27/Apr - [.33.3] intersectRaven's Kernel (now with *STABLE* Hybrid AVS)

Guest R@v3n

Guest R@v3n

This is my own personally compiled kernel based on the latest kernel from Cyanogen's Github repository with Kmobs' undervolt modifications, CodeAurora's AVS code, pershoot and rotohammer's audio gain mod and several compiler optimizations based on initial idea from psyq.

Only major releases will be advertised here. Latest uploads with minor changes can be found at my MediaFire folder:

http://www.mediafire.com/intersectRaven

Major features:

- based on latest Cyanogen Mod kernel source from his GitHub repository

- kmobs' undervolt values for the non-AVS kernel

- rotohammer's audio boost modification with pershoot's values

- extra 8MB of memory reclaimed from camera based on pershoot's code modifications which were based from coolbho3k

- ethernet and wifi tethering enabled (please tell me if you're having problems)

- numerous compiler optimizations (work in progress)

- all CPU power governors for user dependent tweaking of power saving method

- STABLE Hybrid AVS (Adaptive Voltage Scaling combined with Static Voltage Scaling) support for maximum possible power savings dependent on CPU requirements

Changelog:

20100427_1352:

- rolled back driver to last functional version

- merged .33.3 mainline from kernel.org

20100424_1336:

- latest github commits by cyan

*please note the instructions...push the wifi driver BEFORE rebooting for flashing zImage...if your wifi is turned on when you reboot before you pushed the wifi driver for the kernel, there is a chance that you will go into a bootloop due to the incompatible wifi driver!

Here's the link:

20100427_1352:

http://www.mediafire.com/?yyyzg2m2zmk -> Universal Update.zip

20100424_1336:

Hybrid AVS:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zgij0mgnikg -> ZIP format

http://www.mediafire.com/?ito2yqdickn -> Update.zip format

Instructions (from command line):

1.) adb remount

2.) adb push bcm4329.ko /system/lib/modules

3.) adb reboot bootloader

4.) fastboot flash zimage zImage

5.) fastboot reboot

Finally created a github to store all of my kernel modifications:

http://github.com/intersectRaven/

*For previous versions, please visit my MediaFire folder at http://www.mediafire.com/intersectRaven.

Edited by R@v3n

Guest fabiocampos
This is my own personally compile kernel based on the latest kernel from Cyanogen's Github repository. I just compiled it with different configuration for maximum power savings with no regard for speed.

- Based on latest Cyanogen kernel from his github. (v2.6.33.1)

- Removed some kernel options to make the kernel smaller.

- "Disabled" the ondemand CPU scheduler and switched to the conservative scheduler which I believe to be a good compromise between speed and power savings.

- still uses CFQ since I don't really see any difference with Deadline.

- Has the msm 3d driver compiled into it.

Here's the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ftmwjojuytu

*The 7z file contains both the zImage file for fastboot and the wifi module to be pushed to /system/lib/modules.

What´s better than kmobs kernel version or UV Cyanogen?

Guest R@v3n
What´s better than kmobs kernel version or UV Cyanogen?

I don't have kmobs acpuclock-scorpion.c file so I can't compare them but according to cyan, kmobs is more aggressive in his underclock voltages. If I had kmobs file I would want to integrate it with this build for more power savings.

hmm interesting whats the benefit of battery life between this kernel and the kernel that undervolts the processor? just wondering

This also has moderate undervolting since its based off cyan's latest kernel github although as I pointed out above, kmobs' undervolting kernel has lower set of voltages I believe. What this kernel does is use a different default scheduler which ramps up the clock speed gently in contrast with the default stock kernel which ramps up the speed to full immediately when an application demands it thus making full use of the undervolted speeds as much as possible.

Edited by R@v3n

Guest R@v3n

Just posted a 2.6.32 version compiled from latest android git repository. Also has kmobs' undervolt mod if anyone is interested. My first impression is that it boots up faster than .33. :)

Guest damniatx
Please leave a feedback after using it for awhile! :)

Whats ur impressions after change for this kernel?

Thanks ;)

:P, sorry but this rom little to slow for me, when i test it, most of the time cpu speed run under 998Mhz(861MHz, 499MHz)

Guest R@v3n
;), sorry but this rom little to slow for me, when i test it, most of the time cpu speed run under 998Mhz(861MHz, 499MHz)

That's ok. The attitude of the conservative governor is to try to keep it from using the top speed as much as possible so it really shouldn't go to 998 Mhz unless the process is really heavy. Anyways, thanks for giving it a shot on your desire ROM! :)

Guest fabiocampos
That's ok. The attitude of the conservative governor is to try to keep it from using the top speed as much as possible so it really shouldn't go to 998 Mhz unless the process is really heavy. Anyways, thanks for giving it a shot on your desire ROM! :)

So, its no Recommended to Desire ROMs?

Thanks.

Guest R@v3n
So, its no Recommended to Desire ROMs?

Thanks.

Haven't tried the desire ROMs yet so I have no idea of how heavily its UI taxes the processor. I can only assume that due to it graphics heavy nature, it needs to have access to the full speed of the Snapdragon processor. If this is so, then I cannot recommend this kernel for those using Desire ROMs. :)

*You could try the .32 ROM since based on my preliminary findings it is a lot smoother even on low clocks. I just really can't predict it on Desire.

Edited by R@v3n

Guest R@v3n
Is the MSM 3D driver something that is not in Cyanogen's or kmobs kernels?

Cyan doesn't include it in his kernel while kmobs' includes it on his xtra build. I still don't know what this is for but since kmobs saw fit to enable it on his xtra build, I saw no harm in enabling it here. :)

Guest fabiocampos
Thanks for the heads up! I was looking for that post just now! I'll try and implement it in tonights release. I'll be updating in an hour or two after I freshen up since I just got home. :)

Ok! I can´t wait for this feature into your kernel version ;)

Best regards.

Guest R@v3n

Updated to latest cyan and integrated audio fix in cyan's kernel to 2.6.32. :)

*now to change to more comfortable clothes... (went straight to recompile after arriving home... ;) )

Guest fabiocampos
Updated to latest cyan and integrated audio fix in cyan's kernel to 2.6.32. :)

*now to change to more comfortable clothes... (went straight to recompile after arriving home... :P )

Ok dude, nice sound this. Only one question: Works with Enomther´s ROM?

Best regards ;)