary wm clock.exe works good).

Last reported problem was the case, that many times I have to do soft reset two times because it freezes after the 1st one. Hope the problems now will be solved with the new touch friendly 6.5.3 winmo megalite :mellow:

Thx for Your excellent Job anyway....

The freezing is caused by Windows media player trying to sync via active sync... <_<

About threaded sms freezing let me check later...

About tclock, I must have left a file that needs to be restored in the system, checking it later

About inbox not saving messages after soft reset, it's a WinMo issue...new received/sent messages need some amount of time for to be "saved" in the PIM memory...3-5 minutes at least...if you got a new message and it's not older than 3-5 minutes and you reset, the message will be gone

Guest Ajacied410_NL

WM6.5.3 in a lite version...yes finally

Hopefully it's without fixes and just a perfect version.

Than we finally can enjoy our device as supposed to be.

Guest daskalos

Yup patience is a virtue...

And I want to correct the post

the build is not 6.5.3.....

It's 6.5.5 :mellow:

(I'm reading things on 6.5.3,that's why I thought this was 6.5.3, dumbass I am <_< )

The delay is because I found a bug with messaging, and currently making the tweaks/fix cab for this rom

you mean "especially when you own it" <_<

Ah! Yes, you may put it any way, it is an old trick to solace yourself.

It will be few more hours after links are posted that we can taste the blissful recipe, so wait, wait and wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I find daskalos present on the forum, so may be there is some news!

Edited by 20x

Guest daskalos

Some news:

I'm re-uploading to Megaupload

Some things bout the rom...

-No more samsung messaging cause is buggy in this build

- Remove camera and fm radio (don't worry there's an installation cab)

- New animated startup/shutdown with new tones too (surprise hope you like them)

- The fix includes disble 6.5 lockscreen (cause it's holding back 5-10Mb RAM)

- Remove .Net CF 2.0 (so have your .Net 3.5 cab ready

- Apps removed are like in the first megalite ROM + some more dependencies, so some apps in the Samsung Apps download might not work in this ROM (so please report)

Again just waiting the uploads to finish...

By the way, I want to have a mirror download, where site can I upload/download the fastest?

Some news:

I'm re-uploading to Megaupload

Some things bout the rom...

-No more samsung messaging cause is buggy in this build

- Remove camera and fm radio (don't worry there's an installation cab)

- New animated startup/shutdown with new tones too (surprise hope you like them)

- The fix includes disble 6.5 lockscreen (cause it's holding back 5-10Mb RAM)

- Remove .Net CF 2.0 (so have your .Net 3.5 cab ready

- Apps removed are like in the first megalite ROM + some more dependencies, so some apps in the Samsung Apps download might not work in this ROM (so please report)

Again just waiting the uploads to finish...

By the way, I want to have a mirror download, where site can I upload/download the fastest?

So what does that mean Samsung Pro and widget plus remain? But it is hearty to note the lock fix and removal both coming up together.

For me all mirrors are good, but rapidshare doesn't go that well!

Thanks once again!

Guest daskalos
For me all mirrors are good, but rapidshare doesn't go that well!

Thanks once again!

There's no more Widgets Plus and Pro :mellow:

Too bad I'm uploading in Rapidshare now <_<