Milestone Android 2.1 is out

Guest da900

Guest da900

Here is the link to the page, where you can find Android 2.1 ROMs for Milestone. Yet only for South Africa, Singapore and Europe.

THE LINK

P.S. No Root yet for this ROMs. Root from android-hilfe.de isn't working for new official ROMs based on 2.1. But there are nandroid backups with root made from 2.1 ROMS. Here is THE LINK how to flash rooted 2.1 ROM.

Edited by da900

Guest da900
which rom did u load from the nandroid dumps? i have a uk milestone i would like the root function when i move to 2.1 thanks

This one -

Europe GAS_EMEA_USASHLS00RTEU_P042 BbcS 2.1 (SHOLS_U2_02.31.0) (rooted) from Bavilo (based on the retail EU version, added QWERTZ Layout, otherwise stock).

It's for Central Europe and has English (UK) support.

Guest mikeyxb
This one -

Europe GAS_EMEA_USASHLS00RTEU_P042 BbcS 2.1 (SHOLS_U2_02.31.0) (rooted) from Bavilo (based on the retail EU version, added QWERTZ Layout, otherwise stock).

It's for Central Europe and has English (UK) support.

so i can download this and install it an have root access ?

Guest Chad Petree

can we trick the system to think we have a south african or singapore version?

which rom did u load from the nandroid dumps? i have a uk milestone i would like the root function when i move to 2.1 thanks

loading roms in the milestone ? wasnt this impossible?

Edited by Chad Petree

Guest da900
can we trick the system to think we have a south african or singapore version?

loading roms in the milestone ? wasnt this impossible?

What do you mean? If you need rooted south african or singapore version you should look for its dump on the page i posted in the head of this post.

Guest mikeyxb
Yes, you can.

if i installed this on my uk milestone would there be any risks i should be aware of, and how would i do a nandroid backup of my own device sorry am new to the milestone i have a pulse.

Guest da900
if i installed this on my uk milestone would there be any risks i should be aware of, and how would i do a nandroid backup of my own device sorry am new to the milestone i have a pulse.

Ok. I can wrote a little manual for you and for those who just start to discover Milestone or other android phones. But i need a time. I think i will do it tonight. Please, have some patience.

Edited by da900

Guest mikeyxb
Ok. I can wrote a little manual for you and for those who just start to discover Milestone or other android phones. But i need a time. I think i will do it tonight. Please, have some patience.

that would be great, im nothing but patient, expensive phone and want to do it right lol, would i be able to use this one

stock 2.1 Retail Central Europe SHOLS_U2_02.31.0_UCASHLSMR2EMEAB1B805C.0R_USASHLS0 0RTEU

+

root (su, Superuser.apk from ADBRecovery v5)

VoiceSearch.apk (from UK 2_01.14)

FLAC support

dalvik-cache moved from /data to /cache

fingerprint in build.prop changed so the protected apps show up in the market

Code:

ro.build.fingerprint=Moto_RTEU/umts_sholes/umts_sholes/sholes:2.1-update1/SHOLS_U2_02.31.0/1267742362:user/rkeys

changed to:

ro.build.fingerprint=MOTO_RTGB/umts_sholes/umts_sholes/sholes:2.0.1/SHOLS_U2_01.14.0/1264555607:user/rel-keys

QWERTY (default): http://www.mediafire.com/?nd2dtntjlwt

QWERTZ: http://www.mediafire.com/?mtamamnwuun

(Contains boot.img, bpsw.img, cust.img and system.img)

Guest da900
that would be great, im nothing but patient, expensive phone and want to do it right lol, would i be able to use this one

stock 2.1 Retail Central Europe SHOLS_U2_02.31.0_UCASHLSMR2EMEAB1B805C.0R_USASHLS0 0RTEU

Yes, you're able to use this one

Guest rahan95

Thanks for this link

update went fine and everything seems to work perfectly except that my keyboard turned to Qwerty =( Set French in Keyobard & language menu but it does turn the keyboard to Azerty

Any idea ?

thanks !

Edit : that's the physical keyobard I'm talking about, the virtual one is fine =)

Edited by rahan95

Guest da900

First of all you should know that all that is written here you do on your own risk. I'm not responsable for any damages and bricking of your phone!!!!

Let's start:

1. You should have already installed SHOLS_U2_01.14.0

2. Download the next archives:

- SDK Tools LINK

- ADBrecovery_v6.zip (you can download it HERE

- rooted nandroid backup (i have installed this one, that"s why i recomend to install it) LINK

+

root (su, Superuser.apk)

VoiceSearch.apk (from UK 2_01.14)

FLAC support

dalvik-cache moved from /data to /cache

fingerprint in build.prop changed so the protected apps show up in the market

(ro.build.fingerprint=Moto_RTEU/umts_sholes/umts_sholes/sholes:2.1-update1/SHOLS_U2_02.31.0/1267742362:user/rkeys changed to ro.build.fingerprint=MOTO_RTGB/umts_sholes/umts_sholes/sholes:2.0.1/SHOLS_U2_01.14.0/1264555607:user/rel-keys)
- From the folder "in_sd_root" (lies in ADBrecovery_v6.zip) copy folder "recovery" and file "update.zip" to the root of your SD Cart - Reboot yor phone into recovery mod
Turn off the phone and than turn it on with holding the CAMERA button.

