27/May r2 - Desire Camera application on Nexus One (MCR/CM/Enomther)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest vespabonvi

why can not I download the update of the camera for the cyano 5.5.3 ????? By clicking on the link every time I always open the news page ..... although it came with my account

Guest DistortedLoop
why can not I download the update of the camera for the cyano 5.5.3 ????? By clicking on the link every time I always open the news page ..... although it came with my account

I think that depends on your browser. On my N1, that's what happened. On Safari, no problem. Try right clicking and Save As on the link...

P.S. - the same info is right on the top of this page of posts.

Edited by DistortedLoop

Guest DistortedLoop
Does anyone know if the kernel for the CM 5.0.5.3 version is undervolted?

Yes, Cyanogen is undervolted (to Qualcom's specs), though not as aggressively as the other undervolt kernels floating around on xda. Also, Paul gives you an option to use the teknologist kernel, which is undervolted.

Guest chunga

I use 1,113Ghz kernel undervolted with no problems.

The only thing I noticed is when I start the camera recording it opens the camera in photo mode.

Another issue is related to the photo picker, if you have IE twicca app and want to pick some photos to tweet you can't.

Guest hefeglass

THANK YOU so much Paul for doing this! I was enjoying the desire rom but the bluetooth was killing me. I recently went to cyanogen but seriously missed the camera app. I cant thank you enough for porting that over for us....makes the cyanogen ROM complete!

If i could possibly make one request..:

I dont know if this is possible, but would you be able to port over the desire "photos" app and have an update zip for us to install that into cyanogen rom...it could even replace the stock galleries app IMO. The problem with the 3d stock gallery app is that is doesnt allow you to view your images in full resolution on the phone. In the desire ROM, you can zoom in on the images and in a couple seconds, the phone renders the high res version so you can see all of the details right on the phone without the need to use a computer. I hope this is possible to do. Thanks again for all of the great work you have done with the nexus and thanks for sharing it with all of us!

Guest Zephyron

Using it on CM 5.0.5.3 baked kitchen rom and it FCs when I press the zoom button, brightness setting and the one under the brightness setting. otherwise works great

Guest ethos99
Using it on CM 5.0.5.3 baked kitchen rom and it FCs when I press the zoom button, brightness setting and the one under the brightness setting. otherwise works great

Mine FC's when I snap a picture. The picture is there but I have to reload after every picture. Anyone else?

Edited by ethos99

Guest Zephyron
Mine FC's when I snap a picture. The picture is there but I have to reload after every picture. Anyone else?

just tried this and yeah it does FC after a picture is taken, but picture is still saved

Guest FTL Viper

After downloading this zip update to Cyan's 5.3 update I lost the ability to connect to wifi. I then D/L'ed the full rom and still can't connect to wifi. Anyone else having this issue?

Works great on my N1 (CM 5.0.5.3).

No FCs or problems with Wifi.

Would be cool if the app names the photos like the original app (date and time instead of "IMAGxxxx") and saves them to "camera"-folder.

And i think the geotagging doesnt work (shows "unknown location").

Guest AndrewTan

Thanks Paul,

Working great now :P with UV/OC Kernel. So far no more FC after I not pushing back the .ko file but only reflash the UV/OC kernel after installing the Desire Camera.

My WiFi also working fine. :( Happy! :(

Guest AndrewTan
Will post a new release online tomorrow with some tweaks / fixes. :P

P

Great news :( So far the only problem I face with current version is:

- The Camcoder when open same point to Photo not Video.

- Opening the camera via nemoPlayer (Acer Music/Video Player) give me FC, it is working in stock camera.

The rest seems ok and work great as usual as in Desire ROM. :(

Guest AndrewTan

Sample photo shot using Paul Desire Camera Mod in Nexus One :(

4470255686_2aecc19b5e_o.jpg

4469486059_908ede145d_o.jpg

4470262468_fdfa195542_o.jpg

4470260834_8bbb0ee2b6_o.jpg

4470258556_57f46eee98_o.jpg

- The touch to Focus is working perfectly.

- The Flash light also working correctly.

- Face detection also working. :P

Edited by AndrewTan

Some good news - for the update i'll post tomorrow, i've removed the need for a customised framework.jar. This means it should be a lot easier to get working on any ROM, and it will no longer interfere with trackball alert. :P

P

Guest fabiocampos
Some good news - for the update i'll post tomorrow, i've removed the need for a customised framework.jar. This means it should be a lot easier to get working on any ROM, and it will no longer interfere with trackball alert. :P

P

Nice sounds this @Paul. U´re the best :(

Good work my friend :(

Guest DistortedLoop

Paul, this camera is frickin' fantastic. It's the only thing I missed about not using the Desire ROM. Absolutely worship the bits you spew at this point, LOL.

How difficult would it be to make how you snap the picture customizable, i.e., maybe a volume button instead of the trackball?

I went hog wild with the camera at a strongman competition and the beach yesterday and took over a hundred pictures. It was really awkward to do one handed (holding camera high above head) snapshots; the grip on the phone was precarious. I eventually figured out if I actually held the camera with the trackball at the top (upside down), I could securely hold the camera with thumb on one side and middle/ring fingers on the other and then snap the shots with my index finger.

Guest desert00rat

Just downloaded the app. Applied it to a CM 5.0.5.3 with NexTheme 2.0. Haven't messed with any of the settings at all.

No FC but i took a few pictures. When I touched (while still in camera) to view the last photo taken, it takes me back to the gallery. The new pics (which should be in a new section in the gallery) aren't there... the entire section is gone. It shows up for a split second (i can see the name briefly) then it disappears. Only way to get it back was to reboot the phone, then I could see the new section in the gallery.

Other minor error (now that I can see the gallery normally) is with the camera ready to take a pic, touch to see the last picture taken, brings you back to the gallery, not the actual last pic taken.

Hope this helps to iron out some of the issues for an otherwise awesome app... Nice work Paul!

Testing a new version, uploading coming very soon.

Changes:

• No longer requires a patched framework.jar
  • No longer requires a patched Gallery3D
  • Now using Enomther's slimmed HTC resources apk (thanks man!)
  • Camcorder icon is now removed (Camera icon only, until I fix the Camcorder link)

This should make it a lot easier to implement for the ROM of your choice - only 1 small edit is needed to the boot image init.rc. This will stop it breaking things like trackball alert too.

Watch this space! :P

P

New version online! :P

P

Changelog

r2

• No longer requires a patched framework.jar (ROM chefs, include com.htc.framework.jar in your bootclasspath BEFORE framework.jar)
  • No longer requires a patched Gallery3D
  • Now using Enomther's slimmed HTC resources apk (thanks!)
  • Camcorder icon is now removed (now showing Camera icon only, until I fix the Camcorder link)

Important:

If upgrading from a previous Desire Camera release, I STRONGLY RECOMMEND reinstalling your chosen base ROM again, as some previously altered files (e.g. the Gallery APK) are no longer modified.

:P

P