MEGAlite ROM 6.5.5 XXIL2

Guest daskalos

Guest ttrevelian
2 bugs so far

1) Sleeping bug. Cannot awake after going to sleep. WM6.5.5 bug again!!!

2) No software keyboard available, so far, when reply to SMS and editing an excel file... must use the hardware keyboard..

Just a suggestion, can we have a WM6.5.3 version of this megalite instead?

I didnt had a chance to download this rom <_< ............ but I believe that the Sleeping bug is caused after removing (disabling) the 6.5 lock screen since it has happened to me using other roms. What happens is that the phone turns off instead of going to sleep. That is why it does not resume after pressing lock. So when you press the soft reset button you are turning it on again. I mean, if you remove the battery place it back in and press the soft reset the phone turns on just like pressing the on/off button( I only point this out since the soft reset button should only work if the phone is turned on)

Being said that I have solved it on other roms by enabling again the wm 6.5 lock screen

I think I'll have to wait for some fixes to download

Daskalos if you need testers feel free to PM - I could help identifying bugs and compatibility since I have a pretty massive apps collection running fine under 6.5.3

Edited by ttrevelian

Guest daskalos

Update:

ROM now seems to be fixed,

- waking up fixed

- incoming call and sms wake up fix

- hangup on boot screen (fixed I think)

- no software keyboard fixed

- enabled Input settings

Guest Freezy1982

Same problem for me, too..

At today morning, it only showed a black screen. After replacing Akku and connecting to charge I could start it (but i need some startups and resets to weak it up completely).

(Me also have installed S2U2 before and disabled the lockscreen... Now I change it back to WindowsLock and will test the behavior)

Over night battery drains from 80% down to blackout (0%) ... Does anyone else have the same issue? My CarChargingSystem wasn't able to load faster than draining - phone empty @ work again...

(after switching WindowsLock on, the problem seems to be gone - I will test more)

In Lock Mode Callings are displayed and I can answer them.. But in normal mode Callings are NOT displayed and the caller gets an busy tone..

And there is no Ringtone + Vibration (Loudness max and Ringtone selected)

Edited by Freezy1982

Guest Talsi

Hi all,

I would like to ask, is there any performance increase in this ROM as compared with original 6.1 ROM, in terms of applications - games especially (Smartgear, FPSECE, Xtract, SPB Mobile Shell 3D carousel etc.....)??

Sorry for my question - I am a total newbie in flashing.

Guest new2city
I didnt had a chance to download this rom <_< ............ but I believe that the Sleeping bug is caused after removing (disabling) the 6.5 lock screen since it has happened to me using other roms. What happens is that the phone turns off instead of going to sleep. That is why it does not resume after pressing lock. So when you press the soft reset button you are turning it on again. I mean, if you remove the battery place it back in and press the soft reset the phone turns on just like pressing the on/off button( I only point this out since the soft reset button should only work if the phone is turned on)

Being said that I have solved it on other roms by enabling again the wm 6.5 lock screen

I think I'll have to wait for some fixes to download

Daskalos if you need testers feel free to PM - I could help identifying bugs and compatibility since I have a pretty massive apps collection running fine under 6.5.3

Yup, seems to be working. Thanks for the tip ttrevelian. I have heard of this bug win WM6.5 while I was on the i900 but never faced it because I was using the built in lock function, but in the B7610, I went back to S2U2

Deep sleep is certainly an issue here. But as per changelog, default locking file have been removed. So how to get back the original locking option?

Guest new2city
Deep sleep is certainly an issue here. But as per changelog, default locking file have been removed. So how to get back the original locking option?

I know what the changelog says, but it is still there, it is just disabled.

To enable it, just enable it again in the registry

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\LockScreen\Enable = 1

so far, it's been 4 hours since my Omnia's last deep sleep..

I know what the changelog says, but it is still there, it is just disabled.

To enable it, just enable it again in the registry

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\LockScreen\Enable = 1

so far, it's been 4 hours since my Omnia's last deep sleep..

Thanks for the valuable tip. I have edited the registry likewise, I hope everything turns out fine.

Guest laurenze88

My last deep sleep was yesterday evening, today havent got any deep sleep or other problems..