You will see "!" in the triangle. Than pul on the volume-up button and camera

- Choose "apply sdcard:update.zip"

- Unzip the archive with SDK Tools to the directory you want

- plug you phone to the PC using USB cable

- Open command line on you PC and browse to the directory with unziped SDK Tools (as default command line opens in C:\Users\XXXXX (XXXX - name of your PC), so i just copied files from SDK Tools folder to this directory, in my case C:\Users\da900)

- Than write in command line this:

- adb shell

- nandroid-mobile.sh --backup

During this process PC ask something. I always pul "y", than BACKUP will be performed. When it will be finished, write in Com.line "reboot" and wait for reboot the phone

- After rebooting plug phone to PC in Storage Card Mode and find folder "nandroid" on it (contains files of backup you've just performed)

- delete from this folder IMG files of your backup with the same names as in downloaded archive "rteu231-BbcS-20100318-1808.zip"

- than copy frome the archive "rteu231-BbcS-20100318-1808.zip" all IMG files to this directory

- Unplug you phone frome PC, reboot it into recovery mod and choose "apply sdcard:update.zip"

- in command line write:

- adb shell

- nandroid-mobile.sh --restore

- again pull "y" on the questions

- wait until the process will finish

- write reboot in Com.line

After rebooting i had 2.1 Retail Central Europe + root

"

Edited by da900

Guest da900
this is great thank you very much i am very greatfull :) ;) :P ;) :P :D B) B)

Please, write of how you flash your phone. Is it all fine or not?

Please, write of how you flash your phone. Is it all fine or not?

Your instructions are spot on. I had no problems installing the rooted 2.1 on my Milestone.

cheers

Guest da900
Thanks for this link

update went fine and everything seems to work perfectly except that my keyboard turned to Qwerty =( Set French in Keyobard & language menu but it does turn the keyboard to Azerty

Any idea ?

thanks !

Edit : that's the physical keyobard I'm talking about, the virtual one is fine =)

Sorry for late answer? I just have not seen your post. But, all i can say i have the same problem. As my phone is from Germany (it has QWERZ physical key) and i'm using English, letters Z & Y are changed in places. But there is app in market for this (ruKeyboard) that has an oppotunity to correct this. So, i think you should to look for such app for your case.

Guest iamdarren

hi thanks for supplying us with this info, but before i update, please can you post some screen shots, i remember launcher 2.1 having some problems on accuraltey clicking menu items, whilst in landscape. is this still and issue?

do we have live wallpapers now? also what are the other benefits? any chance of some screen shots?

and most importantly how would we get QWERTY back?

thanks again, i will update this soon, (with root)

Guest Chad Petree
What do you mean? If you need rooted south african or singapore version you should look for its dump on the page i posted in the head of this post.

No no, i have an american milestone but the update isnt available for america yet, so i wanted to know if there was a way to trick the system to think my milestone is from singapur , so i'll be able to udpate my phone right now

Guest da900
hi thanks for supplying us with this info, but before i update, please can you post some screen shots, i remember launcher 2.1 having some problems on accuraltey clicking menu items, whilst in landscape. is this still and issue?

do we have live wallpapers now? also what are the other benefits? any chance of some screen shots?

and most importantly how would we get QWERTY back?

thanks again, i will update this soon, (with root)

There's no Launcher in Milestone ROM of 2.1 Android. All is the same like in 2.0.1 ROM, except of having live wallpapers, customisable number of home screens & other little changes + speed and stability. Can't post a screenshots 'cause of don't have now such ability. Sorry.

Guest da900
No no, i have an american milestone but the update isnt available for america yet, so i wanted to know if there was a way to trick the system to think my milestone is from singapur , so i'll be able to udpate my phone right now

I think you can update. I exactly know that all versions contains support for English (USA). And the version i recomend in my manual.

Guest Cruiseyunfat

Just got the update in Hong Kong to 2.1. Now everytime i boot up or awake from sleep, my phone asks for password due to exchange security. Annoying ha ha. Now waiting for other firmware,

Guest Aumkar

Actually, My milestone is rooted. I merely followed the instructions in the thread here which was essentially flash an older recovery SBF and then use the original milestone_root.zip to root the phone. It installs the su and the Superuser.apk just like the regular roots and works ( I tested with the N1 torch, just to add to the whitelist :) )

Regards