27/May r2 - Desire Camera application on Nexus One (MCR/CM/Enomther)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest AndiTails

CM 5.0.5.3 + Desire camera running here, all good, including WiFi.

Nice one, Paul!

This is the one Sense thing I missed... :)

Can live without the widgets, HelixLauncher adds some interface, themes can give you black.. Paul gives you the camera.. lol

Guest notfive
I dont think this is a bug, in desire ROM, it also store in 100MEDIA folder instead the original Nexus One folder.

Ah, that's fine then :) Thought it might have been a bug. Not a huge issue, just doesn't read as nicely as "Camera."

Guest julesism

well done sir P! I've been running cyanogen's ROM's since I need working BT. Updated to 5.0.5.3 and threw this on there and it's perfect. Much better cam than stock.

Guest The Hero

Think I figured it out. Everything works fine when I bake the Desire Camera app in using the kitchen. It was when I flashed the separate .ZIP file to my existing rom using Recovery that my Wi-Fi gave me issue.

Guest srajib316
So i definetly cant use this on emnother or nobody has tried?

nope, can't be used with Enom's rom; i did a nandroid, and tried it, but it stays stuck on the screen with the X

paul said he's going to make a script to make it compatible to all roms

Guest tallen3

Tried this out on my Nexus cm 5.0.5.3 and all I got was constant force close of HelixLauncher 1.3BETA2. Couldn't get past that, I love using that launcher, but the camera app is fabulous gonna try again if there's another update. I'm also using the Nextheme don't know if that affects it. I will be looking for the next update with great anticipation, thanks for your fab work.

Guest chunga

Hi Paul amazing ;), one question, I noticed that boot.img is inside the patch. I'm using the custom OC UV kernel so I have to push the zimage again. Is really needed to be there? I'm Just curious :)

Edited by chunga

Guest DistortedLoop
Hi Paul amazing ;), one question, I noticed that boot.img is inside the patch. I'm using the custom OC UV kernel so I have to push the zimage again. Is really needed to be there? I'm Just curious :)

What if you flashed the update zip for the camera, then while still in recovery flashed the OC UV kernel that comes in zip format?

Guest DistortedLoop
What if you flashed the update zip for the camera, then while still in recovery flashed the OC UV kernel that comes in zip format?

Actually, the camera app force closes after any activity with the OC UV kernel.

Guest WhiteHartMart

Working brilliantly for me on 5.0.5.3 :)

Only small thing I noticed was that 'Camcorder' icon still takes you to app in Photo mode. No a big deal cause the video capabilities still work.

Great work again Paul ;)