My installs:

Samsung Camera

Microsft .NET CF 3.7

Aluke taskbar Build 23075

ageye g-alarm

Daskalos megalite rom fix & tweaks

so since yesterday havent got any problems:D

Guest daskalos

Update:

Bad News: Well, I will be abandoning this build because of the deep sleep issue

Good news: I made a 6.5.3 build with confirmed no "sleeping beauty" and currently testing the latest build of 6.5.5 (23545 build)

Hope this build works fine...And it's rumored to have better memory management.... <_<

Edited by daskalos

Guest laurenze88
My last deep sleep was yesterday evening, today havent got any deep sleep or other problems..

My installs:

Samsung Camera

Microsft .NET CF 3.7

Aluke taskbar Build 23075

ageye g-alarm

Daskalos megalite rom fix & tweaks

so since yesterday havent got any problems:D

Guest daskalos

And there's another rumor about the new build, which I think is real ('cause I'm currently testing it...)

... It's blazing fast... :mellow: ...

Let's just cross our fingers, hope this not another "sleeping beauty" <_<

Guest laurenze88
And there's another rumor about the new build, which I think is real ('cause I'm currently testing it...)

... It's blazing fast... :mellow: ...

Again faster then 6.5.5 (23545 build)? :(

Guest VOODOOS!L

... It's blazing fast... :( ...

nice! I hope you can share it soon so we can help you test it :mellow:

Guest VOODOOS!L
Oh I'm talking about the 6.5.5 (23545 build)

It's really fast...

<_< but let's hope it has not battery drain again, I prefer a slower device above an empty battery...

Guest B7610

@daskalos:

-can u add the black theme pls?

looks better and it saves more Battery ;-)

-the startup is nice but too long in my opinion

-dont know if startup is nomal so: startup screen then the startup tone, then black screen with tone then startupscreen(windowsphone) then beep ;-)

i hope u know what i mean ;-)

- regedit the lockscreen to enable 1 doesnt work for me worse than before

meanwhile i flashed back to your 6.5 rom

Edited by B7610

Guest daskalos
@daskalos:

-can u add the black theme pls?

looks better and it saves more Battery ;-)

-the startup is nice but too long in my opinion

-dont know if startup is nomal so: startup screen then the startup tone, then black screen with tone then startupscreen(windowsphone) then beep ;-)

i hope u know what i mean ;-)

- regedit the lockscreen to enable 1 doesnt work for me worse than before

Don't worry the new build is better

Guest new2city
I need some testers for the new ROM, at least 2-3 willing people

pls. message me privately to get the link

Good morning,

I did PM you just now, but if you already have enough testers, would it be possible for you to upload the 6.5.3 build, since it is stable... BTW, the sleep bug seems to be gone in the 6.5.5 ever since I followed the advice to enable the Win6.5 lockscreen(but I still use S2U2).. only issue left(that really concerned me) was the missing keyboard....

@daskalos Thanks for the PM and link

The rom is doing well as of now. I had installed it more than an hour ago, but no hangups whatsoever till now. Network and wifi are also doing great.

Hooked on to wifi, let phone to sleep and resumed, unlocked, wifi is working, phone is wide awake, no deep sleep issue here.

But there is a big issue with samsung settings. Most of the settings are not accessible, though the main files are available in windows directory. Files like setting_bt.exe, setting_WIFI.exe aren't executable.

Phone settings and network settings and their suboptions are either not working or are not fully functional. Can't change the band/hsdpa etc. option.

Edited by 20x

Guest daskalos
@daskalos Thanks for the PM and link

The rom is doing well as of now. I had installed it more than an hour ago, but no hangups whatsoever till now. Network and wifi are also doing great.

Hooked on to wifi, let phone to sleep and resumed, unlocked, wifi is working, phone is wide awake, no deep sleep issue here.

But there is a big issue with samsung settings. Most of the settings are not accessible, though the main files are available in windows directory. Files like setting_bt.exe, setting_WIFI.exe aren't executable.

Phone settings and network settings and their suboptions are either not working or are not fully functional. Can't change the band/hsdpa etc. option.

Yup 'cause I remove samsung phone settings...anyway that's just a test rom