Useful CAB's - for Lite & English only rom users - updated on 04/07

Guest NewForce

Guest NewForce
sori for double, i think i need a cab for MainMenu..

mainmenu is still interesting for me on lite rom, thx a lot..

Is there a samsung today cab?

Hi yr6666 & Mighty Warriors, there's already cab file for both app cab in the forum.

Guest Mighty Warriors

I mean like from this latest rom not those from older rom IL5 which i can find under the Cabs Repository, Tweaks, Samsung and WinMo Applications

Guest NewForce
I mean like from this latest rom not those from older rom IL5 which i can find under the Cabs Repository, Tweaks, Samsung and WinMo Applications

oic... kinda busy these few days. I will try to work on it after tomorrow.

Guest NewForce

Samsung_MainMenu_JC2__NewForce_.rar04/07 update - Samsung Today (from secany JB1 official rom)

Enjoy! :P

Files, SamsungToday_JB1__NewForce_.rar

Screenshots,

post-31662-1270572495_thumb.jpgpost-31662-1270572506_thumb.jpgpost-31662-1270572519_thumb.jpg

================================================================================

04/07 update - Samsung MainMenu (files from China forum and Taiwan JC2 official rom)

Files, Samsung_MainMenu_JC2__NewForce_.rar

Screenshots,

post-31662-1270572571_thumb.jpgpost-31662-1270572583_thumb.jpgpost-31662-1270572594_thumb.jpg

Edited by NewForce

Guest NewForce
nice, thanks buddy! btw, going to update ur section over my place soon :(

You're welcome buddy! :P

I had just updated Samsung MainMenu as the old having blank screen when you reset it.

Guest speedfrog

in the samsung today i cant change which programs i want to have in the shorcuts tab.

i tapped and hold on the icon and pressed change but nothing happed.

Guest NewForce

speedfrog, What's rom are u using it on?

I have not problem using my packed SamsungToday on Gary Crutcher JC2 21897 lite rom.

Below the screenshots I'm doing the shortcut change moments ago..

post-31662-1270649506_thumb.jpgpost-31662-1270649516_thumb.jpg

Guest speedfrog

im using KSTAN JB1 6.5.5 ulta lite rom from 17.mars

how can i remove the compass that is installed with samsung today?

this is how it happens:

Edited by speedfrog

Guest NewForce
im using KSTAN JB1 6.5.5 ulta lite rom from 17.mars

how can i remove the compass that is installed with samsung today?

this is how it happens:

Think something is missing in KSTAN rom.

What I can help was, try use a registry editor and goto "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Samsung\Today\Shortcut"

Manually edit the key "FilePath" value.

Example, if "FilePath" = "\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Omnia-II Compass.lnk" and you want to change it to let's say, Opera.

So change the value to, "\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Opera.lnk".

Guest ahchua

Hi Newforce,

I try this cab on Leo2 Fushion Beta 2 and I can only see rectangular box!! :P What has gone wrong??

================================================================================

Chinese Display (and input) for Chinese Display cab for Leo2 and others "Enlgish Only" Lite or Official rom

I've had flashed my Omnia2 into rodrigofd Leo2 Fushion, Gary Crutcher and twu2 "English Only" Lite rom's.

Found one common thing that missing from their Lite rom, No Chinese display and input even if there's PlumSIP or Moakey Chinese input installed.

Myself a Chinese who able read or write multiple languages beside Chinese.

Even though my main language used was English with many text received in English nowaday, but still occasionally recieved Chinese text.

So Leo2 and English Only Lite rom's without Chinese support was a pain in my... head.

So I had make this installation cab, i8000 Chinese Display, for ppl who is using bro rodrigofd, Gary Crutcher & twu2 "English Only" Lite rom.

* Do take note, install this cab to "Device" only and then soft reset your Omnia2.

Click here to download, http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=49786

=='

Guest NewForce
Hi Newforce,

I try this cab on Leo2 Fushion Beta 2 and I can only see rectangular box!! :P What has gone wrong??

After the install the cab you'll need to restart your Omnia2.

Guest ahchua
After the install the cab you'll need to restart your Omnia2.

I have done that but still the same.... :-(

But this only happen to HTC messages. No problem to view Chinese character in file explorer, media player...

Edited by ahchua

Guest NewForce
I have done that but still the same.... :-(

But this only happen to HTC messages. No problem to view Chinese character in file explorer, media player...

Did you install the Chinese cab to Device? It need to be install to Device only.

Btw, what "Regional Setting" are you using? Other than English (Australia/UK/US)?

Edited by NewForce

Guest ahchua
Did you install the Chinese cab to Device? It need to be install to Device only.

Btw, what "Regional Setting" are you using? Other than English (Australia/UK/US)?

Currently is English (US). Is there any different? I try English (Australia) also have the same problem. But I can key in Chinsee in One Note, Word mobile...

Guest Stockholm

Very nice, Thank you.

I'm thinking of installing your Samsung XT9 Multi Language cab. Does it take 11meg of ram or rom?

Is it possible to edit the _setup.xml in the cabfile to just install one language to save

some space. In my case I just like to install the Swedish keyboard and T9 on an ultra light rom, Like the 6.1.

Tank you

Guest NewForce
Very nice, Thank you.

I'm thinking of installing your Samsung XT9 Multi Language cab. Does it take 11meg of ram or rom?

Is it possible to edit the _setup.xml in the cabfile to just install one language to save

some space. In my case I just like to install the Swedish keyboard and T9 on an ultra light rom, Like the 6.1.

Tank you

You're welcome Stockholm!

Yes, it take up 11MB space and you could edit the _setup.xml.

Edit it to install only 2 languages, with English is a must, will also take up around 8MB space.

Think if using wm6.1 Ultralite rom, you're already with plenty of space, so a different of 3MB is not a critical issue.

Well, that was just a thought, it is still up to your desicion. ;)

Guest NewForce
Currently is English (US). Is there any different? I try English (Australia) also have the same problem. But I can key in Chinsee in One Note, Word mobile...

ahchua, it should be the same.

Hmm.. maybe it was due to CSC part. Which CSC part you had flashed? I'm using Singapore IJ2 previously and JA5 CSC part now.