[ROM] I8000HZUJC1+phoneJB2 official ROM(Eng,CHT)

Guest Lancez

Guest garyfl

flashed in english but parts of the rom i.e calwndar. sip. characters are still in chinese. how do i change this ? ps nice touch player <_<

Guest monyozt

how to join the file? im trying to extract both file but get error message. im using download manager, so there is no corrupt file while downloading

Guest Lancez
how to join the file? im trying to extract both file but get error message. im using download manager, so there is no corrupt file while downloading

did u use 7z to extract 2 files? it worked for me.

Guest Lancez
flashed in english but parts of the rom i.e calwndar. sip. characters are still in chinese. how do i change this ? ps nice touch player <_<

have u changed regional setting?

Guest Horphi
Mpro方案, i think it stands for mobile project, just some slogans from one of those taiwan carriers. same as if u flashed some CSCs from Secany's ROM, it'll have Orange splash screen.

+1

Mpro方案 is the taiwan carriers slogan / name for the plan.

will try to flash the CSC only to see if work.

Guest Gary Crutcher

Ok - flashed the complete JC1 rom.

1. Flashed my JB3/23529 ULight pda part.

2. Program storage decreased by 30 mb, from 218MB to 188 MB.

Ram didn't seem to change.

3. My custom power_on/off screens are replaced by the m Pro screens,

even after a hard reset. The only way to get them back is to copy them

to the windows directory. Hmmm...

Am going to flash back to JB3.

Guest Lancez
Ok - flashed the complete JC1 rom.

1. Flashed my JB3/23529 ULight pda part.

2. Program storage decreased by 30 mb, from 218MB to 188 MB.

Ram didn't seem to change.

3. My custom power_on/off screens are replaced by the m Pro screens,

even after a hard reset. The only way to get them back is to copy them

to the windows directory. Hmmm...

Am going to flash back to JB3.

hi, Gary

i dont get it, if u were trying out this ROM why did u flash ur own PDA then? there r some files,cabs etc. r in this JC1 CSC, maybe another english CSC would do the trick?

Edited by Lancez

Guest Gary Crutcher
hi, Gary

i dont get it, if u were trying out this ROM why did u flash ur own PDA then? there r some files,cabs etc. r in this JC1 CSC, maybe another english CSC would do the trick?

Just wanted to see how well JC1 would work with an older OEM/SYS (JB3/23529) pda.

What bothers me is the power_on/off screens are getting replaced.

Otherwise, the JB3/23529 pda works ok.

Will try to add new power_on/off screens to the JC1 pda and see what happens.

Guest Lancez
Just wanted to see how well JC1 would work with an older OEM/SYS (JB3/23529) pda.

well, i've had same problems with power_on/off.gif too. tried to replace them with my own, but it failed for no reason, then i found out that power_on/off can be deleted from windows folder, so i assume that it must be loading into ROM by CSC when flashing, as well as other stuff like voice commender, some games r loaded into my storage other than in main memory. thats my guess.

Guest Gary Crutcher
well, i've had same problems with power_on/off.gif too. tried to replace them with my own, but it failed for no reason, then i found out that power_on/off can be deleted from windows folder, so i assume that it must be loading into ROM by CSC when flashing, as well as other stuff like voice commender, some games r loaded into my storage other than in main memory. thats my guess.

That's going to complicate customizing.

Just rebuilt JC1 pda with new power_on/off screens.

Flashing now to see what happens.

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest Lancez
Even if I rebuild JC1 pda - adding new power_on/off screens - they

get replaced by the mPro screens.

thats weird, if power_on/off r built into ROM then there is no way i can delete them from windows folder by windows file explorer and shouldnt be still in the ROM after cooking. which CSC did u flash?

Guest Lancez
yup.. not working <_<

u might wanna download it again without download manager? coz u r the first one having this issue so far.

i've checked on pdaviet and pdamobiz, no one has complained about this issue.

dose anyone else have this problem?

Edited by Lancez

Guest Gary Crutcher
thats weird, if power_on/off r built into ROM then there is no way i can delete them from windows folder by windows file explorer and shouldnt be still in the ROM after cooking. which CSC did u flash?

CWTJC1 English language

Guest wes58

Power on/off screens and sounds are in the CSC file, that's why they are replaced.

Guest Lancez
CWTJC1 English language

did u extract all parts from .EXE? if so, u can try to flash with other english (0409) CSC and i guess u wont have this anymore.

try this CSC below.

CSC_I8000FAMIJ3.rar

Edited by Lancez

Guest Pijiu

I'm finding that if only trying to flash MVND.MST (renamed from MVND.bin) alone, the screen that provides the choice between English and Chinese proceeds automatically (fast) without allowing selection of which language to install (only installs Chinese).

Theres probably more to the "customer.csc" (and its integration with mvnd.bin) than usual.

Edited by Pijiu

Guest Lancez

i flashed with .EXE so i couldnt tell. but in Gary's case, i think its better to flash with EXE in english then dump it out for cooking. that way, we dont even need CSC or other english CSC can be used, i think.