[ROM] I8000HZUJC1+phoneJB2 official ROM(Eng,CHT)

Guest Lancez

Guest darkworldzz

hi all...

can someone extract the samsung widgets plus from this rom?? i really liked it after using it for 3 days and switching to the lite rom of JC1...

thx in advance!!

Guest darkworldzz
hehe, new information for me, thanks for the wonderful rom and tip, it freshens up my device. I am just wondering how to change my language to english because i tried flashing the nb0 file and by default it is chinese. May i know how to change to english? or i have to use the exe file to flash in order to get english? Thank You :):)

make sure u change the language on octans to english when u choose the csc.. try the csc i uploaded... ;)

have fun!!

Guest silencer22
I used the samsung settings menu to do a change of language to english and after restarts, i got back version JA5 LOL!!! There is no more customization by Chunghwa anymore, i have returned back to a normal JA5 rom. Wierd... haha. Anyone having the same problem? i did'nt flash the provided eboot, just the pda part.

i flashed JC1 pda with XXIJ9 csc. its in chinese intially

after that go to the language change setting and select the 2nd language listed to change the rom to english

one issue thou is the samsung xt9 is missing, other than that, everyting works as great per JC1 :)

screen13n.png

e new media player wif stretched album art

screen14vu.png

Guest mihai_mihai
Very nice work Lancez !. How can I set the Samsung SMS as default instead Widows 6.5 one ?

i changed the registry to sms-mms.exe, didn't work i belive a cab is necesary but ... didn't look to much in to that

Guest dorinvaida
i changed the registry to sms-mms.exe, didn't work i belive a cab is necesary but ... didn't look to much in to that

Thanks Mihai,

I've just find the trick in registry: HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/:MSINBOX

Change key 1 from default Tmail.exe into SMS-MMS.exe

Guest mihai_mihai
using the new firmware downloader it shows JC2 and there is no JC1 at least not the i8000H

witch frmware downloader?

ex. octans, fus downloder,official(kies,fus)etc.

what settings?

be more specific

Guest Namar
u mean downloader shows this ROM as JC2?

Lancez,

Is there any way you can upload the JC2 ROM for those of us who have no luck with the downloader provided by Quattro Fromaggi? It does not work on my x64 machine and probably never will after 2 days of trying. Thanks.

Guest Lancez
Lancez,

Is there any way you can upload the JC2 ROM for those of us who have no luck with the downloader provided by Quattro Fromaggi? It does not work on my x64 machine and probably never will after 2 days of trying. Thanks.

Namar, sorry missed ur post

i just checked source, seems to me its almost the same as JC1. do u really want it?

Guest NewForce

i just checked source, seems to me its almost the same as JC1. do u really want it?

i will give a pass on Hong Kong jc2 . after trying some other rom including the latest jc1 lite rom from Gary I decided to go back to Taiwan JC1 full rom which was faster and more complete and stable .

Edited by NewForce

Guest Lancez
i will give apass on Hong Kong jc2 .after trying some other rom including the latest jc1 lite rom from Gary Idecided to go back to Taiwan jc1 full rom which was faster and more complete and stable .

it sounds kinda weird when someone dumped custom ROMs for a stock. but in this particular case, i totally agree with u. i also found that ZUJC1 is by far the most stable and fast ROM in both segments. if it dosent have boatload of extra apps, it'll be my first choice too.

but i saw a screen shot over kingmobi, the samsung dialer skin has been changed in the ZHJC2, looks pretty cool.

post-422854-1269061290_thumb.png

Edited by Lancez

Guest NewForce
it sounds kinda weird when someone dumped custom ROMs for a stock. but in this particular case, i totally agree with u. i also found that ZUJC1 is by far the most stable and fast ROM in both segments. if it dosent have boatload of extra apps, it'll be my first choice too.

but i saw a screen shot over kingmobi, the samsung dialer skin has been changed in the ZHJC2, looks pretty cool.

I would say the older and JC1 rom's Samsung phone skin look more clean to me.

With JC1 ability to install Dice and Crayon Physics games to My Storage, I have enough phone memory already.

That's including installed PlumSIP and Swype inputs and Gameloft Sonic games to phone memory.

I like almost all those preloaded apps in Omnia2. Apps like,

Samsung Widget Plus, Midomi, Windows Live, MSN Messenger, Touch Clock, Touch Schedule, Smart Memo, Digital Frame, RSS Reader, Facebook, Youtube, Market Place, MSN Widgets, Task Switcher, Unit Converter, and so on & on...

To be frank, I like Lite rom too. But if it was not as stable nor as fast, then I am sorry I had to dump it.

Guest Lancez
I would say the older and JC1 rom's Samsung phone skin look more clean to me.

With JC1 ability to install Dice and Crayon Physics games to My Storage, I have enough phone memory already.

That's including installed PlumSIP and Swype inputs and Gameloft Sonic games to phone memory.

I like almost all those preloaded apps in Omnia2. Apps like,

Samsung Widget Plus, Midomi, Windows Live, MSN Messenger, Touch Clock, Touch Schedule, Smart Memo, Digital Frame, RSS Reader, Facebook, Youtube, Market Place, MSN Widgets, Task Switcher, Unit Converter, and so on & on...

To be frank, I like Lite rom too. But if it was not as stable nor as fast, then I am sorry I had to dump it.

agreed, especially the touch sensitivity is way better than custom ROMs which r based on JC1. im glad that u like this ROM :)

Guest NewForce
is there any way to get rid of mpro start screen lol

I didn't think much into solving this problem.

But has just simply installed a power on-off cab and then removed it again.

Since then, the startup and shutdown screens back to Samsung original one.

Guest Namar

Thanks Lancez. I got the JC2 ROM from member Amos Lee who had uploaded it earlier to Megaupload. Looks exactly like the the JC1 except for the phone skin and extra storage RAM of 2MB. Thanks Lancez ! Thanks Amos Lee!

Edited by Namar

Guest vlgligor
this ROM is a big .EXE file with 465MB in size,

2. open up .EXE then select language in english at upper right hand side.

3. turn off ur phone then connect it to ur PC.

4. once u see the "start" botton became highlighted just simply click on it.

5. do not touch anything until ur phone finished language setups. (the Octan will show "job done" b4 language setup, do not unplug ur phone at this point)

I think I am in big troubles!!! :) I used the exe file as is written here. After I hit the "start" button it starts flashing the e-boot and after that is just trying to reconnect and in the end i get the message

(FAIL) bootloader Reconnect

The log is saying

[Setup:0] Device name:5&38a88a89&0&5

[Setup:0] PDA Device Found! TimeOut:2

[Setup:0] PDA Device detected. TimeOut:2
and
[Setup:0] [EBoot:0] Download to 0x0 

[EBoot:0] Size: 1179648 Bytes

[EBoot:0] Flash programming 

[0]Reconnect Timeout!!

[Success] All Download finished.

Please, HELP ME!

EDIT:

Well, nevermind. I changed to Octans downloader and another usb port. After that I managed to flash it.

Edited by vlgligor

Guest vlgligor
u r the first one who's reported this ever, but am glad it didnt brick ur phone, good luck!
I don't think it was a problem of the executable by itself (though it started with it), but of the USB port. The USB port was the same I used other times to flash, but something happened now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...