"My Storage" Disappeared PLEASE HELP!!

Guest medellinrob

Guest medellinrob

Hi.

I was trying a new ROM (Gary's Lite JC2 ROM, updated yesterday). So far so good.

Installed SPB Mobile Shell and HTC Esspeso Theme. So far so good.

Then tried to installed an app, HD2 Mini lock screen, from the CAB that was on "My Storage", but the progress bar did not advance... not for 2 minutes, so I tried doing other stuff... and it had been near 10 minutes and no progress, so I decided to soft reset... when It turned on again "My storage" was no where to be found!!

Resco Explorer, File Explorer, and other couldn't find it.... I connected it to Vista and it just didn't exist anymore!!

Hard reset: the same

Reflash PDA nb0: the same

Flash another nb0: the same

Tried to format memory from samsung options: didn't let me

What can I do? I'm desperate!!! I've searched the forum and found nothing like this.

Should I flash eboot? Should I flash CSC? Should I Flash Phone?? (I download official I8000NXXJC1 from here)

If that doesn't work would I have a hard time getting it fixed by warranty?? It's from Bell Canada i8000L.

I don't care if I loose 3G 850mhz, I bought this phone for the 16GB storage memory.

Please reply soon I'm going crazy!!!

And I don't know what I may do! I'm fighting the urge to use octans with the Official ROM! Please advise

Edit: I've found some threads, still none of those have helped me but there's a couple yet to look into. If you know anything, please let me know.

Edited by medellinrob

Guest medellinrob

Thanks for trying to help but I've read all of those and none helped me. There's some more and it seems I need to send it to service center, it has happened to quite a few...

Sad :)

Now I gotta find a Bell ROM and a way to contact those guys...

And I used it 2 days.

Guest medellinrob
i know a bell rom was uploaded here, i have a bell phone to. Do a search for it i knows it been uploaded I8000LUGIJ6 is the file

here

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UPQMT73Y

btw by using the guide i posted did it find the storage in step 4? or you didn't find anything

I didn't find anything. In the drop down menu I had My Storage Card (not the internal storage), Dsk1, Dsk2 (nand), Dsk7 (something that sounded important, like 4 to 5mb).

Thanks for the link!

Since you seem to know a lot... would you know how to process warranty? Is there a US service center? Or will I have to contact Bell.

There's not much on their website, but I haven't dig/dug enough.

Guest daskalos
I didn't find anything. In the drop down menu I had My Storage Card (not the internal storage), Dsk1, Dsk2 (nand), Dsk7 (something that sounded important, like 4 to 5mb).

Thanks for the link!

Since you seem to know a lot... would you know how to process warranty? Is there a US service center? Or will I have to contact Bell.

There's not much on their website, but I haven't dig/dug enough.

In the drop down menu, what is the size of Dsk1 and Dsk2?

Guest medellinrob
In the drop down menu, what is the size of Dsk1 and Dsk2?

I don't remember but it was not 16GB, were MB, like 227MB and like 40MB or I don't know, none above 1GB for sure. Just the Storage card which I removed later just not to get confused.

I'm pretty sure I have to send it for repair, my hope is an official eboot from Bell, but there is none.

Probably the flash memory was damaged and/or corrupted somehow.

I'm back to Bell Stock ROM for now.

Guest rvnteck

Hi, we have the same issue regarding of the missing 16GB My Storage and I myself have been looking for a solution. I got the Bell Omnia 2 unlocked from a friend but before he hand it to me he did some modifications same thing to what you had describe

" installed an app, HD2 Mini lock screen, from the CAB that was on "My Storage", but the progress bar did not advance"

So I guess this procedure is deadly for the 16GB built in memory. My problem is, if Im gonna send it for warranty and they will find out its already unlocked, will they void the warranty? The phone was unlocked by Bell's method and me ended up paying $75 for the unlock code.

I don't remember but it was not 16GB, were MB, like 227MB and like 40MB or I don't know, none above 1GB for sure. Just the Storage card which I removed later just not to get confused.

I'm pretty sure I have to send it for repair, my hope is an official eboot from Bell, but there is none.

Probably the flash memory was damaged and/or corrupted somehow.

I'm back to Bell Stock ROM for now.

Guest medellinrob
Hi, we have the same issue regarding of the missing 16GB My Storage and I myself have been looking for a solution. I got the Bell Omnia 2 unlocked from a friend but before he hand it to me he did some modifications same thing to what you had describe

" installed an app, HD2 Mini lock screen, from the CAB that was on "My Storage", but the progress bar did not advance"

So I guess this procedure is deadly for the 16GB built in memory. My problem is, if Im gonna send it for warranty and they will find out its already unlocked, will they void the warranty? The phone was unlocked by Bell's method and me ended up paying $75 for the unlock code.

I don't think it's deadly for every 16GB storage... I guess just for some that are not well manufactured. And it may be not that app but plenty. It's scary.

I wouldn't worry If I were you, not too much at least. You unlocked it Bell's method which is legal, so no problem, and they might unlock it again for free...

I in the other hand was a $20 USD non-legal method, and I'm not in Canada, I'm far away, I'm not a Bell customer and I don't have a friend that is a Bell Customer.

I've been very busy these last days but I'll resume these Issue tomorrow.